Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I do not think that Oscar Pistorius is going to make 'old bones'.

I sincerely hope you are right, Alex .. I personally think he should 'do the decent thing', just like many violent abusers tend to end up doing.

During the course of the excruciatingly lo-o-o-o-ng time it has taken this judge to go through all of her "reasoning" she sure has made some rather strange off-the-cuff statements along the way! As in her advice to shoot the person while they are standing next to your bed.

The whole thing has become so bizarre at this point that I am finding that I can barely even follow what she is saying.

And from Alex Crawford on the same page:

The sentencing could be a mini-trial with possib of runner being called to give evidence again and maybe Steenkamp family

Given her stated reasoning, I don't see how Marsipa could justify jailing OP. He was negligent, but not intentionally so. She found his version/s reasonably possibly true.

I am just sick over this. I cannot seem to shake the deep, deep sadness I feel right now for Reeva and her family. Justice has not been done no matter what happens now.

Just like the Brown and Goldman family. I can imagine its more painful because no one is held accountable for their loss loved one. So sad...

Are the lawyers in with the judge? How the h3ll is this 5 minute recess taking so long???

I still don't get it. He is guilty of CH because, when he fired, he should have foreseen that firing four shots into a locked room containing a person might kill him or her. But he's not guilty of murder because, when he fired, he did not foresee that firing four shots into a locked room containing a person might kill him or her.

She has explained eventualis better today. It makes sense now I think.

it makes sense how stupid she is for believing oscar could not foresee firing 4 shots at close range into a toilet door with someone inside , could possibly result in death?

whoop just pointed out that Judge referred to Oscar calling 911, and that SA doesn't have a 911 emergency number.

Re dolus eventualis

The only inference that can reasonably be drawn from the proved facts is that OP foresaw the possibility that he'd kill the person behind the door.

Is there anyone here who disagrees with this?

If so, please explain your reasoning.

Yes, but Masipa's understanding of dolus eventualis in this case is OP thought Reeva was in bed, so he could not foresee that he would kill her. Does it make sense? :waitasec:

Just like the Brown and Goldman family. I can imagine its more painful because no one is held accountable for their loss loved one. So sad...
What about Nicole's children? They always seem to be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member