GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if they want to return to a place to look for something else specific they get another SW for that

The witness never used the words rigormortis or even stiff.
It was derived from his comment of the position the child was in on the ground being that of a shape of the carseat.

The witness stated the child appeared to be in an "unnatural" position with his legs in the air as if he was still seated in the car seat, although he had been placed on the ground. His was not supine, indicating an unnatural stiffness to his limbs.

Sounds a lot like "Rigor" to me.

Also, another person stated that the witness said the child appeared sweaty and tired. That is not the case. The witness stated the child looked as if he had been in a swimming pool, wet, (obviously from sweat) and was blue/ grey complexion. There was nothing about "tired". The implications were that Cooper looked dead.

I remember it being said that Justin called up his wife on his cell phone and told her that Cooper was dead. Now, if I thought this was an accident, I would say that he was just overcome w/ emotion, but since this definitely seems premeditated, does anyone else think that the call was to further hurt Mom?

I think it would happen mostly to people without ADHD. People with ADHD have things cross their minds all the time - like a thought storm. If they forget in 4 minutes, it crosses their mind in another 15 minutes so no harm done- the child would be rescued safe and sound.

In my experience, this happens to people who have really great focus. They can switch focus and then the thought of daycare never crosses their mind for hours.

I don't disagree for the most part. For me its always a source of anxiety in a way because I feel like or assume I could easily do something like this because I'm ADHD. As a result when it comes to caring for my animals and children I'm hyper alert so it prob wouldn't. That said not everyone isn't self aware and busy or overwhelmed people can easily have lapse in memory and never realize they forgot something as big as dropping their kid off. After reading the piece in the Washington Post and the kidsand cars site I think you are right in saying most times its people who are typically well focused but something breaks there routine. Because they have always been able to rely on their memory it never crosses their mind they didn't do something so important.

The witness stated the child appeared to be in an "unnatural" position with his legs in the air as if he was still seated in the car seat, although he had been placed on the ground. His was not supine, indicating an unnatural stiffness to his limbs.

Also, another person stated that the witness said the child appeared sweaty and tired. That is not the case. The witness stated the child looked as if he had been in a swimming pool, wet, (obviously from sweat) and was blue/ grey complexion. There was nothing about "tired". The implications were that Cooper looked dead.

I would never, as a witness, describe a body as being in rigor. I would describe what I saw, which is what the witness did. They described a stiff, deceased body. The wetness still has me confused, since the sweating would have stopped for hours. There is no natural way for he child to have been wet. I wonder if they found an empty water bottle in the car.

I remember it being said that Justin called up his wife on his cell phone and told her that Cooper was dead. Now, if I thought this was an accident, I would say that he was just overcome w/ emotion, but since this definitely seems premeditated, does anyone else think that the call was to further hurt Mom?

Has there been a consensus on that call? I have seen in articles saying the police told him to call, and in others that he asked to call. If he asked, I do think there is something else behind the call.

Your post is a combo of all the witness statements mixed together.

In The post you quoted of mine I was referring to Dale Hamilton who mentioned the position of the carseat comment. I had forgotten about the other witness ( bartender) who referenced the blue/gray color and unnatural description of legs up in air. Another witness mentioned sweaty and tired looking. I think that was also the bartender and a third said he looked wet like he had been in a pool.

My understanding is that officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened!"

My understanding is that officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened"

There was no coaching and I have not read a single article saying or even suggesting such. You have twisted that situation incredibly

There was no coaching and I have not read a single article saying or even suggesting such. You have twisted that situation incredibly

"'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html

My understanding is that officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened!"

I heard roughly the same thing on CNN during an interview of a witness at the scene. He was relaying the conversation he overheard. The witness even admitted to missing part of it ...only recounted what he heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html

That is so not what you said.

officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened!"

That is so not what you said.

It is what I said... It was paraphrased, but to a tee.

My quote: "My understanding is that officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened!" "

Witness quote: ""'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him.""

How on earth is telling to tell his wife what is going on, coaching. Coaching is actively telling the person what to say and how to say it. Again, why would you choose to twist that?

How on earth is telling to tell his wife what is going on, coaching. Coaching is actively telling the person what to say and how to say it. Again, why would you choose to twist that?

"Coach" also means to encourage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads