Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amee good to reread those links. It is such a huge mystery when even the Superintendent says he hasn't even got a hunch.
I'm not sure how they can eliminate the river now, after a month a body could have been washed into the Tasman Sea. This case is so frustrating for us, must be even more so for the police.
I find myself wondering the same. As there has been minimal reporting it is impossible to know how often water has been searched since his disappearance. Perhaps there have been other searches without the public being updated. Is it possible that somehow he has gone undetected by dogs and ended up at the river?
There is the case of Aisling Symes a NZ toddler that went missing, feared abducted but had drowned on the property.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Aisling_Symes

Thanks Amee good to reread those links. It is such a huge mystery when even the Superintendent says he hasn't even got a hunch.
I'm not sure how they can eliminate the river now, after a month a body could have been washed into the Tasman Sea. This case is so frustrating for us, must be even more so for the police.

RBBM

I thought that earlier but the river flows several k's before it hits Watson Taylors Lake. I could not find if there are sharks in the river, maybe not because of the lake.

I find this equally frustrating kiwi50 when our wonderful police force can find the most obscure perps but this little darling has vanished of the face of the earth, no CCTV, no audio, nothing. It's heartbreaking.

He's been taken for sure but by whom? Unless he fell into a septic tank or something and the police have just missed him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 137
RBBM

I thought that earlier but the river flows several k's before it hits Watson Taylors Lake. I could not find if there are sharks in the river, maybe not because of the lake.

I find this equally frustrating kiwi50 when our wonderful police force can find the most obscure perps but this little darling has vanished of the face of the earth, no CCTV, no audio, nothing. It's heartbreaking.

He's been taken for sure but by whom? Unless he fell into a septic tank or something and the police have just missed him.

This is the problem I am having with this case and other cases. We are a tech advanced world, why we cannot find someone in today's age is beyond me. When someone goes missing, especially an innocent, I think there should be a short cut to all legal avenues that can be used to find the innocent. Something should be done in these cases to speed up the process of the law; the innocent's rights need to come before the rights of their parents, the public and/or their perpetrators.

The police's comments about now being 'closer' to finding William, on the back of not finding him in the river etc - I found that interesting. I wonder if there is any basis to those comments or it is just an attempt at being reassuring?

I also wonder how some people have never been found. Not necessarily as a result of abductions, just plain missing. Lorrin Whitehead, Donny Govan ... there are stacks of them. And with these people being older, they're bigger than William and you'd think they'd be easier to find? But they've just vanished.

My inclination is to despair, rather than feel that police are getting closer. Although, they might have more information than we realise. Who knows? If William's not in places where you'd think of looking, with some geographical or other connection to him, then as far as I'm concerned it's open slather. He could literally be anywhere, and where does one begin in a place as vast and expansive as Australia.

RBBM

Just looking at this image is overwhelming. All that forest! They say 'everywhere' has been searched for William, but the searched land (and water) mass would be a speck of dust in comparison to all that is out there, that has NOT been searched...

I find myself wondering the same. As there has been minimal reporting it is impossible to know how often water has been searched since his disappearance. Perhaps there have been other searches without the public being updated. Is it possible that somehow he has gone undetected by dogs and ended up at the river?
There is the case of Aisling Symes a NZ toddler that went missing, feared abducted but had drowned on the property.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Aisling_Symes

Yes. I keep thinking of this case, it was quite similar to William, just as mysterious, there was even a suspect, but in the end the answer was simple, an unstable manhole cover, which flipped as she stood on it, and then flipped back, so no one even noticed it out of place.

Yes. I keep thinking of this case, it was quite similar to William, just as mysterious, there was even a suspect, but in the end the answer was simple, an unstable manhole cover, which flipped as she stood on it, and then flipped back, so no one even noticed it out of place.

Maybe the wombat hole theory I read about very early in the story wasn't as ridiculous as it sounds :(

I'm in Wales, UK and have been thinking of little William since the first week he went missing and searching and praying for any updates daily.
I have a fb friend in Perth, which I know is far from NSW, who shares posts about William and I'm astounded to see people from Australia comment and ask who he is!! A month on surely every Australian should know about this and know his face. I'm shocked the media hasn't pushed this and just hope the police are onto something and that's why he isn't in the spotlight, as he should be. Praying he comes home very soon.

Another day and no news, feeling like this may just may go off the radar never to be heard of again, so sad

Maybe the wombat hole theory I read about very early in the story wasn't as ridiculous as it sounds :(

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. There are enough cases of people who have lain dead for some time, quite close to where searchers looked for them, but were simply unnoticed, to show that such a thing is quite a possibility. I know everyone likes to assume his "complicated family history" means automatically that it was an abduction by ~someone~, but I don't think that's inevitable at all; at least there is not enough evidence for that to be an inevitability at this point. Sure it's a possibility, but I think it's just as possible that he did run off and meet with misadventure along the way and he simply has not been spotted. Yes, the search was thorough and everyone really did do the best they could, but it would not at all be the first time a person has gone missing and died and not been found despite an extensive search.

I can absolutely imagine a scenario months or years down the track when someone who has gone bush in the State Forest comes across his remains. Sometimes bad things just happen, and there is no shadowy figure hiding in the bushes that we can all conveniently blame it on.

ETA: My mind on this case is 100% open. I think there are a myriad of possibilities.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. There are enough cases of people who have lain dead for some time, quite close to where searchers looked for them, but were simply unnoticed, to show that such a thing is quite a possibility. I know everyone likes to assume his "complicated family history" means automatically that it was an abduction by ~someone~, but I don't think that's inevitable at all; at least there is not enough evidence for that to be an inevitability at this point. Sure it's a possibility, but I think it's just as possible that he did run off and meet with misadventure along the way and he simply has not been spotted. Yes, the search was thorough and everyone really did do the best they could, but it would not at all be the first time a person has gone missing and died and not been found despite an extensive search.

I can absolutely imagine a scenario months or years down the track when someone who has gone bush in the State Forest comes across his remains. Sometimes bad things just happen, and there is no shadowy figure hiding in the bushes that we can all conveniently blame it on.

ETA: My mind on this case is 100% open. I think there are a myriad of possibilities.

This is so very possible, Eloise. Kyle Coleman's family are still searching for Kyle. They now know where he disappeared in the outback, they have found items of his, but they still can't find him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...alia-Kyle-Coleman-17-Mt-Isa-Qld-22nd-Feb-2014

There is just no clear cut answer to William's disappearance ... only different possibilities. I don't think that any/many of us are locked in to any one answer either. I know that my own mind swings between solutions depending on the day. :confused:

:twocents:
The grandfather died earlier in the year. His health problems may have been the reason the little ones weren't there before.

In a wooded area like the grandmother's yard, the technique hunters use is to stand very still and look for MOVEMENT. Someone can stand near a tree for a very long time without being noticed.

Yes I think misadventure is just as likely as abduction, and nothing can be eliminated, because even the Police Superintendent doesn't have so much as a hunch.

I agree with you totally.

Just to repeat this post of mine from sometime ago.

I agree Lotus09. Apologies for the morbidness of this - A man went missing in our suburb several years ago. Despite police investigations and his family searching his body lay decomposing very near a busy bike / walking path and at a place popular for walking dogs for approx 5 Months before someone stumbled upon it. Very very sad to think he was there all that time and we had no idea
I certainly hope this hasn't happened to William and he is with someone he knows and being taken care of - even if he was taken illegally. The alternative is just too sad to think about

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...lRWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=A-wDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4807,1525785

An interesting and sobering US local newspaper article from 1999 about why some missing persons/abduction cases don't seem to get much attention from the media, and how much good the attention does. I wonder how different it is now in a post-social media society. I feel there is a criminology and/or media PhD thesis there.
That really was an interesting read. I googled and the first three missing women who are mentioned were actually murdered. Their murderer, Cary Stayner, was the brother of Steven Stayner who was kindapped at age 7 and held for seven years before escaping. The article goes on to say "Unfortunately in these cases they're almost never found alive... "I can't think of many times where an abducted child has come home safely in these cases""...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa