Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Thanks Blondie for posting this.
What a great rapport between the three men, so natural, so at ease with each other.
Another great memory of Robin.

I appreciate the ''thought"" --- now some uppity has blocked it

''This video contains content from AMPAS Oscars, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.""

Oh dear, sorry about that. I'll do some quick editing here.

Edit - never mind. I am unable to edit it now.

Oh dear, sorry about that. I'll do some quick editing here.

Edit - never mind. I am unable to edit it now.

I think I know what you are talking about that his death was not center stage when practically every other award show has. I was kind of surprised but at the same time not. I think it was the manner of his death & although a few people mentioned the "S" word they didn't want to glorify it. I do not say that word because any longtimers on here may remember my sister did that 5 yrs. ago. Still not over it & never will be & that's that.

I think Mike Nichols was a good choice.

I think he passed and does not deserve any other place than the one he got, I think that they missed Elaine Stritch and that was a bad mistake, But I think there were others we lost last year of same or more significance to the movie industry, Lauren Bacall, Mickey Rooney.

It is a shame they did not mention Joan Rivers.

good point!!

Lauren Bacall, Mickey Rooney

they deserved more than a mentioned.. shame on the organizers

RE "It is a shame they did not mention Joan Rivers." from ScarlettScarpetta

I think Joan may have been given a miss because she was not a member of the academy. She had Broadway and TV credits so she was Screen Actors Guild and probably still ACTRA member, and a Writers Guild member. I don't know for sure, just speculation on my part. Elaine Stritch's IMBD doesn't list film credits, and I think she was primarily known for her work on Broadway. But she was an amazing performer.

On the other hand, Joan Rivers, IMO, made the Red Carpet interviews a must see and gave designers and actors a platform to reach an even wider audience. Her name was linked to the Oscar ceremonies in popular culture.

I loved that the graphic artists seemed to have been given a free hand with this year's Oscars. The portraits used for the In Memoriam segment were beautiful, and very up to date. Louis Jourdan was included and he only died a few days ago. Robin William's portrait was poignant. As well, I liked that applause was cut for the broadcast version of the Oscars.

good point!!

Lauren Bacall, Mickey Rooney

they deserved more than a mentioned.. shame on the organizers

Im sorry, I didn't mean to Mislead. They were in the montage, But just like everyone else. The writers, producers, designers.. One thing I like is that they give everyone involved in the movies their due. I don't think RW deserved any more than the rest of them got.

I'm glad Robin has been included in the various In Memoriams. I was concerned he might get left out because of the way he died. I think that has happened in the past with other individuals. The Oscars' In Memoriam was very nicely done. I like that they even included the folks who worked behind the scenes. My only complaint is it went just a little too fast. Some of those portraits had extra graphics on them. It was hard to get a good look at those because it quickly transitioned to the next person. Still it was very nicely put together, and touching.

The judge has given the two sides another eight weeks to try very hard to work out the distribution of the 1200 or so items in question.

Robin Williams Restricted Exploitation of His Image for 25 Years After Death

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/robin-williams-restricted-exploitation-his-785292

According to a review of the Robin Williams Trust — filed as an exhibit last Wednesday — Williams bequeathed rights to his name, signature, photograph and likeness to the Windfall Foundation, a charitable organization set up by Williams' legal reps at the law firm of Manatt, Phelps.

There are two important facets of this provision.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Squabble-continues-over-Robin-Williams-estate-6168245.php

An inventory of 975 items in the estate was compiled last week. Many of the items outside of memorabilia are not in dispute, the lawyers said — but a big sticking point is the definition of “memorabilia.”

Susan Williams contended in her December filing that she interprets the word to mean anything related to his show-business career, but that the trustees told her the definition includes anything from bikes to trinkets “for which Robin is/was memorable.” The trustees — attorney Arnold Kassoy and Williams business manager Joel Faden — responded in court filings that her concerns on that matter were “irrelevant” because the estate papers give them “final and absolute” authority to decide what happens with Williams’ personal property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back