The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are witnesses who could counter Gerard's claims that he indeed had no sex with Allison for some years, and on other things as well. May be friends or doctors could provide something like Allison's own words on her sex life or prescriptions for the pill from GP? If one false claim is exposed then it will be easier for the jury to disbelieve him.
Anyway, the prosecution looks disappointing. The had 2 years to prepare but their case still does not look very solid. IMHO

Really? Interesting to hear your point of view. I think the prosecution, in particular the last couple of days have been gold. I think they have let GBC basically tie himself up, contradict himself, show himself for who he is very well AND he himself has in doing so, countered some of his earlier claims. Now I know that doesn't exactly 'prove' GBC murdered his wife. But a picture is being painted- of lies and deceit..over many years. A pattern of behaviour- coupled with the experts tesimony regarding the Autopsy, Allisons emotional health at the time, the scratches on GBC's face, the leaves in her hair. It is all circumstantial.. but put all together circumstancial evidence can become very compelling evidence. Many cases do in fact rely on circumstancial evidence- this is certainly not the first. Many have also been convicted on it also. I have yet to see a plausable explanation from the defence as to what may have happened to Allison otherwise.

In regards to the no sex with Allison claim, I believe the fact they had 2 kids in that time does kind of counter the claim. The pill doesn't really offer proof either- as it can be taken for things other than contraception.

So how do they stop the jury from media stuff over the next 4 days?

Good question! It's more the social media stuff that would be an issue IMO. Mainstream media are usually pretty aware of what they can legally publish. Plus, it's easy enough to avoid watching the news or reading the papers for a few days. But it's not so easy to avoid social media when it has become such a huge part of our daily lives - and most social media users are unaware of what might be considered prejudicial. IMO.

Allison was feeling better even by BC testimony.

She was spending a bit more time with trusted girlfriends talking...
And agrees with what they tell her:

She has skills, education (GBC's not paying her to work (!) or parent & there's no love or loyalty from him)
She CAN make money
She and the girls do have somewhere to go
She's tried everything else... Counsellors advice isn't changing what he gets up to

She's thinking, thinking, thinking (not WATCHING the footy show) jmo...
I'm too intelligent to stick at something that doesn't work, that I can't fix

(And maybe: looks at the phone and sees one item she'd missed...)

Enough.

Calls him out - calmly (let's go with GBC on this one) and in her non-confrontational way... finally decides her and the kids are taking up Mrs Dickie's suggestion to move in with them on the Gold Coast.

Allison begins demonstrating to GBC standing there aghast that she's serious by packing the girls toys that are near the car anyway (she's not going to be dramatic and wake the girls by turning on their lights and packing their suitcases)

GBC worst nightmare (he LIED TO HER FOR 9 YEARS TO AVOID THIS!)

HE SNAPS!

jmo

It's official: I just fell (SWAN DIVED) off the fence!

That sounds about right to me Consider.

Now having heard from GBC, NBC and OW.
The timing from about 5.00pm on the 19th April is not much clearer.
* GBC recollects that the girls had a swim at his parents. NBC agreed.
* Calls received from Toni
*A relatively short dinner/BBQ had while Allison at the hairdresser.
*GBC and the girls left Kenmore residence at 7.00 to 7.30 pm OR 6.00 to 6.30 pm depending who you want to believe NBC or GBC.
*Allison opened the door when GBC and the girls arrived dressed in her checked pj's and hiking socks.
* GBC handed over his phone as per Allison's conditions
* They did not bother with baths and that various stuff as the girls had been swimming.
* Allison and GBC put the girls to bed together but he goes in last because the girls settle better that way.
* GBC changed into his boxers, t-shirt and joggers.
* Daughter came out for a glass of water and Allison is on the lounge. GBC coming up from garage, he is going to do the ironing.
* GBC given back phone to check incoming e-mails. must have taken this opportunity to send group texts. (staff morale)
* He gives the phone back as this is the condition.
* Allison phoned OW at 8.28pm she spoke softly because the girls were not settled yet. OW herself had just arrived home from dinner.
* Text received from Kerri Ann - no reply by Allison.
* GBC and Allison washed the lunch boxes together.
* Chatted about their day and shared the cross country photo's. I guess he had finished the ironing.
* Allison's phone pings to Kenmore Tower at 8.57pm
* GBC feeling unwell headed of to bed at about 10pm
* Allison watching the footy show.
* Phone on charge at 1.48am 20 April.

I am thinking that Allison did open the door in her PJs and hiking socks.
Tucked the girls into bed.
Made the lunches given she had an early start.
Went to bed.
GBC on the other hand was sitting and waiting for the moment.

What I find fascinating in this whole case is never once have I heard GBC or his family come out and state that they wanted to know who had done this to Allison. Doesn't it seem strange that if the woman you supposedly loved was murdered in this way that you would move heaven and earth to find out who did it. Yet I can't recall ever hearing anyone ask that question. And if they truly believed that she had suicided, why they didn't immediately tell the police that.

And why wouldn't you call her friends first off before ringing the police?

Or call her parents to see if they had heard from her?

All the unanswered questions say a lot more to me than the answered ones.

*GBC and the girls left Kenmore residence at 7.00 to 7.30 pm OR 6.00 to 6.30 pm depending who you want to believe NBC or GBC.
*Allison opened the door when GBC and the girls arrived dressed in her checked pj's and hiking socks.
* They did not bother with baths and that various stuff as the girls had been swimming.
* Allison and GBC put the girls to bed together but he goes in last because the girls settle better that way.
* Daughter came out for a glass of water and Allison is on the lounge. GBC coming up from garage, he is going to do the ironing.
* GBC given back phone to check incoming e-mails. must have taken this opportunity to send group texts. (staff morale)
* Allison phoned OW at 8.28pm she spoke softly because the girls were not settled yet. OW herself had just arrived home from dinner.
* Chatted about their day and shared the cross country photo's. I guess he had finished the ironing.

Went to bed.
GBC on the other hand was sitting and waiting for the moment.

Except GBC stated that he was making the lunches in the morning and then handed that task over to NBC. As someone pointed out, the lunch making seemed like a mammoth task for these two.

Went to bed.
GBC on the other hand was sitting and waiting for the moment

Listening to the prosecution today suggesting he smothered her, I am beginning to wonder along similar lines. Did she in fact go to bed and he has tried to smother her? She woke and put up a struggle, scratching him and causing the other injuries. He then dragged her outside to the car, collecting the leaves in her hair as he did so, and maybe causing her jumper to pull up around her head as it was when Allisons body was discovered.

You know, I was just thinking about the kids toys being sent off to charity. Nothing unusual in that, but I'm just wondering about the timing.

If Allison was starting to think she'd had enough, and was secretly planning/considering divorce, starting to organise things like that would be an early move to make - getting rid of excess things around the house in anticipation of a move.

All the evidence points that way. And don't forget that GBC's school friend lenders were much more comfortable with the investment when she rejoined the business. Who's to say how things might have gone in a divorce and property settlement scenario? Possibly not in GBC's favour?

Listening to the prosecution today suggesting he smothered her, I am beginning to wonder along similar lines. Did she in fact go to bed and he has tried to smother her? She woke and put up a struggle, scratching him and causing the other injuries. He then dragged her outside to the car, collecting the leaves in her hair as he did so, and maybe causing her jumper to pull up around her head as it was when Allisons body was discovered.
I have been saying that for a while now.....my original thought when she was found was either strangled or smothered given no noise......

Except GBC stated that he was making the lunches in the morning and then handed that task over to NBC. As someone pointed out, the lunch making seemed like a mammoth task for these two.

Yes he did. but I don't believe him.

Lordy I'm glad they rested when they did... I forgot a 2pm hospital appointment. I made it 10 mins late, but I'm still sitting here waiting to be seen. Lucky I could catch up. That news alert nearly gave me a heart attack so I'm glad I'm in the right place.

Do we have murder degrees in qld?

I wonder if there are witnesses who could counter Gerard's claims that he indeed had no sex with Allison for some years, and on other things as well. May be friends or doctors could provide something like Allison's own words on her sex life or prescriptions for the pill from GP? If one false claim is exposed then it will be easier for the jury to disbelieve him.
Anyway, the prosecution looks disappointing. The had 2 years to prepare but their case still does not look very solid. IMHO

What? Like the DNA of his youngest two children!

Guilty! even before we hear the prosecution summary. I was biased I admit but not a single doubt raised for one single piece of circumstance.

kind of odd that Gerard would say he never thought about the implications should ' he and Alison determine to divorce '. ( implying that it would be a joint decision, like as if no one would think of divorcing Gerard without his say-so) , yet one of his main claims to dear old Toni was that he couldn't afford to get divorced, implying he'd thought a lot about the implications financially of that occurring..

gerard is so bent, he has to put his pants on with a corkscrew..

:floorlaugh:I thought so.. but you know just checking..
My keys never made it into any bowl or anyone elses hands..just to be clear. :)
Hahaha......we need all Brisbanite WS members to meet at a Maccas Cafe to dissect the whole case after the verdict guys! Would love to hear about the BROOKIE BALL.... LOL

guilty, . beyond doubt.. not a shadow of a doubt.. and guilty of interfering with her corpse, by sheer application of logic. . guilty of one, guilty of the other.. .. no question.

not one mitigating factor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members