New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Heather Sullivan of Centerville Hickman County TN...the guy grabbed her arm and the lamp fell then shattered which caused him to run away. Is that aggravated assault?

http://billwarnermyblog.wordpress.c...ler-zach-adams-in-holly-bobo-kidnapping-case/

The details are not quite specific enough to judge 100% accurately, but from what is described, this would not be an aggravated assault charge. Being as the perp did grab her, it would be a simple battery charge (at minimum), however if he displayed a weapon or inferred that he had a weapon, it would be an aggravated battery charge.

An assault is when no bodily contact is made (simple assault), and elevates to an aggravated assault when a threat is made with a weapon (or the perp infers he has a weapon, even if he doesn't). But once contact is made, it becomes a battery (a higher charge).

Now that also leaves us with what would constitute an attempted kidnapping charge. There has to be clear and convincing evidence that kidnapping was the intent, for the courts. That is the part where every detail of the facts are important to see if that level of evidence meets the criteria for an attempted kidnapping charge. Intent is the hardest thing to show/prove in many cases.

Hope this helps.

We read in the press that a neighbor to ZA stated that Holly was "stalked" at a coon hunt event just a couple weeks before her disappearance. She related that ZA was one of the young men following Holly around. Karen Bobo noticed this as well...and was concerned about it.

There has always been innuendo about Holly "knowing something" or "coming across something" that would incriminate or otherwise hurt a person/people/operation. Because of this, she had to be silenced or stopped from releasing information. Since we know ZA has a meth history, could this innuendo be likely? Perhaps....

IMO we need to be careful to not fall to far down into the rabbit hole while discussing this case. Think about it this way, the FBI doesn't generally get knee deep in investigations in rural TN. Especially not about a run of the mill junkie, there is much more to this situation than can be seen.

I respect your opinion but I think it had everything to do with how attractive, friendly, and sweet Holly was, and someone (suspect or suspects) became fixated with Holly without her knowledge.

I have read about these type of abductions for over thirty years and in the end the victim was kidnapped, raped, and murdered, and rape was the motive for taking the victim in the first place. I don't think this case will be any different. But that is JMO.

I don't know who JA is or DA. Sorry, I haven't kept up with this case close enough to know who's initials they belong to. ZAs brothers?

All I have heard is ZA was arrested for drugs and then later on arrested for assault last week and remains in jail, iirc. So DA is also in jail?

But I do agree............someone is talking.

I'm sorry Ocean.....JA is one of the other guys that have been suggested as linked to ZA. And DA is JA's brother. Its crazy so I apologize in advance. But there are lots of drug links among these guys. And all of them have been said to have PERHAPS played a part in the disappearance. I may be treading into bad territory so I'll stop there.

Craig Landschoot ‏@CraigLwsmv 1m
TBI has brought in an excavator to Adams Ln. It's used for digging. #HollyBobo #BreakingNews @wsmv

https://twitter.com/CraigLwsmv

Jordan Buie ‏@JordanBuie 8m
A truck with a back hoe has just turned down Adams Lane in the #HollyBobo investigation. The most activity this morning.

https://twitter.com/JordanBuie

Quoted post BBM.
Now *that* is a significant sign. Nothing guaranteed, but a better sign they may not leave empty handed without results. This search warrant never appeared to be executed with a high level of "specific" direction or knowledge, even tho probable cause surely had to be met, tho we are all "in the dark" about the details of probable cause at this time. I had been waiting for any signs of an excavator since this SW began. Until now, it appeared too vague, as far as info for a good search.

The fact that they are preparing to excavate does show more *specific info* coming in, or it's due to peculiar/learned observations on scene.

Do you think there may be allegations that local LE has somehow mishandled this investigation? Thus causing the FBI to take the lead and not allow local LE on the search site? Maybe "good ole boy" allegations? I believe something has happened to be the catalyst for the FBI coming in this way and leaving local LE out. JMO

I've followed a number of cases here and, unfortunately, all of the cases I have followed are not solved. Holly Bobo is one of these sad cases. I am so hoping for resolution!

I am use to some of the media putting out misinformation. It happens on a regular basis.:(

I am sure she knew who he was and may have spoken to him in passing. Everyone in a small community usually 'knows' each other and may speak to them if they see them around town somewhere. Heck I even do that with strangers I do not know. LOL!

But more media sites are saying that Holly was not a friend of his but he was a friend of Holly's cousin. Which one I don't think has been released.

LE is probably talking to the cousin to learn all they can about ZA.

Holly was a very good person, with goals, and a bright future imo and I cant see her hanging around with a druggie who is older than she was/is. In fact I cant see anyone in the Bobo family doing so either.

imo

No, I personally don't believe they were friends at all. I think they were at most acquaintances. This is a very small rural place. They had surely seen each other numerous times, or went to the same schools at one time.

From where Holly went missing to the Adams property is 15 miles, but there's almost nothing but woods and fields in between when you look on the map. I have no doubt that this was planned and perhaps she had been watched for some time to find out her habits. I think that's why someone was waiting for her in the garage that morning and had a route planned on the backroads.

I think there was more than one person involved and we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet. I also think more than one person helped cover this up for years. JMOO

Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes
Yes, he was sure at the time it was Holly's boyfriend so that would interfere with his perception. But he gave this sketch after they found out it wasn't her boyfriend, right?

The sketch was made from Heather Sullivan's description of the person that tried to abduct her...not from the Holly Bobo abduction. People were speculating whether ZA fit her description.

Bad weather news for the searchers - Thundersleet coming! :(

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=9917920d0c914c&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

Winter Storm Warning in Western Tennessee
Active for next 17 hoursLocations: Chester; Decatur; Henderson

Significant ice and sleet accumulations appear likely over portions of the Midsouth late today and tonight.

Abundant moisture from the Gulf of Mexico will interact with bitter cold Arctic air moving into the Midsouth today and tonight.

Subfreezing Temperatures will continue to move southeast to the Interstate 40 corridor by late afternoon, and a Clarksdale Mississippi to Savannah Tennessee line by 9 pm. During the overnight, the freezing line should extend along the Natchez Trace Parkway at 1 am Monday. The freezing line will drop through the remainder of the Northeast Mississippi by 5 am Monday.

Continuous light to moderate freezing rain will occur today behind the front, along with periods of sleet where Thunder occurs. Further north, Freezing Rain will mix with and transition to sleet over Northeast Arkansas, the Missouri Bootheel and northwest Tennessee.

The late evening and overnight will see sleet mixing with freezing rain over North Mississippi, West Tennessee and East Central Arkansas. Over Northeast Arkansas, the Missouri Bootheel and northwest Tennessee, sleet will mix with and change over to snow.

637 CST update, separated the Interstate 40 corridor grouping into separate East/west groups to highlight increased snow accumulations in the east, near the Tennessee River Valley late tonight.

Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 6 am CST Monday.

Snow/sleet/ice accumulations, one half to three quarters inch of ice, up to one half inch of sleet, and up to two inches of snow accumulations.
Timing: 9 am CST Sunday through 6 am CST Monday.
Impacts: Freezing rain and sleet will cause hazardous driving conditions. Downed Trees and power lines will be likely. Along with power outages.

Do you think there may be allegations that local LE has somehow mishandled this investigation? Thus causing the FBI to take the lead and not allow local LE on the search site? Maybe "good ole boy" allegations? I believe something has happened to be the catalyst for the FBI coming in this way and leaving local LE out. JMO

I think there maybe family affluences in the community that may have caused the FBI to take the role here. IMO I could be wrong too.

Craig Landschoot ‏@CraigLwsmv 1m
TBI has brought in an excavator to Adams Ln. It's used for digging. #HollyBobo #BreakingNews @wsmv

https://twitter.com/CraigLwsmv

Jordan Buie ‏@JordanBuie 8m
A truck with a back hoe has just turned down Adams Lane in the #HollyBobo investigation. The most activity this morning.

https://twitter.com/JordanBuie

very targeted search.. given that ZA was just in jail I wonder before his most recent arrest I wonder if he has been "talking" not to LE but maybe to other inmates, etc... :twocents:

Katie Rufener ‏@KRufener_WREG3
A man I spoke with who knows both the Bobo and Adams families says he believes Holly is still alive and "knows more than we do."
https://twitter.com/KRufener_WREG3/status/439903710391455744

I saw this man on the local news last night and he said he knew more than we do about the case. In my opinion, he looked like he was trying to draw attention to himself. There are so many rumors going around about the Holly Bobo case. Darden is a small town and many of the locals keep the rumors alive.

Bumping:

Hickman Co. Case Connected To Holly Bobo? 4-21-20

http://www.wsmv.com/story/14822410/hickman-co-case-connected-to-holly-bobo-4-21-2011

While crews look for any signs of her in the water, a possible clue may also be 50 miles away in Hickman County. Investigators are now looking into whether an attempted abduction in Centerville is connected to Holly Bobo, who has been missing for more than a week.

Heather Sullivan said in the early-morning hours, three months ago, a tall, skinny man in a gray hooded jacket grabbed her arm as she stepped out of her home. However, the glass top of a lamp she was holding fell and shattered. It startled her boyfriend, who was inside the house, and the man then ran away.

"I was scared. I was numb. I couldn't move. I couldn't say anything or do anything," said Sullivan.
She called police, who searched the woods and found no one. Sullivan said she hasn't seen the man since.
She said she believes the man was trying to abduct her. Sullivan said when she heard about Bobo, her first thought was that it could be the same person.

I saw this man on the local news last night and he said he knew more than we do about the case. In my opinion, he looked like he was trying to draw attention to himself. There are so many rumors going around about the Holly Bobo case. Darden is a small town and many of the locals keep the rumors alive.

If she was still alive I don't think they'd be bringing excavators in to dig on the property. :(

Yes, it has been suggested since the earliest days that local LE has too many attachments and connections to the families in the area to do a proper investigation. Some have commonly called it "The Good-Ole Boy" system. I think we are seeing the FBI trying to diminish this possibility by keeping local LE at bay right now.

If she was still alive I don't think they'd be bringing excavators in to dig on the property. :(

Yes....its been 3 years next month. Holly's blood was at the scene of her abduction. I see no way she could be living still. Oh how I hope she could be! But its unlikely, for sure. I pray her family can have some answers....and that the perpetrators can be brought to justice. I think this case runs deep among several individuals in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa