The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 4m
Anne Swalwell is now on stand wearing a yellow flower on her shirt. Allison taught her daughter ballet. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 3m

Anne Louise Swalwell on G #badenclay: "He was always very nice to me." They were on Brookfield P&C together. @abcnews

12:53pm: Mrs Christ said she was aware that Mrs Baden-Clay had suffered depression after the birth of her first daughter.

"She struggled with depression," Mrs Christ said.

Mrs Christ said Mrs Baden-Clay was concerned about the impact of her anxiety on her children.

"She was concerned she had created anxiety in them," she said.

The court heard Mrs Baden-Clay spent a lot of time on the couch after the birth of her first child.

"Gerard stayed at home for quite a long period to be there and support Allison," Mrs Christ said.

In late 2011, Mrs Baden-Clay was due to drive her eldest daughters to a school camp about 40 minutes from their Brookfield home.But Mrs Baden-Clay called Mrs Christ days before the camp saying she could not drive because she was taking anti-depressants which were making her feel nauseous and

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-2-week-1-20140611-39wcd.html#ixzz34INXO0Ya

I think a lot of women can attest to going through much the same experience as Allison in regards to the pressures of life with kids.

She doesn't sound like she was crippled by any depression or anxiety though and she was still very active in the community and working. She is a strong woman who was doing a great job!!

Very true!! In my experience with depression. When you are in the dark place you struggle to leave the house. Never mind organising work trips, sleep overs and bake sales

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
Ms Swalwell has been excused. We're breaking for lunch. Back at 2.30pm. #badenclay

Very true!! In my experience with depression. When you are in the dark place you struggle to leave the house. Never mind organising work trips, sleep overs and bake sales

And going to any trouble with your hair!

I don't find it alarming that GBC was so nice to these women. It seems he is overly nice to all women..except his wife !!!

A big thank you to all those of you giving twitter and news updates. Very much appreciated. :)

Alioop or other can maybe explain random ordering of witnesses today? Scientific followed by defence- friendly witnesses?

I don't know if it's because I think he did it but he has evil eyes. It could be just this picture though

I think it's because he's trying so damn hard to suck his gut in for the photo. It's a REAL strain! :floorlaugh:

The jumper being wrapped around her head inside out with her hands still in the sleeves suggests to me that it was pulled over her head by GBC, to stop her from scratching him again, possibly..? So if this was the case, and she had foliage in her hair, perhaps there was a struggle outside of the house..? Milne says if it was a bruise, it would have been a blunt force injury of mild force. He says it was left front of chest, about 5cm in size.
The 5cm bruise to her chest, that would be about the size of a fist. Did he punch her in the chest??

And to him wearing his wedding ring, and wearing a yellow tie. He is claiming that he is not guilty. He believes that he will be found not guilty, and in doing so, he is then eligible for the payout of Allison's insurance policies. :(

I feel sick in the stomach that the police + forensic experts can't find a cause of death as a result of murder... GBC must be smirking to himself on the inside.

Thanks for the tweeting guys :)
I have a bad feeling there will be reasonable doubt. But I haven't really read much about this case before so I don't really know what other evidence they have

I guess defense is going to go with the suicide and caterpillar scratches argument, judging by the witnesses who are friends with GBC.

1:05pm Wrap: The court has heard ...

* Forensic pathologist Dr Nathan Milne could not determine the cause of Mrs Baden-Clay's death
*There were no obvious injuries on Mrs Baden-Clay's body to suggest she had fallen to her death from the Kholo Creek bridge
*Mrs Baden-Clay suffered depression after the birth of her first daughter and had been prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft
* The level of Zoloft in her system was above the recommended therapeutic level. But the level of the drug may have been elevated due to the process of decomposition.
* Mrs Baden-Clay appeared "fine and happy" on the day she disappeared. She dropped her three daughters at school and discussed volunteering at the Mothers' Day stall the next month.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-2-week-1-20140611-39wcd.html#ixzz34IRRq9V6

12.55pm: The eight witness is Anne Louise Swalwell, who knew Gerard Baden-Clay through the Brookfield State Primary School P & C in 2010.

She said she met Allison Baden-Clay around October or November, 2011.

``At that stage she was teaching my daughter some jazz ballet at school,’’ Ms Swalwell said.

Ms Swalwell said she had friendly ``banter’’ with Ms Baden-Clay for around five or 10 minutes on April 19, 2011.

``She seemed happy that morning, actually, she was very happy,’’ she said.

In cross-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, she agreed the accused, who was the deputy president of the P&C, was ``always very nice to me’’.

She said her daughter called Ms Baden-Clay, ``Ms Allison’’.

The trial will resume at 2.30pm.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226950152264

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo