Not open for further replies.
Tonight.

Beatles.

Hey Jude.

Abby.

I'm just sayin.

We love you A, Z and S.

We do.

I'm curious, at this point (four months in), how much the public is helping? Clearly, those close to Abby and a bunch of others are, but the public? There are 315 million people in the US and, generally, a minuscule number of them are actively engaged in missing person cases. I believe a large portion of the public is fickle and mainly disinterested. Thank goodness Abby has PK, AS, LH, RG and the other wonderful people who are trying to keep Abby's face out there. I give them my sincerest, deepest respect.

Find your way home, Abby![/QUOTE]

Can we reach out to missing person/police Facebook groups in other states asking if each could share AH’s missing information? What about posting missing person information on Craigslist/Backpage in every city in every state with permission from ZH of course and the FBI/Conway PD? Divide up a map and work in sections or something! Would that be something we could do to help this family if they give us permission to help them? There are two kinds of people: Those that do something and those that talk about doing something and never do anything. I dont know if that violates any Websleuth rule, so I apologize. I just wish the public was more involved because someone eventually should recognize her if they are aware that she is a missing person. Reading many comments on WMUR for example, many are losing interest, feel the family is hiding information, think she ran away and just don't know how they can help. No one knows where to look and that is frustrating for many. People need to look everywhere. Thank goodness Abby does have PK, AS, LH, RG, and so many people doing everything that they can do. ZH needs more help in finding AH.

I hope Abby is able to have a big snowball fight today.

Just saw a sad update on another missing person (Leanne Bearden) and felt compelled to head to Abby's thread.... hoping for good news.

A great big BUMP! for Abby today.

Just saw a sad update on another missing person (Leanne Bearden) and felt compelled to head to Abby's thread.... hoping for good news.

A great big BUMP! for Abby today.

I do concur. A great big BUMP! for Abby on this very special day!!!
All the way from Scandinavia I follow four particular cases here on WB regularly: Abby, Maura Murray, Brianna Maitland and the haunting, but it often seems nearly forgotten case of Barbara Bolick of MT.
This forum is just the best - always civil, respectful and full of great insights.

I've got to say, the lack of any news or apparent progress here is really discouraging. I don't know how Zenya pushes though - I give her a lot of credit.

pkirsch2013 is a verified insider in this case now. I'm getting them set up and thought I'd let y'all know.

:rose: For Abby :rose:

I'm curious, at this point (four months in), how much the public is helping? Clearly, those close to Abby and a bunch of others are, but the public? There are 315 million people in the US and, generally, a minuscule number of them are actively engaged in missing person cases. I believe a large portion of the public is fickle and mainly disinterested. Thank goodness Abby has PK, AS, LH, RG and the other wonderful people who are trying to keep Abby's face out there. I give them my sincerest, deepest respect.

Find your way home, Abby!

Can we reach out to missing person/police Facebook groups in other states asking if each could share AH’s missing information? What about posting missing person information on Craigslist/Backpage in every city in every state with permission from ZH of course and the FBI/Conway PD? Divide up a map and work in sections or something! Would that be something we could do to help this family if they give us permission to help them? There are two kinds of people: Those that do something and those that talk about doing something and never do anything. I dont know if that violates any Websleuth rule, so I apologize. I just wish the public was more involved because someone eventually should recognize her if they are aware that she is a missing person. Reading many comments on WMUR for example, many are losing interest, feel the family is hiding information, think she ran away and just don't know how they can help. No one knows where to look and that is frustrating for many. People need to look everywhere. Thank goodness Abby does have PK, AS, LH, RG, and so many people doing everything that they can do. ZH needs more help in finding AH.[/QUOTE]

Great post and great ideas!

I don't want to offend Zenya in anyway but I have to wonder why she isn't taking the opportunity to address the person that is keeping Abby? I understand she wants to get the message to Abby but if Abby cannot leave then shouldn't she be addressing the fact that Abby is a minor and this person is going to be in a lot of trouble to let her daughter go? If this is the case, if Abby has runaway then why are the LE still involved and the FBI? This is what I can't understand, I have never seen a case like this with so much coverage for a runaway.

There are NO indications that Abby ran away. She has NO history of running away. LE still classifies her as a missing person, not a run away.

Can we reach out to missing person/police Facebook groups in other states asking if each could share AH’s missing information? What about posting missing person information on Craigslist/Backpage in every city in every state with permission from ZH of course and the FBI/Conway PD? Divide up a map and work in sections or something! Would that be something we could do to help this family if they give us permission to help them? There are two kinds of people: Those that do something and those that talk about doing something and never do anything. I dont know if that violates any Websleuth rule, so I apologize. I just wish the public was more involved because someone eventually should recognize her if they are aware that she is a missing person. Reading many comments on WMUR for example, many are losing interest, feel the family is hiding information, think she ran away and just don't know how they can help. No one knows where to look and that is frustrating for many. People need to look everywhere. Thank goodness Abby does have PK, AS, LH, RG, and so many people doing everything that they can do. ZH needs more help in finding AH.[/QUOTE]

We have Abby's info on SEVERAL missing pages on facebook. And by several, I couldn't even begin to tell you how many!

There are NO indications that Abby ran away. She has NO history of running away. LE still classifies her as a missing person, not a run away.

Fist of all I never said that she was a runaway. There have been several people that have speculated that she could have runaway. I said "if" she was a runaway that the FBI would not still be involved. Please read my post again. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I never said she ran away. My post was mostly addressing why they do not confront the person that has Abby through the media or letters. I was just curious as to why that is not being done. Thank you and no disrespect intended.

pkirsch2013 is a verified insider in this case now. I'm getting them set up and thought I'd let y'all know.
:rose: For Abby :rose:

Can we reach out to missing person/police Facebook groups in other states asking if each could share AH’s missing information? What about posting missing person information on Craigslist/Backpage in every city in every state with permission from ZH of course and the FBI/Conway PD? Divide up a map and work in sections or something! Would that be something we could do to help this family if they give us permission to help them? There are two kinds of people: Those that do something and those that talk about doing something and never do anything. I dont know if that violates any Websleuth rule, so I apologize. I just wish the public was more involved because someone eventually should recognize her if they are aware that she is a missing person. Reading many comments on WMUR for example, many are losing interest, feel the family is hiding information, think she ran away and just don't know how they can help. No one knows where to look and that is frustrating for many. People need to look everywhere. Thank goodness Abby does have PK, AS, LH, RG, and so many people doing everything that they can do. ZH needs more help in finding AH.

~ YAY on PK as VI.
~ Apparently I have a broken quote here but with regard to the question of the public helping? I think, (and this might be a lot to ask), but if PK could give a stat on 'page views', 'talking about it', 'shares', etc We would see tens of thousands of people sharing and spreading the word. I have no idea how to quantify that data, but add to that the number of magnetic signs, fliers, wallet cards, etc that have gone out. Plus there was a page somewhere that gave stats on hashtags and we were, or are using the #bringabbyhome tag.
I honestly feel that public involvement is happening on a grand scale.
~ Divide up a map - YES! we have to do that outside of WS though. And that would be like dividing up the fliers going to the stores and visitor centers over the TG holiday.
~ For the people that "TheNightOwl" listed. They are what love is.
~ On these comments when there is a news story. Those are a few voices. Very few and IMO, in the real world good people are working tirelessly and the number of people pushing Abby's picture and story are far greater than those complaining. Abby's story is international.
~ On one other note, I know I should ask a Mod or Admin, but is it possible to set up a support thread? Anyone know?

A support thread would be awesome if we are allowed!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

~ YAY on PK as VI.

I honestly feel that public involvement is happening on a grand scale.
~ Divide up a map - YES! we have to do that outside of WS though. And that would be like dividing up the fliers going to the stores and visitor centers over the TG holiday.

[SBM]
If anyone is organizing/dividing up a map, count me in with a PM. I thought about this too as a way to optimize all the private searches some of us have been engaged in.

What does Abby like to do? Ski, snowboard, surf, read.... anything that could help us be more on the lookout for her. Foods that she likes?

Anything that we can watch for (without compromising any investigations...) would be helpful.

Abby, Abby, Abby. Where are you?

I guess what makes this so difficult to is that fact that we are looking at all the pictures of Abby with long brown hair. We do not know if her appearance has been altered. If this is the case it could be very difficult for the public to be on the look out. Makeup and new hairstyle and new hair color can really alter a person's appearance. I wore a wig for Halloween with lots of make up one time and you could not tell it was me at all and nobody knew who I was. I think that is the case with Abby because I feel someone would have recognized her by now after all these months. I think they need to do some work on creating different versions of how she would look with different hair color, lots of makeup, different hairstyle. Not sure how it could be done but I am sure the FBI has access to software that could create some new pics. However, it would be hard because we have no idea what kind of hairstyle or colors she might have now. I would bet money though her appearance has been altered because that is the only explanation I have for someone not seeing her out there. There are just too many people following on facebook and twitter and other police depts. across the country. So that is something I feel they should try to create IMO. What do you all think?

I have seen more photos of Abby than any other missing. I think they've done a great job of getting different angles of her face, with and without hats, hair back, hair down, curly, straight. I don't think they could possibly go through all the different possibilities of what her hair looks like right now, kwim? I also think maybe nobody has seen Abby because she's not out and about in the public. My guess is that if she were it would be a lot more likely she'd have found a way to make contact or make a break for it by now. :( We need those singular people who knew something early on, saw something early on or may have seen her being moved from one location to another if that is the case…

What do you all think? Is she with someone she knows (good or bad), or someone not previously known to her. I hope and pray that she is alive and well.

There are many visitors that come to NH in the summer. If summer ever arrives, that is. Posters at the beach would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa