Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...in-jenise-wright-case/#comments-page-subtitle

Maybe he/she/they were? Comment says an arrest was made, but I can't find anything in msm. If they are minors too woukld the news report it?

All posts are MOO

Just an aside -- google maps places the MHP and the incident address as 9 miles apart -- I'm not familiar with the area at all so I went to google, but I think that's good info.

Just some bored kid(s) perhaps with too much time on their hands? IDK. And poor LE has to go take care of that along with everything else.

Arson is a serious offense.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ds-alleged-bremerton-killer-article-1.1905048

GG currently is admitted to Western State Hospital "for a mental evaluation to learn if he’s capable of going through a criminal trial."

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/cstcForensicServices.shtml

"Most children who receive our forensic evaluations are interviewed at Child Study and Treatment Center. The children we evaluate are living at home, in some type of facility, or are being held in custody in a detention center while they are waiting for their legal case to be finished. Parents, guardians, care providers, or detention staff transports the child to CSTC, where they are interviewed for a few hours by one of CSTC's forensic evaluators. Given certain factors, some children held in custody may be interviewed at the detention center."

He was charged as an adult. Therefore, I imagine the part you included for children does not apply JMO

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ds-alleged-bremerton-killer-article-1.1905048

GG currently is admitted to Western State Hospital "for a mental evaluation to learn if he’s capable of going through a criminal trial."

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/cstcForensicServices.shtml

"Most children who receive our forensic evaluations are interviewed at Child Study and Treatment Center. The children we evaluate are living at home, in some type of facility, or are being held in custody in a detention center while they are waiting for their legal case to be finished. Parents, guardians, care providers, or detention staff transports the child to CSTC, where they are interviewed for a few hours by one of CSTC's forensic evaluators. Given certain factors, some children held in custody may be interviewed at the detention center."

I'm not really surprised he's at Western State. When I was a teenager growing up in Bremerton, Western State was the place all the "boogey-men" had likely escaped from, or would be carted off to, according to politically incorrect teenagers who knew less than nothing about mental illness. To us, Western State was simply where the criminally insane were. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if teens in the area still talk about it that way.

Honestly though, I have no reason at all to believe he's going to be found mentally incompetent to stand trial. He might try and pull an act there like he did during the interrogation process but those professionals at Western know a fake act a mile away.

I'm not really surprised he's at Western State. When I was a teenager growing up in Bremerton, Western State was the place all the "boogey-men" had likely escaped from, or would be carted off to, according to politically incorrect teenagers who knew less than nothing about mental illness. To us, Western State was simply where the criminally insane were. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if teens in the area still talk about it that way.

Honestly though, I have no reason at all to believe he's going to be found mentally incompetent to stand trial. He might try and pull an act there like he did during the interrogation process but those professionals at Western know a fake act a mile away.

I totally agree that they will not found incompetent. I am really glad they are getting this done now so soon. I met my closest friend in college, and her cousin was murdered when she was in middle school. She said the waiting, wondering, and clinging and hoping for developments was excruciating. I hope progress helps them from having to experience that too much. :(

Just an aside -- google maps places the MHP and the incident address as 9 miles apart -- I'm not familiar with the area at all so I went to google, but I think that's good info.

Just some bored kid(s) perhaps with too much time on their hands? IDK. And poor LE has to go take care of that along with everything else.

Arson is a serious offense.

The location of the arson near Sylvan Way & Pine Rd. in east Bremerton & the location of Steele Creek MHP is a 9 minute drive. 3.7 miles. It's not really that far away at all.

arson.jpg

I wonder if there is a psychiatrist anywhere in this country that will try and vouch for this guys' actions ? I believe there was a couple in the Jodi Arias trial that attempted to explain away her behaviors, and I believe their careers were smashed to bits.

To all the "experts" out there (self-proclaimed or otherwise), you might want to steer clear of this guy, unless you are ready to retire and go into hiding.

Is ' admitted' to Western State a strange term or am I reading more into it than there is? Seems to be a routine competency evaluation could be conducted with out patient appointments. Why the admittance?

I wonder if there is a psychiatrist anywhere in this country that will try and vouch for this guys' actions ? I believe there was a couple in the Jodi Arias trial that attempted to explain away her behaviors, and I believe their careers were smashed to bits.

To all the "experts" out there (self-proclaimed or otherwise), you might want to steer clear of this guy, unless you are ready to retire and go into hiding.

As long as there is a lawyer making a defense, there will a psychiatrist from somewhere who will testify for them. Even it's not to absolve guilt, but to gain sympathy for the client.

As far as abuse, I think that only if GG names names will it matter at all. Otherwise the jury/judge will assume it is only a defense tactic and has no validity.

Is ' admitted' to Western State a strange term or am I reading more into it than there is? Seems to be a routine competency evaluation could be conducted with out patient appointments. Why the admittance?

Since he is 17 they might be required to use a youth facility. There is a chance more than one psychiatrist will evaluate him. Also, his assigned jail might not accommodate psychiatric evaluations and only do them in facilities. I don't actually think his particular evaluation will be routine.

Since he is 17 they might be required to use a youth facility. There is a chance more than one psychiatrist will evaluate him. Also, his assigned jail might not accommodate psychiatric evaluations and only do them in facilities. I don't actually think his particular evaluation will be routine.
BBM: I agree. You don't often see a competency hearing like this. This one seems odd, somehow. Possibly if he was on medication for depression, one that might have odd side effects, that could present a reason to be more concerned about competency. Obviously, if there happened to be a severe side effect that caused a Dissociative disorder, that would make this a whole different kind of case.

My gut tells me he was neither psychopath nor sociopath, but has some sort of sexual deviance. Anime? I think his intent was sexually, it did not go according to plan, he panicked and his fight or flight kicked in and he did what it did to silence her. He was feeling guilty and scared and went back to bury her. I am sure he will get life. Probably plea deal.

I would agree with you but for the acting after the fact; with his friends and with the police. I would really like to believe your version however. That would make him a little bit less of a "monster" to me. That he would feel guilt or shame at what he had done. Perhaps that would explain him saying "it's not right." (Which due to the victims last name, is an interesting way for him to have put it imo).

A lot going on here tonight, will try to follow along quietly.

I can understand many in the community feeling betrayed, hurt, angry, in denial, all stages of grief. However, the arson, and vandalism to someone that isn't the accused is wrong! If you're pissed at GG, yes, I can understand that! If you own something of his, like a shirt, or shorts, or something, then set it on fire, and let the anger go up in smoke with that item. Burning someone's vehicle is not productive, and not a normal reaction. Get a boxing punching bag and have at it! Go for a long run. Hop on a horse and go for a ride. Whatever benign behavior to get through this horrific event in your life, but do NOT end up in jail, or with a criminal record!!!! You'll only regret it later, and you'll hurt others in the process. Seek out a professional!! Ask them how the heck you move forward, how to grieve, how to process this, TALK to them!!!

BBM: I agree. You don't often see a competency hearing like this. This one seems odd, somehow. Possibly if he was on medication for depression, one that might have odd side effects, that could present a reason to be more concerned about competency. Obviously, if there happened to be a severe side effect that caused a Dissociative disorder, that would make this a whole different kind of case.

I don't know why but this brought up images of Edward Norton in Primal Fear.

I would agree with you but for the acting after the fact; with his friends and with the police. I would really like to believe your version however. That would make him a little bit less of a "monster" to me. That he would feel guilt or shame at what he had done. Perhaps that would explain him saying "it's not right." (Which due to the victims last name, is an interesting way for him to have put it imo).

A lot going on here tonight, will try to follow along quietly.

"It's not Wright". Um...wow.

A few theories are bouncing around in my head, but one that keeps popping up is that this overly-violent act is a form of suicide for GG. It alleviates any pressures he might have felt, pushes everyone away, "proves" he's worthless and not fit for human kind. He will be sent away forever, a proven loser, and he no longer has to live up to ANYTHING. All relationships and responsibilities are now over, and his life will be completely controlled by others from here on out.

He killed his own life.

JMO, and I reserve the right to change it.

My DD recently had a severe anxiety attack lasting over 2hrs and requiring a trip to the ER. It was the most gut wrenching feeling not being able to help her, and seeing her in such distress. When we finally got home that evening, her brother is who she reached out to, and would finally talk to. She wouldn't speak to us, *her parents*, her grandma, her doctors, a therapist, the ambulance crew, the police, nobody. We had no idea what had happened, if she had been raped, mugged, or what. She simply stated later that she couldn't talk. It hurt too much internally, and she couldn't breath nor form words. There's so many emotions that teens deal with, and haven't the past experiences, nor skills to process. They aren't adults, their brains aren't completely formed, yet the want the adult life, or so they think. But they have no clue what the 'real world' is. And something such as a break up from a boyfriend, or death of a pet can be the catalyst for a complete breakdown they've held in too long. It's normal. It's part of growing up, and leaving the comforts of home, and juggling work, college, finances, and relationships all at once.

I feel for each of the kids in the community left to figure out their path in life after such a tragedy as they're living through now. Please parents, set up those appointments, talk to your kids, as I told my own, I don't know the all the answers, I can't define your life for you, but I'm here, and I'm willing to help you. I'm willing to listen, without judgement, without bias, and try to help you see the decisions you need to make, and talk through them. But I can't make the decisions for you. I can't read futures, I can only lean on my life experiences, my age, etc to help guide.

Yes I'm hurting for those kids today. I'm hurting for JW's siblings, and her parents and loved ones. I'm hurting for GG's family, siblings, friends, and loved ones. I've prayed for GG, and even though it's not up to me to forgive him, like him, etc., I pray for him. That's not to say I would want him anywhere near me or my kids right now. But something is wrong for a 17yr old to even have the thoughts of his actions, much less carry through with those thoughts. Something is wrong, whether it's legal insanity or not, I think we can at least agree that his brain is not as ours.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, except to say, while I can't ever understand the extreme emotions the community is feeling, as I didn't know the victim nor the perp, I am a human, and have compassion. I truly feel horrible that any child would have to experience a tragedy like this. :grouphug: to them all. Together, you will learn from this, and will grow stronger. But it's going to take time. It's not an instant snap of the finger healing. It's not a healing that a pill is going to miraculously cure. It's going to be a process. But you'll each remain in my prayers from the 'other coast'.

I can understand many in the community feeling betrayed, hurt, angry, in denial, all stages of grief. However, the arson, and vandalism to someone that isn't the accused is wrong! If you're pissed at GG, yes, I can understand that! If you own something of his, like a shirt, or shorts, or something, then set it on fire, and let the anger go up in smoke with that item. Burning someone's vehicle is not productive, and not a normal reaction. Get a boxing punching bag and have at it! Go for a long run. Hop on a horse and go for a ride. Whatever benign behavior to get through this horrific event in your life, but do NOT end up in jail, or with a criminal record!!!! You'll only regret it later, and you'll hurt others in the process. Seek out a professional!! Ask them how the heck you move forward, how to grieve, how to process this, TALK to them!!!

Since everyone I have spoken with in this community feel very bad for GG's family....I HIGHLY doubt the arson was done by anyone "currently" living in this subdivision. I hope they catch who did this.

A few theories are bouncing around in my head, but one that keeps popping up is that this overly-violent act is a form of suicide for GG. It alleviates any pressures he might have felt, pushes everyone away, "proves" he's worthless and not fit for human kind. He will be sent away forever, a proven loser, and he no longer has to live up to ANYTHING. All relationships and responsibilities are now over, and his life will be completely controlled by others from here on out.

He killed his own life.

JMO, and I reserve the right to change it.
Wow. Yes! I can see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member