The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've posted similar earlier.
However, was it made clear here by someone that the colour of the screen dot was not indicating the missing phone but rather GBCs phone? This was mentioned, I wasn't clear if that had been confirmed
I don't think the triangulation they are talking about has anything to do with the find my phone app blue dot.

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think Todd is suggesting that GBC disposed of Allison's phone on his trip to "look for her" . The roads he said he drove on just happen to be the perimeters of the area that the police triangulated her phone to until the battery died and this may not be a co incidence.

I think so too.

I don't think Todd has mentioned that Allison was a couple of days before the 19 th trying to reduce her life insurance. This can go on the list I am making.
Also maybe the pyjamas, I don't think he said today they were not found or has he?

I don't believe the pyjamas were mentioned today, so maybe they are for tomorrow's list - I am wondering if this could be in the context of some mention of a "clean-up" (as perceived by Mrs Dickie) and any other missing items?

Thanks for saying that. It was my thought too that it was implied that he used that drive to dispose of the phone.

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think Todd is suggesting that GBC disposed of Allison's phone on his trip to "look for her" . The roads he said he drove on just happen to be the perimeters of the area that the police triangulated her phone to until the battery died and this may not be a co incidence.

That was my interpretation too.

Also, I didn't quite follow (and think I missed something) in relation to what TF said today about the clothes Allison was wearing, and it seems no further mention of the pyjamas. Would be interested to hear what others made of today's comments about the clothes.

And he also made a point about taking the captiva and not his prado to search for Allison . I know he was trying to give the impression that GBC was disposing of the phone , but why mention this ,? I think it's been brought up a bit over the last couple of weeks and can't work out why .

R= Crown :)

*waves* Still catching up on the day's events. I had to go out and work today, for a change.

Missed you today BJ! Enjoy every moment of the catch-up, it is wonderful stuff. Long awaited!

They did search commercial bins around the area at the time

The thing that stands out about Todd Fullers argument. Nothing needs to be inflated, nothing needs to be embellished and nothing needs to be pre-prepared. It is simply the fact that a man (GBC) decided he needed an out in his relationship. Allison was the one trying to make sure the relationship continued. But....has Byrne addressed the fact that GBC and ABC were less than happy? Has Byrne identified what could make GBC stray away from Allison? NUP! So we have to assume that GBC was wanting to continue his life with Allison. At what cost?

Yes I thought this too Ali. Interesting.

Well the mood around here is a little different to this time yesterday. Ye of little faith some people! I knew today would be very different and it was amazing.

What do we think is left for spunky Todd to cover tomorrow? Thought we could make a bit of a list. I don't mean roundabouts, I mean stuff that has been presented as evidence.

Hmmm do you think he might go a bit further with the financial issues, loans to the three Cs, insurances etc? He did go there pretty well today though didn't he. Not sure what else he needs to cover, he was so thorough today. Perhaps just a final summary, a bit like the summary Byrne did this morning for the defence? I don't expect he will take long in the morning.

Can I just say that any questions that Todd Fuller leaves us - are fully answered. There is no doubt to the veracity of their influence in the case at hand.

Have been lurking for two years and finally joined this year.Wanted to thank all for court tweets and all the thought provoking conversations.:)

Sorry if already discussed today but just logged on.

Did I read earlier today the GBC was leaning back in his chair at some stage and was taking notes of Fuller's beautiful closing remarks? I haven't heard of him doing any of this during the trial. Either way, it is a bit late now to be taking notes isn't it? The bailiff should turn around and tell him not to waste his time, he will have 30 years to read the full transcript that is being produced by the court stenographer.

Hmmm do you think he might go a bit further with the financial issues, loans to the three Cs, insurances etc? He did go there pretty well today though didn't he. Not sure what else he needs to cover, he was so thorough today. Perhaps just a final summary, a bit like the summary Byrne did this morning for the defence? I don't expect he will take long in the morning.

Is tomorrow likely to see the Prosecution Team finish their summing up (in the morning), followed straight after by the judge directing the jury?

'Fuller says he instead reverses the Captiva out. The roads he takes are the perimeter of where police later triangulate her phone.'

Toddy boy... * smooch*
Toddy boy... * smooch to other cheek (from LB1) (Trooper got first smooch) heh heh!

Toddy boy... * supersmartstonecoldfox
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ultra perceptive talents.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ability to see things in their raw state.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Is henceforth from this day onwards, held in highest esteem by all normal Australians, and all websleuthers. Held in high esteem by people world wide.
Todd Fuller (aka supersmartstonecoldfox), shall henceforth go into the Annals of Australian history as one of the best!
Fuller QC faced a slippery crooked conniving cheating con-artist criminal adversary; and Fuller never once flinched. He faced him head on and he was not persuaded by extravagant tales of fancy or any red herrings, or travel extravaganza tales, or supposed references according to genealogical inferences.
No. Fuller cut through all the crap with his eyes firmly fixed upon the goal.
Fuller stuck to the subject, murder most foul.
Mr Todd Fuller, Sir, you have my utmost admiration. Thank you.

I don't think the triangulation they are talking about has anything to do with the find my phone app blue dot.

Ah, interesting. Looks like I've misled myself with that one.
I do agree though that Fullers comment was a strong suggestion that GBC had Allisons phone during that drive.

R= Crown :)

*waves* Still catching up on the day's events. I had to go out and work today, for a change.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I think it's r for referee - spraying the penalty line in the World Cup, and then they've added a cute bit to the end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my interpretation too.

Also, I didn't quite follow (and think I missed something) in relation to what TF said today about the clothes Allison was wearing, and it seems no further mention of the pyjamas. Would be interested to hear what others made of today's comments about the clothes.

Today at one point I thought Fuller was implying that Allison had changed into the clothes she was found in when she got home after the hairdresser? I'd wondered about that myself on and off - that maybe the details about checked pyjama pants etc. had been added to fit with his story about the early morning walk. I think I recall that one of Allison's daughters described the same pj outfit, but this could have been info planted and reinforced in the poor child's mind by the GBC & co. to fit as well. I always thought it strange that GBC saw fit to highlight the fact that she was specifically wearing blue hiking socks (his as it happens) in his description - possibly an example of that extraneous info he seems prone to adding at every opportunity, therefore also possibly untrue.
To me it makes sense that on the evening before she was reported missing, Allison could have been wearing those same comfy clothes she was found in - kind of loose, after work, dag around the house gear. I have no trouble believing that Allison could have owned those xl pants just because they were soft and comfy - I don't think it's rare for women to own a pair of 'fat pants'. The detail GBC went into describing the pyjamas, socks, etc, and the fact that Allison was on the couch watching the Footy Show of all things (establishing a timeline for himself) to me again is too much info = possibly the opposite of what was true.

They did search commercial bins around the area at the time

There are plenty of areas he could have disposed of the phone/any other items including bins. There is the Kholo creek, Brisbane River(that could have been done near Indooroopilly or the motorway near Kenmore Hills)the creek near Gold Creek Road(by the rest home), his neighbours pond etc etc. Then we have all the bush areas, not to mention mine sites or even near a house he has sold or was selling. The list is endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa