VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jason in the pictures seems to have freckles like in the picture of the star tattoo. I'm so hopeful.

I am PRAYING that we can find Jason/Jay's family and obtain a DNA sample to compare to our Grateful Doe.

Thanks Carl!

I'm not sure just what hour I am up to of no sleep. Can't seem to make my brain stop. Want to make sure that everything is on top of everything over Imgur and Reddit.

Hope this brings a resolution over the next few days!

You're trending on reddit! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One idea that I have is to call the police departments in smaller areas around Myrtle Beach and check to see if they use NAMUS. It might be that they took a report and filed it away 20 years ago. I believe that not all LEA participate in NAMUS.

Greymetal,
Get some sleep. Please.

Since Jay seemed to know a lot about Kiawah SC, it might be a good idea to start with their PD or the county sheriff 's department for that county.

Since Jay seemed to know a lot about Kiawah SC, it might be a good idea to start with their PD or the county sheriff 's department for that county.

Kiawah is near Charleston, time-wise not near Myrtle Beach, although not that far in mileage. Totally different "crowds" in Charleston versus Myrtle Beach. Honestly, if he was in MB off-season (non-summer), he's more likely to be remembered b/c there was not as large of a permanent resident population at the time.

Might want to tag the Charleston media, since it's different than the media in MB.

I don't remember what clubs were around MB then, like Mother Fletchers or Magic Attic...

That comment went nowhere Voyager :( They never responded to further attempts to contact them.

GD; Any chance you could message me if you get the chance?

In the photos recently uploaded, Jay's hair looks like it falls in ringlets. Is his hair in a ponytail? Also, it looks like he has pierced ears. Is that a dark loop in the right ear in the pic of him with a friend (against the white shirt).

Good work in here by the way. I was alerted about info in this case today and will post the imgur info on my facebook.

Such amazing work grey metal.
I also love that your profile pic is of Billy Butcherson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in MB. If a missing person report was ever filed it would depend where he was reported missing from or lived. There are smaller surrounding "city" departments however many are annexed and part of Horry County, which is the largest county east of the Mississippi

The social media push has certainly had a dramatic and hopeful effect! I hope these leads bring Jason Doe home.

Grey, just wondering; I'm assuming the answer is no, but have you found a last name for Jason yet? Not asking you to post it if so, but I had the impression that was something you were looking to find out.

Also, the fact that Jason was "17/18" and not in college when living with friends makes me wonder if he graduated high school; maybe he's not even in a year book. :thinking:

Hey, J!

Don't have confirmation of a surname just yet. As soon as I do, and have permission to post, I will update you guys!

I've been thinking the same thing as you. I've been exploring Myrtle Beach, Charleston and South Carolina Facebooks and subreddits instead :)

greymetal, you should post the story to phantasytour.com if you haven't already. It's a music forum of jambands fans (most ALL are probably fans of The Grateful Dead.)

Nice job grey, the resemblance is uncanny. I would be very surprised to find out they are not the same person. Great job on your resourcefulness, you have brought more attention to this than I think it ever has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan