The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
a real estate publicity blog entitled Mr Mum!

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller tried to use the blog to discredit testimony Baden-Clay gave during his murder trial about his wife's mental health impairing her function.

"He's made some statements with respect to his wife's ability to cope, how he was involved in the household," he said.

Defence barrister Michael Byrne said the blog entry described one week in the life of the family, and Allison's state of poor mental health was not "a constant state of inability or incapacity, it was a fluctuating state of affairs which went up and down".

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/judge-excludes-blog-countering-baden-clay/2320680/

Just thought I'd mention that the 'Milat' book mentioned a few pages back by Clive Small is on Amazon Kindle at the moment for around $3. (On iBooks it's about $15). In case any one here wants to snap it up for cheap! :lookingitup:

Not sure if this has been clarified as I have not caught up on all the posts so sorry if it has. I was actually in the main courtroom the day the guilty verdict was handed down. I was seated directly behind GBC brother Adam. Yes GBC mother left pretty much straight after the verdict was handed down but GBC father, Olivia and Adam remained until after GBC was led from the court room at which time Adam lent over the rail in front of him to call out "love ya mate" to GBC. Olivia then said to father not to leave the court yet. Wait here. Wait here. Until everyone leaves. I could also see Olivia's reflection in the glass paneling in front of her (behind GBC in the dock). Throughout the whole experience, handing down of verdict, GBC struggling to breathe (which to me was that he wanted to leave the courtroom and not listen to the impact statements being read) and shaking uncontrollably Olivia did not shed one tear or change her expression. Her eyes just darted between GBC and looking straight ahead. Another thing that did concern me was when the guilty verdict had been delivered GBC father did slump in his chair and age about 20 years IMOO but from where I sat I could see that his breathing escalated and it was visually obvious. He was taking very quick deep breaths I was concerned he may have a heart attack or something. He also remained expressionless. I managed to congratulate the detectives while leaving the courtroom for their wonderful work and successful conviction. Also congratulated The wonderful Todd Fuller and agave Mrs Dickie a big hug. She is a very strong, amazing woman and an inspiration to all. Allison will can RIP knowing that her beautiful girls and being cared for and raised by her loving and devoted Mother and Father.

Miash - a very big thankyou for the clarification on what happened after the verdict in Court.
I had the impression that the Father and Sister had left the Court room before GBC had left to go to the holding cells.
I knew that the Mother had left before the impact statements were read out.
I need to go and change my thread - if marlywings will help with that.

Rather have the right info in here so as not to cloud what actually happened on that day.
Much appreciated.

After Sunday night she's going to be about as attractive as a used condom on the beach (to employers), I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking this, but is Sunday a publicity stunt leading up to a book ? Dunno, dunno, dunno - makes no sense.

Maybe her infamy with attract clients???

Very well written unfolding, I have always enjoyed your posts.

Even if she did this to clear her name somewhat, she could have written an article or even just a letter to the editor in the Courier mail. No pictures, no TV story, no payment. I did feel somewhat sorry for her occasionally but I think she's blown that for most people now.

She doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes very easily. Silly girl. The place she lives is very small compared to Brisbane, she would be easily,easily recognizable wherever she goes.

Moo

Hi Curious, thanks for those words..I am not always sure I express myself too well in my comments, lol.

I agree, at first I also thought maybe she really did feel a need to put her side forward- she has also been vilified and I can understand alot of people feeling the way they have. As I said I don't for one minute excuse what she did, but at the same time I could also have a little empathy that she probably never expected things to end as they did and that she made some very poor choices that landed her in the position she found herself in. But yes, after reading about the payment for the interview, it just leaves a bad taste for me. And makes the whole name change thing seem redundant. (could 60 mins not have blurred her face even?)

News Talk 4BC 1116 ‏@NewsTalk4BC 1m

#badenclay appeal was mostly on the grounds of the conduct of the judge says Justin Quill at Kelly Hazel Quill Lawers.

Oh so its the Judges fault now :banghead:

Because murder is the charge, not the verdict ...

Guilty as charged ! I get it now (I think...)

PS Marly thank you for whatever you did. I was able to edit ! :D

Of course the <modsnip> is appealing...miscarriage of justice...please!

If he gets off on a technicality I will be disgusted...utterly disgusted. I really doubt the appeal will work to be honest...but stranger things have happened.

News Talk 4BC 1116 &#8207;@NewsTalk4BC 1m

#badenclay appeal was mostly on the grounds of the conduct of the judge says Justin Quill at Kelly Hazel Quill Lawers.

Oh so its the Judges fault now :banghead:

YES !!!!! Of course, first it was the caterpillar now it's the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get