Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the thingy that connects the cord to the computer with the pins all showing. They marked in green some pins that were bent and said they had realigned them. I think it's all BS.
(can you tell I am computer illiterate? :) had to call it a thingy.)

And how convenient that the PI can raise his arms in the air and claim, "It was ALL an accident!!!!".

Hiya Squirrel! Good to see you back. :) The Media and Timeline stickie has links to the most recent motions and other info; The Trial Diaries does a decent recap, Jen is usually at court every day, others further downthread have given other means to get caught up so I won't add more. Glad you're back!

Hi, geevee, thanks for the welcome! :Bananahi:

While we :waiting:

Off Topic Tweet From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 29s 29 seconds ago

I heard a great #HowardStern interview with #AC/DC today.
I forgot how much I like them. New album comes out Dec 2.

:loveyou:

Fashion Report from WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi is here. Black suit. Red tie.

#TonyMontana #Scarface #JodiArias

Dr. F's school.....reminds me a bit of a program out here, many years ago. It was an undergraduate "school" linked to Antioch, a top notch college.

Students were awarded credit for "life experience." Up to 25% of credits needed to graduate. All one had to do to earn the credits was to write a paper explaining how one's life had been educational. Really. Classes were held in one room, in an unrelated building, and attendance was optional. It too was a program geared to "mature" students. Who basically just needed that piece of paper.

Must have been a 1970's thing....

Regarding "Professional School for Psychological Studies"......

Whether or not the PSPS was accredited in 1982 seems a bit murky; as far as I can tell, it wasn't on any kind of radar (except with the narrow focus of working with SF youth) until 1980. What got my attention partly, though, was the 3 year timeline in which Fonseca got her degree. That raises all kinds of red flags for me, unless the student is a 16-year-old math genius at a super-elite university.

For certain areas of study, for-profit universities serve a purpose, but imho should not be used for primary degrees (e.g. BA, MA and Ph.D.), but rather for further education for a specific technical-ish field such as financial planning. Being tossed a Ph.D. without critical thinking skills, close supervision by faculty over a number of years, a significant research project is just NO........

Fonseca, like ALV, just plain doesn't have critical thinking skills. There's no clear relationship between the data that's available and her hypothesis. Nor does she evaluate her own biases let alone anyone else's! We expect more from undergraduates at a decent university than she shows evidence of.

Did she even have any degree before she went to PSPS?

I would question this as well. The Dr. has no credentials listed anywhere except for the Professional Psychology School, note in the San Diego Conference link below, attendees list their educational/professional background, doctor only lists her extensive experience, no BA/BS/MA/MS degree thereof. It may be she obtained some sort of degree abroad and it was recognized and accepted at this school, (my guess it was easy to do back in the day) otherwise why wouldn't she list her alma mater??

http://sandiegoconference.org/Program/_baks/faculty.html.0066.674b.bak#miccio-fonsecal

If I could have my dream kink-ologist on the witness stand in this trial (any phase past present or future) it would be Dan Savage. Fortunately he's of much too sound a mind to get caught up in this crazy case. In one of his recent columns he calls Jodi the "Kim Kardashian of cold-blooded murderesses."

I looked him up: dynamo choice.....Where was this guy when we needed him? Dan Savage on the stand would show JA for what she is: a rank infant when it comes to sexual possibility. (I mean, really, KY was her end all and be all? She never logged on to the Great Vibrations store website to jolly up her expertise?) Savage might be one of the few people who could make JA shrink into her seat with embarrassment at her sophomoric prowess in the bedroom, her one claim to exceptionalism. Wouldn't that be a sight?

For JA, sex is all about manipulation and not much about giving and receiving pleasure. If the latter, she'd have done a better job of "upping her game", and might have done so very easily.

Although it's easy to dismiss the sexual component of this trial as being simply salacious, maybe it actually is quite central? It would have been very aggravating to her that "sex as manipulation" couldn't get her what she wanted.

I would question this as well. The Dr. has no credentials listed anywhere except for the Professional Psychology School, note in the San Diego Conference link below, attendees list their educational/professional background, doctor only lists her extensive experience, no BA/BS/MA/MS degree thereof. It may be she obtained some sort of degree abroad and it was recognized and accepted at this school, (my guess it was easy to do back in the day) otherwise why wouldn't she list her alma mater??

http://sandiegoconference.org/Program/_baks/faculty.html.0066.674b.bak#miccio-fonsecal

I suspect she is in need of a retirement plan/fund. ALV sharing her good fortune with friends.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 26 seconds ago

This hearing might be longer than I think.

Ya never know with #JodiArias trial. Stay chooned.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Nurmi is here...always first to class #jodiarias

JustDaTruth ‏@ 2m2 minutes ago
So what exactly was #TravisAlexander doing to harm #JodiArias while she was stabbing him in the back over 18 times?

JustDaTruth ‏@ 1m1 minute ago
What do you want to bet the last thing Nurmi really wants is #JodiArias to go free? He knows what she did and why she did it. #murderer

Ok. I'm officially envious. I consider him the best prosecutor I've ever seen, civil or criminal. Add to that he seems to be so passionately devoted to victims' families and to genuinely seeking justice for them and for the victims in all his cases.

I'd love to listen to him about the law, about how he approaches a case, all the nitty gritty that goes into his work. I genuinely admire him.

agree_zpsb32b56b3.gif

This was posted over in sidebar by YesORno ~

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBlLbpcgb3wSnFwOFJfdE5nLTQ/preview?pli=1

Please help us decipher AZlawyer!

Jen is saying: (1) JM's claim that the hard drive was damaged when it was returned to him makes no sense, because it was already damaged when the defense got it, but the defense fixed it and that's why it was damaged when it was returned to JM (???), (2) the reason they gave a copy of the "Tony" drive to the state was because the FTK software "grabbed the wrong drive" (literally impossible IMO), (3) JM's claim that the drive was damaged by the defense expert in 2014 is inconsistent with his statement that he was able to review the 2008 copy that the state originally made (???), (4) JM doesn't need a copy made in 2014 because he already has the 2008 copy (um, yes, but the 2008 copy wouldn't show the supposed 2009 deletions the defense is claiming happened), (5) JM's complaint that the second copy provided by the defense was a "live" copy of files (which would be altered if anyone looked at the files) rather than a forensic image that could be examined without alteration is nonsense because multiple people accessed the copy already and so JM might as well access it too (???), (6) Spybot can't stop malware from being downloaded (which isn't what JM said IMO--he said Spybot would have prevented Travis from accessing the downloaded files), (7) Some of the *advertiser censored* was not caused by viruses (no details offered) and even if it was, that was probably because Travis was looking at *advertiser censored* in the first place because only people who look at *advertiser censored* get bad viruses, (8) Melendez lied when he said he found no viruses because now JM says there were some (difference between active and quarantined files IMO--Melendez was looking for something that would have been active because that's what Jodi said was happening), (9) Melendez's statement made Jodi look like a liar.

I looked him up: dynamo choice.....Where was this guy when we needed him? Dan Savage on the stand would show JA for what she is: a rank infant when it comes to sexual possibility. (I mean, really, KY was her end all and be all? She never logged on to the Great Vibrations store website to jolly up her expertise?) Savage might be one of the few people who could make JA shrink into her seat with embarrassment at her sophomoric prowess in the bedroom, her one claim to exceptionalism. Wouldn't that be a sight?

For JA, sex is all about manipulation and not much about giving and receiving pleasure. If the latter, she'd have done a better job of "upping her game", and might have done so very easily.

Although it's easy to dismiss the sexual component of this trial as being simply salacious, maybe it actually is quite central? It would have been very aggravating to her that "sex as manipulation" couldn't get her what she wanted.

LOL....once Travis called her a "goddess", she was stuck like glue. Her limited repertoire was limited to ideas from pop culture, movies and music videos. A simpleton at best.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 19 seconds ago

I see other parties here for what looks like a different case.

Juan just sat down in front of me.

TA fam as well as Det. Flores. #JodiArias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 47s48 seconds ago

Atty Maria Shaffer-#jodiarias's first atty-in court-Martinez blamed Shaffer for alleged *advertiser censored* on T.A. computer-Shaffer say no way #3tvarias

That's the data cable connector connecting the drive to the IDE port of the computer. Pins cab get bent if the connector is not aligned when it is connected. Usually a pin or 2 can get bent if the connector is misaligned and forced on the drive, but the person connecting the cable can feel the resistance and the cable won't seat. I can't see that many pins bent and misaligned accidentially, the connector would never seat and the cable just fall out of the socket.

William Pitts @william_pitts · 2m 2 minutes ago
here's the traditional pre-session sidebar. #JodiaArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is here in a light grey suit and navy blue tie #juantiereport

(Just in case anyone still cares about Juan's tie color...:sigh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500