Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she would know enough to delete stuff on her phone?
to me that takes logic and understanding she KNOWS they want the children and clues are on her phone she needs to delete it. She knows what she did and to me it seems trying to cover it up.
all JMO
Once again, what looks like guilt and understanding to you, may be further protecting her kids in her mind. The actions of a paranoid person may seem normal, but usually the reasoning is way off the charts. I don't think that takes away from her being guilty if something malicious has happened, but it speaks more of her mental illness than towards her being a possibly evil person. I'm sure her family members wanted to desperately believe that she could be a functioning mother, but sometimes that just isn't possible without A LOT of support and supervision.

It reminds me of Andrea Yates. (My babies were babies then and that case was punishing to my soul.) Anyway, Yates practiced what she did. Filled the tub. Knew she had x amount of time alone. Planning and mental illness do not seem to be mutually exclusive, but what conclusions that brings? I'm glad it's not up to me. Doubt I could maintain objectivity when children are involved.

IMO, Andrea Yates should be in prison.

Nobody knows if she has been off her meds or not. She was at her doctors office as of Monday this week for treatment.

I just wanted to add something that I just thought of. There are labs to see what levels of drugs are in your system and if they are in a nontherapeutic range, therapeutic range or toxic level. I don't mean illegal drugs but rather prescription drugs. I am not sure what antipsychotic meds she was on but for some drugs, laboratory work needs to be done on weekly basis to see where the drug levels fall within somebody's blood. If it was a drug that she was suppose to be taken, I can almost guarantee they have already done this behind the scenes. They probably wouldn't tell the public, but rather would be a more objective answer as to why they thought she didn't take her meds. Hope this makes sense.

Praying today is the day these two little ones are found. :praying:

Ok so the kentlands is about 10 or so minutes from the metro station. Metro runs late sometimes. It's also this really cute little community, we love going to it (best dumplings at Batik!) but its got big roads (2-3lanes each side) that directly get you on 270/metro area. Point is, those kids could be anywhere. And I find it weird that she said she would take the Police to the park, say she left them there (??) and than that's it? whatever happened with that story.

Often times people on meds for mental illness need to have their dosage upped because symptoms return. So even if someone is on their meds that does not mean they are in the clear.

The police said that when you are taken into custody they take away your meds because they are not sure what's in them. Then the person is examined by a physician and a prescription can be issued but she cannot be forced to take meds. They said that there is a provision that she can be moved to a psychiatric hospital forced to take her medication if it is deemed an emergency situation.

So if she was off her meds to begin with prior to her , which is highly likely,and did not get them in jail she could be really delusional.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ce5f78-3cd1-11e4-9587-5dafd96295f0_story.html

People are really quick to ignore genuine mental illnesses and think that they are just an excuse used to justify an action. If they had to live each day with the illness or the side effects of the meds used to control the illnesses then they might realise that it's actually horrific to be mentally ill.

Catherine Hoggle probably believes in her own mind that these children are safe. She probably perceives everyone around her as a threat, and being in a noisy jail will just exacerbate her symptoms.

The children are ultimately the priority here. Nothing is more important. But calling a woman with genuine serious mental illness "evil" is not going to help anyone.

I just hope the change in focus by the police to now suggesting a homicide case doesn't hurt the progress of finding these children... if people are focused on it being a homicide they may not take as close of notice to children passing by and may overlook these children in their community. the kids could be living in the community with a changed appearance cut hair, dressed diff etc.... and they may be with a person who they feel safe with so they may not be acting like they are with a stranger...

IMO, Andrea Yates should be in prison.

I think the people closest to her did her children a HUGE diservice by not seeing the signs and treating them. And I'm saying that as a mom who has suffered from post partum psychosis. I'm incredibly thankful for amazing friends and family and especially my husband, who loved me and never made me feel crazy for the thoughts I had no control over. He protected our children, he got me the help I needed and we didn't have another child for five years until we both had recovered from the pain and agony of what we'd been through emotionally. MOO

I think the people closest to her did her children a HUGE diservice by not seeing the signs and treating them. And I'm saying that as a mom who has suffered from post partum psychosis. I'm incredibly thankful for amazing friends and family and especially my husband, who loved me and never made me feel crazy for the thoughts I had no control over. He protected our children, he got me the help I needed and we didn't have another child for five years until we both had recovered from the pain and agony of what we'd been through emotionally. MOO

Thank you for sharing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members