Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, trying to provoke and trying to garner support from the masses. I find BB to have been a pisspoor husband and father. But I do believe the last few years he has been trying to get his own act together. I have long felt a part of the divorce was about recognizing that the dynamic with WH was all kinds of dysfunctional and letting go of someone you love so that that person can maybe thrive without you. But that was ust my own takeaway from that divorce.

I agree, trying to provoke and trying to garner support from the masses. I find BB to have been a pisspoor husband and father. But I do believe the last few years he has been trying to get his own act together. I have long felt a part of the divorce was about recognizing that the dynamic with WH was all kinds of dysfunctional and letting go of someone you love so that that person can maybe thrive without you. But that was ust my own takeaway from that divorce.

Yeah. They loved each other so deeply. And so incorrectly. They fed off of each other in good ways and bad.
And they both love BKB.

Addiction is a horrible horrible evil.

I can't judge any of them because I have never walked in their shoes.

I can say I didn't have the easiest of childhoods. Addiction was a big part of my daily life. I saw things no kid should ever see. But I have no doubt I was loved. And I refuse to use it as an excuse to not be a well rounded, productive member of our society.

And as an adult, I have forgiven and have great relationships with my parents. They weren't perfect, but they love me and my sister more than anything.

And I learned what I DIDN'T want to do while raising my child.

We live and learn in life. Many lose the battle with addiction. Many get better. But we are all human. Even celebrities.

God bless this family.

JMO

Randy Kessler, one of the attorneys representing NG, is on Nancy Grace this hour. They're discussing another case right now, but I will stay tuned to see if they talk about Bobbi Kristina.

Pitiful mess!

Either the lawyers are incompetent or their clients refuse to be reined-in...or both, and more.

It's revolting to see this 'spat' being brought to the public via social media as if it's some form of new entertainment series. Refresh the page, watch for spoilers, be first to get the details!

These ppl are so used to living their lives via public display (internet or TV) that they seem to have NO idea how to comport themselves...even to protect their own interests.

And all the while, Krissi is lying in a hospital bed, likely BD or PVS. Who is truly caring about HER?

~jmo~

I'm getting more and more certain as each day passes that she isn't brain dead. She must be PVS.

Now 24 days later and BK is still in ICU? Hospice? but in Emory hospital..............
How long can she stay there? Will the hospital soon want he family to move her to
another facility soon?

I'm getting more and more certain as each day passes that she isn't brain dead. She must be PVS.

HLN's Dr. Drew suggested on his HLN show this evening that BKB is likely in a persistent vegetative state.

I agree with you. If she was brain dead, there would be much more movement by the hospital to remove her from support. That doesn't appear to be the case-- the hospital is taking an "invisible" public approach to this, so I think you're right. There is just enough of "something" still there that she probably doesn't fully meet brain death criteria. The outcome will be the same, she'll just linger a while now. PVS is actually worse than brain death for the families, IMO-- because it gives false hope, and the hospital can't "force" the withdrawal of support.

All signs pointed to brain death in the first days and weeks. But that must not be so. I don't think there is any more reason for hope for any kind of positive neuro outcome. Recall the study earlier I posted, of the 1669 adults with near drowning and cardiac arrest-- her situation is analogous to one of the 27 survivors in PVS. I will be very, very, very surprised if she ever recovers even enough to get off the vent. Very sad.

It's been almost a month. They are gonna have to move her soon. I suspect they will do it very quietly, probably very late at night, and then announce it a day or 2 later. To try to keep the paparazzi away. They likely have a SNF (skilled nursing facility) unit somewhere at Emory she could go to temporarily, until decisions are made for long term. Where ever they decide to move her, it will be a logistical nightmare, trying to safeguard privacy, implement security, and keep paparazzi away. A celebrity patient, with a celebrity entourage & family, would be very stressful for any long term care facility.

I just don't have the sense that she will meet any kind of criteria for a strictly rehab type placement. They typically have to be making some kind of progress, or capable of making progress, to be a candidate for a rehab hospital. If she's unconscious (or minimally conscious), and vent dependent, there isn't much that can be done in rehab. But LTC can and will still have a regimen of preventative care, such as passive range of motion for limbs, splints for hands and feet, skin care, eye and mouth care, bowel regimen, etc.

For years; Emory has advanced in these type of studies. So since BK has money plus her dad is open for suggestions, then I am sure that the hospital is breaking out the big guns. Plus imagine the publicity that the new technology would receive if it is successfully used on BK to help her regain brain functions. Jmo.

For years; Emory has advanced in these type of studies. So since BK has money plus her dad is open for suggestions, then I am sure that the hospital is breaking out the big guns. Plus imagine the publicity that the new technology would receive if it is successfully used on BK to help her regain brain functions. Jmo.

I agree. It all depends on what she has left to maximize, and stimulate. Unfortunately, nothing regenerates brain tissue that has been lost. It's not like, for example, liver tissue. I still think this is a long, wrenching, grievously, sad journey to not much meaningful recovery at all. (Meaningful, meaning some level of neuro competency.) Every family deals with this in their own way. This family has a lot of (adolescent, IMO) disagreement and in-fighting going on, and they are all "celebrities" in the public eye, and preoccupied with their own "images". Money and inheritance complicates the discussion. Criminal allegations complicate the scenario. A youthful patient, with a dismal prognosis (IMO), complicates the scenario. Allegations of drug use complicate the issues. So this will be a protracted, painful, exquisitely difficult journey for all. It's their journey. We only observe and bear witness to the process that is so painful and complicated. Thankfully, I don't believe the 21 year old young lady in the middle of this crisis, is suffering, or aware, at all. That makes it a little better, IMO.

Sadly this morning, I feel like unless her body just quits, they will keep her alive on machines forever and I find that sad.

I hope they find the strength to let her go.

This is so sad. BB wife went last week back to Calif.
If and when BK can be moved, I bet they will fly her there, JMOO
Unless the family is going to move to GA area.
IMOO a person in PVS who needs constant care and privacy needs to be close to home.
If BB isn't there to protect BK, NG and others could 'use' BK..........tabloids
This PVS is wore than death. Death is permanent and peaceful............this is sadder.......JMOO

Sadly this morning, I feel like unless her body just quits, they will keep her alive on machines forever and I find that sad.

I hope they find the strength to let her go.

A neighbor of mine, a RN, suggested that it's possible that she is in a PVS without being actually "kept alive" by machines. I am far from a medical expert, but if that is the case, this could go on for a very, very long time.

It's so sad. I still feel like the poor little thing just didn't have a real chance.

Nick Gordon's Twitter rant: 'Let me in the hospital'

By Dr. Drew staff

updated10:35 PM EST, Mon February 23, 2015

•Bobbi Kristina Brown has been on life support for 24 days
•Bobby Brown's lawyers said Gordon 'declined to meet the terms of any possible visit'

Bobbi Kristina Brown, 21, has been in a medically induced coma for 24 days. As she fights for her life, the public spat between her boyfriend and her family goes on.

"Let me be very clear, Mr. Gordon was offered an opportunity to potentially visit Bobbi Kristina and he declined to meet the terms of any possible visit," Bobby Brown said in a statement through his lawyers.

Nick Gordon seemed to respond over the weekend while on a Twitter rant...

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/02/23/bobby-brown-nick-gordon-statements-bobbi-kristina

I wondered about that as well. He has two attorneys and I wonder if he had them before this incident or if he hired them due to this investigation.

One of the attorneys mentioned, can't remember name Russell something, is on the case. The only reason I know that is I have seen him on Real Housewives of ATL (yes I do watch lol) consulting on some people on the show that are seeking divorce. So, IMO I think he is in on it for visibility & publicity.

^ Do you mean Randy Kessler? High profile Atlanta divorce attorney. Frequent guest on Nancy Grace.

Kessler was on Nancy's panel last night but did not discuss Bobbi Kristina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa