ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Sartell area and it has been pretty hush hush. As usual there are rumors, but among TB and JW's circle of friends there is a lot of talk about drugs. We have friends whose son is a friend of JW, it has been highly speculated that drugs may be involved. I have also heard that TB's dad is ...well as the scuttlebutt goes...not the nicest guy, but that is kids talking so I don't know. The tweet has me intrigued - the phone number in the tweet is a 320 area code which includes the St. Cloud/Sartell area so one can assume the number belongs to one of his friends from this area, JW's?. At this link there is a screen shot of the tweet that shows a time stamp of 1:23 am.

http://heavy.com/news/2014/09/tommy-bearson-dead-5-fast-facts-you-need-to-know/

I would, but I haven't heard anything, and I work in Sartell.

If it helps, Sartell and Sauk Rapids are considered wealthier than Saint Cloud/Waite Park. They also have significantly better schools.

I find it interesting that he went to school in ND. Saint Cloud State is a pretty decent university, with very advantageous tuition rates, and the University of MN is closer (so much so that one could commute, if they wanted to - plenty people live in Saint Cloud and commute to the cities for work, like my husband), and much better academically imo.

Basketball scholarship? Couldn't be away from friends or girlfriend? Who knows. I agree with what you are saying here, just that having young men of my own there sometimes is not rational thinking going on in that young, still developing brain of theirs.

Re: the name attached to the phone number: aren't phone numbers recycled? So the smith name could be from someone who owned that number years ago.

I have to believe that is the case. We have 3 phones on our family plan and when my husband calls our home from his cell it comes up under a girls name that is not related to our plan in any way. Which reminds me I need to call the provider and find out why that is, but we do have fun with it because whenever he calls we answer by saying "Hi Lisa".

I live in the Sartell area and it has been pretty hush hush. As usual there are rumors, but among TB and JW's circle of friends there is a lot of talk about drugs. We have friends whose son is a friend of JW, it has been highly speculated that drugs may be involved. I have also heard that TB's dad is ...well as the scuttlebutt goes...not the nicest guy, but that is kids talking so I don't know. The tweet has me intrigued - the phone number in the tweet is a 320 area code which includes the St. Cloud/Sartell area so one can assume the number belongs to one of his friends from this area, JW's?. At this link there is a screen shot of the tweet that shows a time stamp of 1:23 am.

http://heavy.com/news/2014/09/tommy-bearson-dead-5-fast-facts-you-need-to-know/

For years I had always been told that, "The street always knows first." However this summer we had two young people die in our area and the 'Street' had absolutely all the information wrong! They were on on social media just blabbing away like bobble heads. Very upsetting.

I need help.
I still am not squared away on these times.
Someone just posted again that the tweet saying they were lost was at 1:23AM.
The tweet I see and I hover my mouse cursor over...it says 1123PM.

Can we assume that these tweet time stamps are accurate?

NDSU has had a lot of kids going there that would have otherwise gone someplace else because of the success of football. NDSU has the longest winning streak right now in ALL of college football history from what I understand. I'm not saying that's why he went necessarily, but I am saying that UND enrollment is down 6 percent this year, and the newspaper quotes NDSUs football success s of late and the excitement of that as one of the major reasons. Maybe NDSU had a better nursing program?

UNDs enrollment is down because they created stricter requirements for admission. They have more students applying than they have room for, mainly because of their top notch aviation program that brings in students from all over the world. Their 110 million dollar 'world's best' hockey arena also brings in the best of the best in hockey players from all over. TJ Oshie is from Mn but went to UND. Jonathan Towes also attended UND, just to name a couple. But it's a party school---no doubt about that. And as you mentioned, NDSUs football program is second to none.

I need help.

Can we assume that these tweet stamps are accurate?

I think it's the time zone difference. Fargo is Central Time.

Concerning the phone pings: Is it possible that the pings which led the police to the RV place were not from TB's phone?

I need help.

Can we assume that these tweet stamps are accurate?

Go to the settings on your twitter and change it to central time.

Concerning the phone pings: Is it possible that the pings which led the police to the RV place were not from TB's phone?

So you're thinking maybe they were from a phone of someone he was with that night? Wouldn't that be :gasp:

Yeah I too thought it was the trapper
when I went to school at MSU that is where most everybody hung out.
I didn't know about he term trap.Learn something every day.
Do the cops know about this trend of students now?
Did they know this house is a trap or do they kinda let the urgents have their fun?

Go to the settings on your twitter and change it to central time.

Can I change the time if I don't have a twitter account.
I really don't want a twitter account.....I'm just reading people who have twitter accounts.
Wasn't Tom's account already on Central Time? Or am I missing something somewhere?
Wouldn't the time of the tweet already take into accout the phone's location?

Can I change the time if I don't have a twitter account.
I really don't want a twitter account.....I'm just reading people who have twitter accounts.
Wasn't Tom's account already on Central Time? Or am I missing something somewhere?
Wouldn't the time of the tweet already take into accout the phone's location?

I would think Tom's would be in Central Time...what time zone are you in? I'm not 100% sure how the time thing works if you don't have a twitter account.

I'm betting that there will be no statements until tomorrow around quitting time so we will have the weekend to digest it all and for them to prepare their follow up answers.

At 00:29 in this video it says it was information in an interview with someone who led them to TB's body and that police have not revealed who told them where to find TB's body. That is pretty good information, I hope they have or will have enough to make an arrest real soon.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3571673.shtml

Sheesh, I really need to start watching the news instead of only reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa