The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks bikerchick..I was wondering about that as with all the discussion relating to the bus shelters ( I never knew which one anyone was referring to as there are 3 in that immediate area) but now knowing the camera also faces that way I'm confident they have footage showing all 3.

Westie, the position of the camera seems to change every few days or every week. Last week it was facing the bus stop near Coles, this week it is facing up towards Kenmore State School. I keep looking at it as I'm driving to work and home.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s

Prof Wells was sent photos and reports from various doctors #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Prof Wells says he was sent a number of photographs and reports from doctors on Gerard's injuries. #badenclay

It's quite funny listening to him change the subject when asked about the scratches. He says he cut himself shaving then starts telling this elaborate story about owning a real estate business, blah blah blah.......totally going off track....how does it have anything to do with shaving?

He's endeavouring to build his status with the interviewer by telling her how important he is.

It's quite funny listening to him change the subject when asked about the scratches. He says he cut himself shaving then starts telling this elaborate story about owning a real estate business, blah blah blah.......totally going off track....how does it have anything to do with shaving?

Too much information yet again Mr BC! Cracked me up how he says at 21 seconds 'we own a real estate agency' and the cop says 'mmmmmm?' in a tone that implies 'your point?' :floorlaugh:

EDIT: oops, snap Oddsocks, didn't read your post!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s

The court is again being shown photographs of the injuries on Gerard's face. #badenclay

Prof Wells has described them as "linear abrasions". #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday7

Didn't we leave off yesterday with the jury half way through listening to a recording? Or was it evidence about the blood/car? I feel like we were supposed to pick up where they left off but instead it went on to more witnesses....am I getting confused?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 31s

Prof Wells describes the most pronounced injuries on Gerard's face as irregular, interrupted, broad, close to parallel #badenclay

Wow Unfolding that is confusing. Allison texted Kerry about dropping the ballgowns off after the conference.
I remember one of the girls saying along the lines of. Mum opened the door to greet us when we got home.
Im confused now as well :banghead:

The girl said she had dinner at her grandmother’s the night before and was picked up by her father. She said her mother opened the door when they arrived back home.

“I did some homework and she helped me. Then we went to bed,” she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226950152264

Didn't we leave off yesterday with the jury half way through listening to a recording? Or was it evidence about the blood/car? I feel like we were supposed to pick up where they left off but instead it went on to more witnesses....am I getting confused?

I think it was the photos taken later of his skin where the beard had grown...and was then shaved off.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s

Prof Wells says the injuries are due to a form of blunt trauma where an object has come into forceful contact with skin and lifted a layer.

Prof Wells says the object would not have been smooth. It would have had some irregularity. #badenclay

Prof Wells says implements such as fingernails, or a claw from a domestic animal would fulfil the type and arrangement of injury.

The court is being shown a photograph of a disposable razor. #badenclay

Prof Wells says he can't reconcile that type of razor producing such an injury. #badenclay

Prof Wells: "I can't see a mechanism whereby that blade could ... cause those sorts of injuries in normal use." #badenclay

He waffles on an awful lot, is very very calm and in control. I am looking forward to the female officers testimony (unless I've missed it)

In the one about the scratches I love the bit about 20seconds in "blah blah blah we own a real estate agency... "
Female voice "mmmmm" like get on with it FFs, get over yourself, you aren't fooling anyone.

Yeah that was a bit verbose. "Allison was going to a conference this morning and I had to get the girls ready and to school" would have probably sufficed?

for Amee, if you are reading.. thanks for your reply last thread(can't quote as its closed)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth
'Lots of discussion about how long the haircut took and the time Allison left the hairdressers and arrived home. I am certain it was said in the first couple of days of the trial that she met a friend(not sure who) for quick dinner after the hairdressers. I'm really sorry I don't have a link to that right now- throbbing headache and needing to get some sleep.'

your reply...'Ms Mollah said Ms Baden-Clay texted her on April 15, 2012 asking whether she could meet her for dinner on April 20, 2012.

She said she could not make the appointment but texted to try and arrange a different time, which went unanswered.'

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/0/fi11726703.htm

I'm a bit confused now, as I was referring to this post from day 1 of trial. So now not sure whether she did or did not have dinner...

Makara's post(trial day 1)
'2:46pm Marissa Calligeros: Mr Fuller is now detailing the events in the Baden-Clay household on the day Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.

He said the Thursday on which Mrs Baden-Clay was last seen was not unlike any other for the Brookfield family: he Baden-Clay's daughters had attended their school's cross-country carnival; Mrs Baden-Clay had been to a meeting at the couple's real estate agency and then to the hairdressers at 4pm; she then had dinner with her friend Kerrie-Anne Walker, while Mr Baden-Clay had dinner with his daughters and his parents and sister.

Once back home later that evening, Mr and Mrs Baden-Clay put their children to bed between 6.30pm and 7pm.

Mr Baden-Clay said he went to bed about 10pm, leaving his wife watching television in their living room.

He told police he woke the next morning on April 20 to find his wife missing.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz34D2nnlwB'

The dinner with Ms Mollah mustn't have happened, Allison was caught up at hairdressers. She must have gone home, there just wasn't enough time, and Ms Mollah says she had dinner with Allison 3 weeks before she went missing. GBC and girls were at his parents for dinner. jmo

Ms Mollah said Allison had texted her on April 15 asking to have dinner after the real estate conference in the city on April 20.

She said she replied saying she could not but suggested the Saturday without response.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 44s

Prof Wells says fingernails or animal claw could cause the injury. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Can't see how the razor could cause the injuries in normal use - Prof Wells #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Prof Wells says below the abrasions there seems to be some fine linear marks. Conceivably those could have been caused by a razor.

Prof Wells says below the abrasions there seems to be some fine linear marks. Conceivably those could have been caused by a razor.

Wow Unfolding that is confusing. Allison texted Kerry about dropping the ballgowns off after the conference.
I remember one of the girls saying along the lines of. Mum opened the door to greet us when we got home.
Im confused now as well :banghead:

My thoughts are that someone (prosecutor? Media reporting it?) made a mistake saying she had dinner with Kerrianne that night (Thursday 19th). She exchanged texts with her, but I have never heard of them having dinner together that night in any other material about this case.

In fact, in her testimony which I saw on Monday, Kerianne said the last time she physically saw Allison was in Feb when Allison borrowed the dresses for that real estate event - she only spoke on phone or texted her after that.

Wendy Mollah (a different friend) was asked to have dinner with Allison on Friday 20th, but couldn't make it.

If I recall correctly (and keep in mind that since I had children, my brain is essentially mush), the property was acquired by Allison before their marriage, and was held as an asset by their company. As director of the company, Gerard was able to sell the house and transfer the cash to himself. The Dickies must have gotten wind of his plans to sell or something, so they applied to have him removed as director of the company. A quickie sale was rushed through mere hours before the courts removed him as director of the company.

If I've gotten anything factually wrong there or messed up the terminology, blame it on the brain mush, but that's how I remember the deal unfolding.

What a :rage: he is!

I have to say that @KateKyriacou is a master tweeter.... her fingers must be typing superfast. She is doing such a great job:loveyou:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 31s

Prof Wells describes the most pronounced injuries on Gerard's face as irregular, interrupted, broad, close to parallel #badenclay

If I recall correctly (and keep in mind that since I had children, my brain is essentially mush), the property was acquired by Allison before their marriage, and was held as an asset by their company. As director of the company, Gerard was able to sell the house and transfer the cash to himself. The Dickies must have gotten wind of his plans to sell or something, so they applied to have him removed as director of the company. A quickie sale was rushed through mere hours before the courts removed him as director of the company.

If I've gotten anything factually wrong there or messed up the terminology, blame it on the brain mush, but that's how I remember the deal unfolding.

That sounds right. The Dickies saw it advertised for auction, it never went to auction though.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m

Prof Wells says injuries from shaving are more likely to occur at skin protuberances, pimples, moles. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday7

Prof Wells is describing the difference between cuts (straight) and abrasions (raggedy). #badenclay

Prof Wells says it's an "unusual site" to be getting a shaving injury. #badenclay

Prof Wells says they are wide areas of abrasion. A razor will produce fine marks. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo