Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
They knew where the front half was within a short time but took them 2 years to find the back half with the black boxes! It wasn't very far from the other section but they still couldn't find it for a long time.

I think it was because the pinging device on the box failed. They had to manually search the bottom of the ocean for it.Sorry, i can't quote i heard this on CNN the other day.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

I thought it had to do with the ocean depth

When they resumed the search for Air France in April 2011(for the flight recorders and fuselage/tail section of the plane) they brought in autonomous underwater vehicles with sidescan sonar (just like the US Navy's Bluefin 21 will be used to locate MH370 once they narrow down the area)

They found the partial intact fuselage (with debris and bodies still trapped inside) at an ocean depth between 3,800m and 4,000m (12,500ft to 13,100ft) lying flat in a silty area of the ocean floor

Color me confused :confused:

If the intended target was Australia, God forbid, why was the flight arc in the opposite direction?
I too am hopeful that the crash site has been discovered.

I'm not positive, but I think the arc is the arc of the satellite tracking system, not the actual flight path.

I think the satellite pings/handshakes were tracked according to the satellite arcs, and their distance from those arcs ... if that makes sense.

ETA: I think there are a few Aussies that are not real comfortable with the fact that a plane that was bound for Beijing apparently ended up in the approximate vicinity of our shores. Not super-close, but close enough, considering there are no other land masses around here.

I'm getting more and more of a feeling that the plane went into the water mostly intact and just sunk in. I don't even know if that's possible, but that's what I'm starting to think. It would have had to have glided down, piloted, to do that, though, from what I've read.

Of course, could be that the debris field is just in an area that hasn't been searched yet.

JMO.

BBM
I agree.
Air France crashed into the water intact. It went down fast into the ocean.

Though they knew where Air France went down, the partially intact fuselage and flight recorder boxes were not found until 2011 in an ocean depth between 3,800m and 4,000m (12,500ft and 13,100ft) using an autonomous underwater vehicle with sidescan sonar just like the US Navy's Bluefin 21

Ya know, at this point even when (and if) it's announced the plane or the black box, etc. are found, I'm not sure I'll completely believe it. I'm that confused.
But I do hope it's found soon for the sake of the families.

IF and still IF, this is the location of the plane - does anyone else think it looks like the plane was headed straight for Australia???

IMO it looks to me like the person piloting the plane put in some coordinates in Australia as the "end point" when setting up auto-pilot.

I have had this thought that's in the back of my mind - what if the intended target was somewhere along the coast of Australia....but perhaps for some reason or another, the plane used up more fuel than the person thought that it would. So therefore, the plane ran out of fuel before the intended action.

JMO.

But, but...did MH370 even have enough fuel to make it to Australia?

But, but...did MH370 even have enough fuel to make it to Australia?

That's a good point.

This is all very strange. I know I sound like a parrot I keep saying that every day, but it's true! No single part of it makes any sense.

I am looking at it in 2 ways - one hijacker and one pilot-suicide. And this location makes no sense in either scnerio.

JMO.

It has been a month since the plane crashed, and obviously any floating debris from the plane would likely be far away from the crash site by now, I wonder if they have ways to predict ocean currents well enough to tell where the debris would be by now?

I'm not positive, but I think the arc is the arc of the satellite tracking system, not the actual flight path.

I think the satellite pings/handshakes were tracked according to the satellite arcs, and their distance from those arcs ... if that makes sense.

ETA: I think there are a few Aussies that are not real comfortable with the fact that a plane that was bound for Beijing apparently ended up in the approximate vicinity of our shores. Not super-close, but close enough, considering there are no other land masses around here.

Thnx for clearing that up for me. I've been up all night with the Pistorius trial and I really need to sleep. :cool:

That's a good point.

This is all very strange. I know I sound like a parrot I keep saying that every day, but it's true! No single part of it makes any sense.

I am looking at it in 2 ways - one hijacker and one pilot-suicide. And this location makes no sense in either scenario.

JMO.

you're right..no part of this makes sense

from March 17:

The missing Malaysia Airlines passenger jet was more likely to have travelled along a southern course near Australia, and should have been picked up by Australia's Jindalee radar network if it did so, a leading surveillance analyst said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ays-analyst-20140317-hvjjw.html#ixzz2yDWK4int

Seeing how close it may be to Australia, it was only a matter of time before that question was asked...
When Vietnam told Malaysia the plane was missing no one knew where it was, they believed, at first it crashed in the gulf of thailand..who knew where it had flown..north, south, west?
It seems this plane was outside the reach of the military radars of a few nations

I went to look up the Jindalee radar network

It has a range of 3,000KM (how far is the Ping signal from shore? would it fall under Radar2?
It is an over-the-horizon radar network

300px-JORS.svg.png

It looks to me like a suicide mission with a flair for the challenge of the whole event being undiscoverable forever. I really hope that we have dashed that dream for the perpetrator. I understand suicide, but I will never understand the cruelty of taking other lives in the process. SAD JMO JMO

It looks to me like a suicide mission with a flair for the challenge of the whole event being undiscoverable forever. I really hope that we have dashed that dream for the perpetrator. I understand suicide, but I will never understand the cruelty of taking other lives in the process. SAD JMO JMO

Me neither. It is incredibly selfish if this was a suicide/murder mission.

Why do we always hear about people taking out others along with themselves. Those passengers didn't sign up for anything like this.

I am hoping it turns out to be some sort of decompression incident that knocked everyone out but the fact there was no may-day call really makes it look like it is some kind of purposeful SELFISH mission.

I just hope they find the plane this time. It will be an incredible feat if they have finally located this plane.

If this is where the plane went down, I am thinking it did end up going in for a smooth landing on the water and just sunk with little debri. Unless all the debri floated away and is all in a certain area not spotted yet.

It seems the water pressure would have broken the plane apart on bottom even if a smooth belly flop landing. So you would think some things should have floated up and away from the area. Maybe someday they will find a lot of debri in another location.

To get the plane off the bottom if intact in large chunks, they will probably have to get those air bag type things under it to float the plane to the surface.

Seeing how close it may be to Australia, it was only a matter of time before that question was asked...
When Vietnam told Malaysia the plane was missing no one knew where it was, they believed, at first it crashed in the gulf of thailand..who knew where it had flown..north, south, west?
It seems this plane was outside the reach of the military radars of a few nations

I went to look up the Jindalee radar network

It has a range of 3,000KM (how far is the Ping signal from shore? would it fall under Radar2?
It is an over-the-horizon radar network

300px-JORS.svg.png

I would have thought Perth would have had some good radar to spot the plane the night it went down. It seems strange that Perth would not have seen it on some kind of radar.

For Radar #2 it seems the plane is on the very outer edge of that range of that one.

Been wondering if the hijacker/pilot/etc knew the depths in that area and was choosing for one of the deepest spots around there.

It has been a month since the plane crashed, and obviously any floating debris from the plane would likely be far away from the crash site by now, I wonder if they have ways to predict ocean currents well enough to tell where the debris would be by now?

I am thinking that since its been so long with so many storms etc in that area that whatever debris there was has sank or is now so disbursed and spread out that it would just be dumb-luck to find any now.

If this is where the plane went down, I am thinking it did end up going in for a smooth landing on the water and just sunk with little debri. Unless all the debri floated away and is all in a certain area not spotted yet.

It seems the water pressure would have broken the plane apart on bottom even if a smooth belly flop landing. So you would think some things should have floated up and away from the area. Maybe someday they will find a lot of debri in another location.

To get the plane off the bottom if intact in large chunks, they will probably have to get those air bag type things under it to float the plane to the surface.

I agree. I hope it IS intact(albeit, rather miraculously) because then we will know almost exactly what happened. If the passengers are all in seatbelts, it would likely mean that they died at the same time of hypoxia or fumes or smoke inhalation very early in the flight. (out on a limb here, but maybe...) JMO

From that depth, I doubt they would recover much of the plane. I think they would try to find the black boxes and see if they can solve the mystery from that. If not, then try to recover some of the plane. I wonder if they are able to recovery any bodies it they could determine a cause of death at this point.

And the wheels are now fully in motion to fly the relatives to Perth, maybe in the coming days. The Malaysians are compiling a list of the next of kin. Again, a demonstration of how seriously this news is being treated.

http://www.jackbristol.com/news/international-news/china-trying-to-scoop-malaysia-in-mh370-race/

You know, after the roller coaster emotions in this case and the back and forth of Hashumidden on even if the plane is lost (I remember this came about bc he met with family who essentially told him it was wrong to take away all hope so he didn't, sigh) this HUGE NEWS. It is close to miraculous if its the black boxes and all signs are that it is

A plane disappearing completely with no clues as to what happened or where except a maritime search company used traditonal math to work out a groundbreaking new method of tracking the plane to the south indian ocean whereupon others and inmarsat have refined it to locating the signals in thousands of square miles of ocean when it only has a 5 km radius under perfect conditions.

They not only seemed to have found the haystack but the needle too. And literally in its last days as far as the pinger goes. Its past its due date already.

I realize everything has to be "if" until they have the image of the boxes or wreckage on hand but the Australian government seems pretty sure.

We have followed faithfully every up and down in this story for 4 weeks and finally it seems to have real news that will lead to a recovery (it may take a long time though).

Yet the news, even cnn, seems hesitant lol, so do we. I ran to this thread after hearing the news conference last night. I was surprised at so little activity. At least i got to see hastily woken up experts last night, all looking like they had jammies on under their clothes

Its a sad ending or partial ending to a story but its great news in that some answers will be forthcoming. at least where the families can go and put out a flower into the ocean etc.

IF and still IF, this is the location of the plane - does anyone else think it looks like the plane was headed straight for Australia???

IMO it looks to me like the person piloting the plane put in some coordinates in Australia as the "end point" when setting up auto-pilot.

I have had this thought that's in the back of my mind - what if the intended target was somewhere along the coast of Australia....but perhaps for some reason or another, the plane used up more fuel than the person thought that it would. So therefore, the plane ran out of fuel before the intended action.

JMO.

Makes me wonder if the pilot had mini stroke. Co pilot could have taken over but there are times when a person is having TIA's (mini strokes) that they become confused and irrational. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa