GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started following this trial but I must say, my heart can only take so much. God Bless you and hold you close little one. As a woman with a heart full of love but no children I cannot bear these people hurting the helpless and innocent. I just can't take it.

I feel sick. But I also feel that the jury will convict him and probably vote for the DP.

It doesn't change the fact that Helen, and that monster's family MUST be held to account.

The only way evil can exist is for other people to know and do nothing. They are culpable.

And alas, Helen now has another baby girl and lives with a boyfriend. SMH

I have tried, but can't even get close to, imagining WTH was going on in JR's head. First of all, he spent 10 long days...around 240 hours...14400 minutes...864000 seconds restraining, torturing, brutalizing, biting, raping, beating, and god knows what else, this tiny, innocent, helpless baby. And then he takes her to ER and says she fell off an air mattress? How could he think ANYONE would believe this, much less trained professionals?

Does he WANT to be in prison? He obviously doesn't want to die, because he took it to trial, but he had to know he was going to prison. Had to.

I want to know what his game is. What is his plan? Because, I think he has one. He can't be THAT stupid.

Any thoughts?

Oh yes, my mind is racing with thoughts but to give my opinion to your thoughts.
Anyone who has an evil in them such as he does will never ever see the error of their ways. That is why he can sit in that court room day after day listening to every little thing he did to that child and play it in his mind exactly how it was as he was doing it. In my opinion he's enjoying every little detail he can listen to. I say he thinks he going to walk cuz in his eye's he see's nothing wrong with what he did and he will never ever have remorse. He will blame Teghan for his "bad luck".
I for one am extremely glad he is having a trial cuz then we get to have the DP on the table. If he is convicted and sentenced to death then hopefully when he's begging for his freedom or LWOP someone will have the mind to read exactly what he did and never let him out no matter what. The other thing is he will be the first one to cry all over the place when he's taken to the death chamber in what 20 to 25 years (eyeroll) from now but I hope he thinks every day about his own death and it tortures his mind every second of every day for the rest of his wretched life.

For attorneys or other smart people...why aren't JR's grandparents held responsible for something? I know under NC law they do not have to report, but there has to be something somewhere in the law that people just can't stand by and allow a child to be abused. How about a civil lawsuit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly!! I do, however, catch myself being a little kinder to everyone around me - kids. adult kids, pets, as if in some tiny way it sways the balance of what is just pure evil. Looking for the day that HR is found to be just as accountable in this tragedy! She knew what he was capable of and was not mother of the year herself.

IMO her mother is equally responsible and should be sitting right beside him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO her mother is equally responsible and should be sitting right beside him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe she thought he was quite a catch! Cute and all...leaving her baby with him was insurance that he would be there when she came back from her little stint in reserves training. I need to walk away from the case for awhile. It is unbearable.

Sadly Chelly, you are right :(

Maybe MSM will speak up AFTER this trial ends.
Someone needs to tell this little girls story.

ETA- Although I do not know how much more I can take. Literally every time I read this thread my BP shoots up (my ears start ringing, heart starts thumping).
And I do not even know this child. I can not even IMAGINE having loved her in life and have to hear what he did.
Is it wrong for me to hope her Bio Father has contacts in the jail system where *the monster* will be headed? (You all know what I mean....)

----------
Nymeria it is not wrong for you to feel this way. Someone should introduce a broomstick to him, clear up to his lousy head!! On one MSNBC show they said many prisons keep child attackers together. I want them out in GP.!!! They better keep him, he sure as he(( is not safe on the outside. Her mother should go to jail also.Baby be taken away from her.She doesnt deserve another child! :furious::crying:

I know full well this is the most difficult case (at least for me) I have ever come across. It is nauseating and infuriating to know there was a way out for Teghan but an adult had to take her there. Sadly, none of the adults had the gumption to do so and little Teghan suffered terribly for it.
That said, I would like to encourage those of you who are feeling so horrible that you want and/or need to distance yourselves to hang in there! We are rounding third and heading for home! I realize this case may dredge up memories among other things we harbor within ourselves, but for Teghans sake, hang on just a little longer. Hope I am not out of line, and forgive me if I offend. It is not intentional.

Jonathan Richardson is only 25 years old. That's a long time to wait for the DP. IF he stays healthy, he may live long enuff to have that needle poked into his arm.

His prior crimes were all misdemeanors, and he served no time:
2007....Communicating threats
...........Willful/Wanton Injury to Real Property
...........Assault
...........Damage to Property
2008... Level I DWI (the most minor of DWI)

He was 18 y/o in 2007, and 19 in 2008; he hasn't been convicted of anything since then. WTH happened to him? My guess is, as has already been said -- alcohol & prolly drugs. Is he what is called a "mean drunk"? I'm surprised that he hasn't been caught & convicted of anything more serious during those in-between years. How did he stay out of trouble? Did no one see something horrible coming? Could this horror have been avoided?

I'm obviously (I hope it's obvious) not asking these unanswerable questions for his sake, I'm asking for her sake, and possibly for the sake of the next child who is seemingly no more than a candle in the wind -- to be blown out on a drunk's whim. The one who was handed over like she was a pawn ticket for her mother to redeem when she came back to town.

Anyway, he has certainly made up for all that time -- he did more than a lifetime of cruel & unimaginable crimes in those 10 days, and he deserves a "lifetime" penalty -- one in which he stops breathing permanently, as did his victim who had done nothing but be the daughter of a selfish and insecure and non-caring/non-loving mother.

here ends one more flippin' rant. please excuse... it's late...

If g-ma was so afraid of sharing her own house with JR then why in the world would she think a little 4yr old girl would be safe in a 13x15 foot shed? Add her own fear to hearing Teghan cry and JR nastily ordering her to stay away from the door and seeing the poo outside I just will never ever understand the grandparents unwillingness to do anything. Even if she thought HR was there she obviously had an idea of how JR treated people. I think the Sheriff or somebody there must be friends with the Creech people.

His grandma, the enabler, says she didn't want Teghan to be taken away, but in my opinion, she didn't want JR to get into trouble, so she buried her head in the sand. Chances are, she covered for him for other minor crimes through the years. So he likely thought grandma could get him out of this one.

Why wasn't HR in the courtroom to see that video, I wonder.

This makes me wish they still had public executions. I would travel the 500 miles to see it. (I can't believe I just said that).

His grandma, the enabler, says she didn't want Teghan to be taken away, but in my opinion, she didn't want JR to get into trouble, so she buried her head in the sand. Chances are, she covered for him for other minor crimes through the years. So he likely thought grandma could get him out of this one.

Why wasn't HR in the courtroom to see that video, I wonder.

This makes me wish they still had public executions. I would travel the 500 miles to see it. (I can't believe I just said that).

Oh you are so right!! I wonder if the Creech's realize the truth of what they did (or didn't do). I hope somewhere inside they're ashamed, but I doubt it.

As for HR not being in the courtroom to see the video, she just doesn't want to see what she put Teghan through. Still trying to convince herself that she's a victim too. Depraved, delusional and sickening. JMO.

I don't even have words for today's testimony or video. I tried to find out more about grandpa (WC) but there was little except his name on the search warrant with HCs. I find it interesting that he didn't testify. I wonder if he attended the trial?

The most I found out about them was in this old article:

Richardson's grandparents, Wade and Helen Creech, have lived in the Brogden community for decades. Their home on two-lane Old Sanders Road is well kept with cheerful garden ornaments and plantings. The building where Richardson had been staying is one of several tidy outbuildings on the property, which sits between soybean fields about 6 miles southeast of Smithfield.

Dennis Pollock has known the couple for the nearly 20 years he has been pastor of Tee's Chapel Free Will Baptist Church on Brogden Road. The Creeches attend a different church, he said, but he sees them often at a community store where people stop for breakfast biscuits and to catch up with neighbors.

"The only thing I can say is, I have a 4-year-old granddaughter, and if my daughter told me today that she was going to leave her in the Creeches' care, I'd be tickled to death," Pollock said.

"I hear people talk, saying, 'They should have known what was going on in their back yard.' I understand that. But we know people that, their teenagers down the hall were doing terrible things on the computer, and they didn't know about it.

"I know that the Creeches did not know that that child was being abused or they would have done something about it."

Read more here:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/21/590752/suspect-in-girls-death-i-lost.html

Wonder if that pastor still feels that way after the testimony? I wouldn't even leave a hamster in any of the monsters in this cases care much less a child.

I am so angry about this case but there is seemingly nothing we can do at the moment. I live in the area so any advice for what one could do I'd appreciate.

I live in Smithfield....well actually in Brogden.......15 mins from the Creech's. I'm going to put purple ribbons around Smithfield after the trial if you want to help? I'm also researching how we can get a law started here in NC....I want it to be called Teghan's law........If someone knows a child is living in unsafe envirnoments and doesn't report it shoule be a felony. I'm emailing Susan Doyle....DA. She is sitting in on this case. I also want to do a walk/run benefit fin Teghan's name for child abuse victims?

Oh you are so right!! I wonder if the Creech's realize the truth of what they did (or didn't do). I hope somewhere inside they're ashamed, but I doubt it.

As for HR not being in the courtroom to see the video, she just doesn't want to see what she put Teghan through. Still trying to convince herself that she's a victim too. Depraved, delusional and sickening. JMO.

Given my experience with enablers, I agree, I bet JR's family can not fathom their responsibility in what happened.

I wish HR would have put the needs of her child first on July 6, 2010, why oh why could she have not left Teghan with the Skibas, the only people who seemed to not only love her, but also able and willing to care for her?

I truly believe that JR will be convicted quickly, then we shall move on to case of HR!

I know full well this is the most difficult case (at least for me) I have ever come across. It is nauseating and infuriating to know there was a way out for Teghan but an adult had to take her there. Sadly, none of the adults had the gumption to do so and little Teghan suffered terribly for it.
That said, I would like to encourage those of you who are feeling so horrible that you want and/or need to distance yourselves to hang in there! We are rounding third and heading for home! I realize this case may dredge up memories among other things we harbor within ourselves, but for Teghans sake, hang on just a little longer. Hope I am not out of line, and forgive me if I offend. It is not intentional.

ITA, shgrbkr -- We must be there in support of Teghan and all those who suffer now, or have suffered or will suffer due to neglect, evil, and gross unfairness. Little folks don't have a chance by themselves -- grownups and caring and knowing friends & family members must stand up and act and talk and pray and be in their corners until it stops.

Go get 'em, prosecutors, bring justice for Teghan and all those she represents.

I'm also emailing Sheriff Steve Bizzell and want some explanations about why the Creech's were not charged? Any suggestions to him would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also emailing Sheriff Steve Bizzell and want some explanations about why the Creech's were not charged? Any suggestions to him would be greatly appreciated.
Please quote Albert Einstein?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. (Albert Einstein)

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 2m

No jury- now watching vid of #JonathanRichardson in interrogation rm talkng on phone to #HelenReyes.He's crying, sometimes hard to understnd

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m

1st #JonathanRichardson defense witness:Lead Detective Jamey Snipes.Barely got into questioning & had issue judge needs to rule on.Jury out.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 27m

#JonathanRichardson trial back. Defense just published to jury #HelenReyes' military family care plan that her mom would watch #TeghanSkiba

1. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m
    @starry7678 Yes. #JonathanRichardson def. started 2enter house pics last wk.Judge reminded it would forfeit their right 2go last for closing

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 10m
  2. @heathiebird03 #JonathanRichardson defense filed witness list w/clerk yesterday at 1:40pm. There are 71 potential witnesses.
  1. @MyMick @connieketchup @neelobo @octobermoon2 @Dustywoo #JonathanRichardson defense has witness not available until tomorrow.

1. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 13m
  2. #JonathanRichardson defense also published 2 jury pics of #HelenReyes' mom's home.When questioning HR, def asked if it had plumbing & bedrms
Please excuse the numbers -- I a very new twit.

ETA: Thank Goodness you're here, gxm, as you can see, I'm struggling!! (((gxm))) Sending you many hugs!!! And thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa