Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Widow of Robin Williams holding heirlooms hostage while looking to boost inheritance, lawyers for comedian’s children say
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ng-family-heirlooms-lawyers-article-1.2329956

Lawyers for Williams’ children, Zachary, 32, Zelda, 26 and Cody, 23, say Schneider should be more than happy with the trustees’ decisions.

“In fact, about half of the trust’s net assets will be placed in Susan’s Trust, for her benefit for her lifetime,” their filing says.

At her death, her two children and Williams’ three kids will split the remainder of those assets equally, they say.

Robin Williams' widow and children are back in court in ongoing fight over late actor's estate and his million-dollar bicycle collection

Robin Williams' widow Susan Williams, and children, Zak, Zelda and Cody, have been in bitter legal battle over actor's estate for months

Williams's children, from previous marriages, say the estate's trustees have determined the division of their father's personal property

They accuse Susan Williams of holding on to property that's not hers

Susan Williams says trustees refused to explain how they calculated her reserve fund, which were different from figures she arrived at

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...liams-estate-dispute-court.html#ixzz3kAthiABL

It is difficult to believe that the attorney who wrote the Will did not address the personal property of Robin Williams, especially when it was known that he had so much valuable personal property. Disposition of personal property is normally a standard part of any Will. As in Grandma bequeaths her best china to her daughter and her late husband's hunting rifles to her son.

Perhaps Mr. Williams just didn't want to get into thinking about these kind of things. Who knows?

I had the experience of having a step child who came into the home (invited by me) and removed, without my permission, several items that belonged to his father - and this took place on the afternoon of the funeral. So I can understand this widow not wanting the children to have access to her home.

The fact that the trust that specifically was to be set up for the widow had not yet been funded by the trustees by this past December, when his widow filed suit, is telling.

Determination of these kind of issues is what courts are there for. Which of us here, I wonder, had we been married to a multi-millionaire, would not have consulted with an independent attorney when six months had passed since the death of your husband and not a penny was forthcoming from his estate - nothing to even pay the monthly expenses?

I'm wondering if the attorney who failed to write a very, very clear Will for a man of Robin Williams' wealth happens, per chance, to be one of said Trustees? How are the Trustees paid? Who was named Executor? How is the Executor paid? Anybody getting paid by a percentage of the estate? If so, the longer they can keep the principal in the Estate, the more interest accrues and the more they get paid.

Sometimes with a poorly written will, it takes going into court to determine who gets what.

Apparently there is a will signed 1/31/11 leaving everything in a trust to the children, and a prenup signed 9/28/11 stating she will be taken care of after his death. I hope the children get his bike collection and other valuables.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-fortune-couple-signed-prenup-marriage.html

At the time of his death, Robin and Susan were sharing a house in Tiburon, CA, which is now valued at more than $7 million.

It is not known whether Susan will be able to stay at the house under the terms of the prenup - or whether she will get the proceeds of the property if it is sold as the will states: 'I intend by this will to dispose of all property wherever situated that I am entitled to dispose of by will.

'I direct the Executor of this Will and the Trustee of the Trust...to fulfill my obligations under that certain prenuptial agreement with Susan dated September 28, 2011.'

Thanks for posting that, sophie.

Something in the article that does not make sense: It states his will was dated January, 2011. Then later in the article, it quotes wording, supposedly in the will if I am reading it correctly, that refers to "the prenuptial agreement of Sept 28, 2011".

I don't see how you could be writing in January 2011 about something that did not occur until nine months later.

'I know we did everything we could': Robin Williams' widow reveals the actor had never spoken about committing suicide while he was battling depression and Parkinson's

Robin Williams widow Susan Schneider is opening up about his battle with depression and Parkinson's in his final days

Schneider said in an interview that will air Tuesday on ABC that Williams never once spoke about taking his own life

'I know we did everything we could ... No one could have done anything more for Robin,' said Schneider in the interview

Earlier this month Susan reached a settlement with Robin's children, after a bitter battle over his will and estate

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-depression-Parkinson-s.html#ixzz3qOkCCQRN

Susan Schneider Reveals the Real Reason Behind Robin Williams' Suicide: "We Were Living a Nightmare"

Samantha Schnurr, eonline
Seconds ago

While fans worldwide believed that Robin Williams committed suicide because of depression, Susan Schneider is now revealing her husband's true killer.

As his partner for seven years, the widow of America's beloved comedian is setting the record straight on William's private medical battles, detailing for the first time his post-death diagnosis with Lewy Body Dementia.

"It was what was going on inside of his brain—the chemical warfare that no one knew about," William's third wife told Good Morning America 's Amy Robach in a taped interview Tuesday morning.

While the Oscar-winning actor was not diagnosed with the form of dementia until after an autopsy was completed following his suicide in August 2014, Schneider told Robach the 63-year-old screen legend exhibited signs of mental disarray years before his untimely death...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151103/b712507/

Susan Schneider Reveals the Real Reason Behind Robin Williams' Suicide: "We Were Living a Nightmare"

Samantha Schnurr, eonline
Seconds ago

While fans worldwide believed that Robin Williams committed suicide because of depression, Susan Schneider is now revealing her husband's true killer.

As his partner for seven years, the widow of America's beloved comedian is setting the record straight on William's private medical battles, detailing for the first time his post-death diagnosis with Lewy Body Dementia.

"It was what was going on inside of his brain—the chemical warfare that no one knew about," William's third wife told Good Morning America 's Amy Robach in a taped interview Tuesday morning.

While the Oscar-winning actor was not diagnosed with the form of dementia until after an autopsy was completed following his suicide in August 2014, Schneider told Robach the 63-year-old screen legend exhibited signs of mental disarray years before his untimely death...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151103/b712507/

Estelle Getty (Golden Girls) and Casey Kasem also battled lewy body dementia. I read an article on it several years ago, about several couples where one spouse had it and onset was in the 60s or early 70s, I think it was in the New York Times but I can't find it there. It was so sad, and seemed to be even more difficult for caretakers than Alzheimer's Disease, if that's possible.

Dang, it sounds like a nightmare to deal with. How awfully tragic and sad, RW must have felt so lost and confused with all that was happening to him, all the while trying to maintain his happy-go-lucky persona. I can't imagine trying to deal with such an issue and to deal with it while being such a loved and adored public figure.

My darling, champion golfer, bridge life master, gourmet chef, and all around wonder girl mother-in-law, began to have symptoms- odd, random-when she was in her late seventies. She died at 90 after spending 10 years in a nursing home. Since LBD is difficult to diagnose at first, especially 15 years ago, we really didn't know what was causing her symptoms until she had been in the nursing home for a few years. A diagnosis is only made by adding up the symptoms and ruling everything else out, and it can still be difficult.

And there's nothing that can be done. She had the best of care, but she was basically paralyzed and mute for 8 years of her 12-year ordeal. Knowing what I know now, I can easily understand why RW took his own life while he was still capable of it. Even though my MIL could not speak, other than occasionally saying yes, she could still understand things. If I told her a joke or funny anecdote, her eyes twinkled with laughter. If there was a sad topic, her eyes filled with tears. She was still in there, but she was trapped inside. Horrible, horrible...

My elderly FIL took care of her at home, nobly, heroically, until he had to institutionalize her. And she was never left alone for a minute.

Dr. Pamela Connolly: What do you worry about.

RW: Incontinence. No, like what just happened. But it's, oh I think it's just that the idea of losing your mind. When you see that, when you literally see, you know, and hopefully that the research will kick in by the time I get to be, you know, as I get older that, the idea that, you know, the mind will go away.

[video=youtube;G4jMEeXc9s8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jMEeXc9s8[/video]

My mother suffered from Lewey Body Dementia for probably about 8 years prior to her diagnosis. Sometimes the onset is subtle. One of the first things we noticed that at the time was unexplained was her increasing mistrust of anyone and everyone. She thought everyone was out to "gyp her", from the guy who cut her grass to the teller at her local bank. That later progressed to extreme paranoia and her being convinced people were stealing or wanted to steal from her. And that could be anything from her money to her household goods. (She once accused me of stealing her hair dryer. Another time it was her iron. )

A second thing we began to notice was her increasing lack of ability in reasoning. Instead of thinking she had misplaced something, she would convince herself someone had stolen it. When she would forget that she had put a load of clothing into the washing machine and would discover it there a week later, she would accuse various family members of coming into her house and "doing things" when she was out. Yet during these same times, in other areas she would seem to be okay. This went on for a long time - years.

So if you did not know her well, she could appear to not be impaired. Perhaps just a bit confused at times, as old ladies will be. But this was more than that, much more, and it finally
she could no longer live alone in her home, so then went into Assisted Living.

My mother never developed the muteness. Far from it, if anything she developed the opposite. Which can also get to be a problem. Because they also often lose their "social skills" as part of this, and will just say whatever comes into their head. No "social filtering". Which results in thinks like "That dress is not a flattering color on you." "Your hair looks dirty. When is the last time you washed it?" (These were both said to other mourners at my uncle's funeral!)

Sadly, it can get to where you can't really take them out to events any more. Loving family members will overlook these kind of things to some extent (some more than others) but to subject more distanct family members or even strangers to this type of thing is just not right, in my opinion.

Best site for comprehensive info about the disease, its manifestation, symptoms, etc.
www.lbda.org

My husband's grandmother kept accusing her son's very stylish wife (DH's stepmother) of stealing her clothes. The stepmom was hurt, and also insulted: "Stealing her clothes? Really? Like I need 10 XL muu muus?!"

Sometimes you had to laugh, but it was very sad mostly.

I just found this, as I was trying to actually fold a fitted sheet in the proper manner, and wanted to share the fun.

[video=youtube;eZW5j_dW6QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZW5j_dW6QM[/video]

No one can match Robin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann