VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me think of the clothes that were discovered on Battlefield Blvd. TWO sports bras, Norview HS shorts, with all his comings and goings to the house to pick up the van, could he have had an opportunity to enter the house and retrieve those clothing items to be "discovered" later? I can't imagine she was wearing 2 bras or even shorts when she disappeared.

Thank you. Those clothes came from the sports bag, and could have been grabbed at the time of the murder, or AJ left them in the back of the red truck.

So I take it they have wrapped up at the house where she was found? In a picture I saw a guy had a bag filled with envelopes that looked like evidence collection. I hope they were able to find enough to nail whoever did this to the wall.

And in regards to SeeAlice, I think we should all appreciate an opposing or different point of view, and appreciate the fact that some are able to hold back judgment without having concrete evidence. I believe WH did this, but that is just my gut feeling from his behavior and past. Not necessarily facts. In the Noah Thomas case I was probably on borderline-timeout status because of my feelings towards his mother and her 3 hour nap, however, I appreciated the people who didn't see things my way, simply because it kept things from turning into witch hunt. If EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon and grabbed their pitchforks based on feelings and past behavior(even though that is a big indicator of future behavior) that would not be a good thing.

Good to see you, Bravo. Sorry to hear. Very heavy hearted here as well. :(

Good to see you too margarita25. As always. Yes was too many cases this week of Children found and Adults missing/found.....Sigh

Not to be argumentative here... I just want to emphasize that some kids are just special and wise beyond their years. My teenage son deals with abandonment issues. He has not seen his father since he was 5 years old and is raised by myself and his grandmother. I'm 49 and his grandma is 69. We have provided a stable and loving home for him although for a teenage boy, he doesn't exactly think it is cool. He wishes he had a dad and siblings. He knows he is loved and I truly believe that JH loves her girls and provided a healthy life-style for them for as long as she could. Her mistake was WH. If WH ever was any type of truly upstanding father figure to AJ it was for his own agenda. My son is so wise beyond his years and determined NOT to be the man his father is, that he is a bit OCD. He is in advanced classes, an athlete, is loved by all... and most of all stands up for his beliefs and for others. My point is that I see AJ as a person in her own right... not necessarily what someone made her into. She came home from college strong and protective with her eyes wide open. Someone played dirty. And while AJ lost her life... I believe her purpose on this earth was served! Fly with angels, sweet AJ.

I'm very sorry about your son. The rest is just your own personal opinions & speculation, IMO.

I will not accuse anyone of sexual abuse or of murdering their own child based on others' feelings and not on evidence or facts. I just can't and won't do it. I think it is morally reprehensible to do that to anyone, much less the parent of a missing or murdered child.

I try to respect your opinions. Please do likewise.

JMO

<modsnip>
My post was about AJ being strong and wise and her own person. I never once said that WH sexually molested her. I did not call out a suspect. I said that JH's mistake was WH because he is a felon and an admitted drug abuser. I am proud to compare my son to AJ.

Now, I'm off to color my hair.... what's AJ's favorite color... I might just do a temporary streak in the front for fun.

Respectfully, IMO, JMO, MOO.....

I'm marking my spot so that I can go step outside for a bit. NOT because of the "vibe", but simply because I need a breather from this case. Have a pleasant afternoon ((((WSers)))).

ETA: Please remember the TOS about sleuthing victims in this case. Or dropping hints about them. Think about how YOU would feel if you were outted on a very visible forum, and had done nothing to deserve that. Thanks.

If you don't see a correlation between a man who was arrested for felonious restraint of a MINOR in 1998, and arrested for kidnapping and rape of his estranged wife in 2005, and a young woman going missing from a residence he very recently shared with her in 2015...then I guess we are simply going to have to agree to disagree.

If it walks like a duck...IMO.

I think the correlation is that he has kidnapped and sexually assaulted a young woman before, that he tends to think of the women with whom he has an ongoing sexual relationship as his property, and that he has no regard for the law. However, if he had a sexual motive, I do not necessarily see him as a pedophile or fixated offender of children. However, at the time she was abducted, AJ was not a child. Somehow, I suspect he had been behaving in a flirtatious and seductive way to her for some time. This behavior may have escalated when she went away to college. This type of offender would not see this as abuse at all. He would be opportunistic and think he was a sort of ladies' man. He might have been the sort whose hands ended up in inappropriate places when hugging or who left the bathroom door open or who would enter her room without knocking. In other words, she may have had to deal with him constantly testing her boundaries.

Very well said - thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't get past gnashing my teeth to think this far ahead. I should be glad for someone who doesn't know that feeling. I could write a book about it. When my brother was on trial, the guy who was in the basement with him and me and my sister on occasion (who went on to become a detective, then ME in our big city) got up on the stand and testified for my brother and his "good character" and that he didn't think he was capable of SA, and he would be the first to cut off his privates, yak yak yak. And I'm sitting in the courtroom thinking "what a liar! He was in the basement with us!!". It just changes your world, that's all.

(((( Happyshoes)))) I am very glad for those who don't know the feeling. They would do well to listen when those who do, explain a different perspective that there's no way they could know.

Just caught my hubby up on everything (he has background in the "whodunit" world) and his feeling is there are 2...one who actually did it...another called after the fact to help. I am new to posting here although I have been reading for quite sometime so I am still learning all the rules...in other words, I don't want to say/do something I am not supposed to out of ignorance of all of the rules. But...he also thinks WH because of the record, past, the behavior, the way he has presented himself and the evidence released thus far. He thinks the reason the LE are saying the ole' No Suspects line is because they have the main player, but they do not have an air-tight case on the accomplice and think HE he is a flight-risk. Hubby thinks that this accomplish is someone very close to WH.

I hope I didn't break any rules! :blushing:

Please guys, let's not get this shut down. Can we stop the bickering/accusations and simply respect we have different POV's???

This reminder falls at random. Members are free to have alternate theories or opinions. Members are free to discuss them. Members are not free to be rude to one another. If you find someone's viewpoint is not to your liking you can discuss respectfully why yours differs or scroll and roll. Thank you.

I don't think there is anything to support your red flag warnings, but that is JMO.

Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH. I don't want to assume your experience or insight, which is why I don't want you to feel you need to be adversarial - we welcome all opinions and viewpoints, as long as you are open to offering more detail as to how you came to whatever conclusion so we can be considerate of your ideas.

There are several things that lead to WH as a potential perp, aside from the mods letting us discuss him as such for 14 threads:

1. Criminal history
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032415001.pdf
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032416290.pdf

He has demonstrated disregard for the law.
He is a convicted felon.
He has a history of kidnapping or forcibly taking an object of his affection against her will.
He has been accused and charged with sexual assault.
etc etc etc

2. It is on the record that he was diagnosed as manic-depressive and also a cocaine or crack-cocaine user. I've offered a few diatribes on that, and so has Zapped, which I recommend going back to read.
Bi-Polar or Borderline personality Disorder (very similar) and drug use is a recipe for murder. You can also find high percentage of this combination in the Virginia crime report I posted.

3. Analysis of his statements. Statement analysis tends to be more reliable than polygraphs (statistically and in my opinion). In the case of WH, if you approach his interviews expecting the kind of answers we have gotten from JH or Zach, bells start going off all over the place. In my opinion, most of what he has said on record indicates deception and leaks guilt in almost every sentence. I am not alone in that opinion, several here and experts outside of WS have come to similar conclusions. JMO

I'm really surprised there wasn't an arrest announced yesterday. Very curious,

Lot's of investigative work still to be done, I imagine. They haven't even determined/released COD yet. They just completed their grid searches of the area yesterday.

Hopefully there will be arrest soon.

(Somehow we have been allowed a little extra latitude in this case imo based on the circumstances, perhaps bc of his violent criminal background and the has already been mention on WS in another cases...usually we can't even discuss a person til they have officially been named a POI by LE.)

I think we may have been graciously given leeway because WH did the interviews... jmo

Just caught my hubby up on everything (he has background in the "whodunit" world) and his feeling is there are 2...one who actually did it...another called after the fact to help. I am new to posting here although I have been reading for quite sometime so I am still learning all the rules...in other words, I don't want to say/do something I am not supposed to out of ignorance of all of the rules. But...he also thinks WH because of the record, past, the behavior, the way he has presented himself and the evidence released thus far. He thinks the reason the LE are saying the ole' No Suspects line is because they have the main player, but they do not have an air-tight case on the accomplice and think HE he is a flight-risk. Hubby thinks that this accomplish is someone very close to WH.

I hope I didn't break any rules! :blushing:

A belated

:welcome:

and please keep sharing with your DH and WS. Thank you, I agree.

Wow...I'll cosign this with you. Just reading that made me physically get up and leave from where I was as if it was going to save me from hearing anymore. I know the majority of people who have been on this thread since day 1 are not grasping at straws when it comes to suspecting WH. Good lord who would honestly want that to be the case? Unfortunately he has provided a plethora of reasons for us to suspect him. I'm taking some time off. I'm spending more time reposting old posts to clarify things discussed weeks ago anyway.

By the way, I'm tired of hearing arguments that are suported by "just because." Maybe elaborate on why you don't think someone is involved. For example, "WH is not involved because...." I was thinking of a something factual to put there but I got nada. Lying about when he last saw her, discovering evidence, breaking into homes, threatening witnesses, possessing ammo, drugs, his own sister says he lies, etc...those things kept popping into my head instead of reasons hes not involved.

Apologies for the tone...this is not a process I view lightly and it takes a toll emotionally. Thanks to all of you who have continued to work diligently, logically, and responsibly.

If WH is NOT involved, he is hands down the dumbest person I have ever encountered in my life. I am not saying he sexually assaulted her either. Do I think he did? YES. But all I am saying at this point is that every single sign points to WH being responsible for AJ's death, by his own admission. Not circumstance, not association--everything points to WH because WH said and did 1001 things to make us think so. I could list and link all day long, but no...

I see this conversation getting derailed by the sexual assault aspect of it all. That would be the most likely motive, but even if he didn't sexually assault her (just pretend for a sec), I still believe we will see charges brought against him for her murder.

I keep reading about how he may have removed her clothes to plant them but I think we are all forgetting that Zach told us a bag was missing from the house with AJ. He said something along the lines of a bag was missing but not everything she would have taken to stay gone. In my mind, her toothbrush and other personal items she had unpacked were still there. Maybe the killer took her from her home and grabbed the bag to stage a run away scenario and the clothes scattered on the road came from that bag and not from AJs body. I doubt she was wearing shorts that day as it was very cold.

Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH. I don't want to assume your experience or insight, which is why I don't want you to feel you need to be adversarial - we welcome all opinions and viewpoints, as long as you are open to having them scrutinized (as we are, we're just a little mentally exhausted in the last 48 hours.)

There are several things that lead to WH as a potential perp, aside from the mods letting us discuss him as such for 14 threads:

1. Criminal history
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032415001.pdf
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032416290.pdf

He has demonstrated disregard for the law.
He is a convicted felon.
He has a history of kidnapping or forcibly taking an object of his affection against her will.
He has been accused and charged with sexual assault.
etc etc etc

2. It is on the record that he was diagnosed as manic-depressive and also a cocaine or crack-cocaine user. I've offered a few diatribes on that, and so has Zapped, which I recommend going back to read.
Bi-Polar or Borderline personality Disorder (very similar) and drug use is a recipe for murder. You can also find high percentage of this combination in the Virginia crime report I posted.

3. Analysis of his statements. Statement analysis tends to be more reliable than polygraphs (statistically and in my opinion). In the case of WH, if you approach his interviews expecting the kind of answers we have gotten from JH or Zach, bells start going off all over the place. In my opinion, most of what he has said on record indicates deception and leaks guilt in almost every sentence. I am not alone in that opinion, several here and experts outside of WH have come to similar conclusions. JMO

Omg, you have me nailed to a T!!!!!! Seriously, but change the sherry to beer and the chihuahuas to pitbulls and you got it right! Lmao :floorlaugh:

:drink:

If it turns out AJ died of an accidental death or was the victim of someone else, then should all of these behaviors, gestures, language, etc., that apparently only sexually abused people & experts (I guess) can see be tossed out? Because if you are wrong about what happened to AJ, they are completely unreliable predictors.

JMO

Well, in the first place I think it's kind of a reach to assume she died of an accidental death, an hour away from her home in the yard of an abandoned house. It's possible I suppose, say if she suffered severe head trauma somewhere else and was taken there and left.

Secondly, if it turns out someone else aside from WH was responsible for her death, then so be it. He should fry. I don't think anyone here is 100% sold on the idea there was actually any kind of sexual motivation on WH's part, but instead have said there COULD be. And, there very well could have been. Or not. We just don't know yet and tossing around thoughts, ideas, theories, etc. is what we're doing here.

Does WH exhibit some of these signs I mentioned? Yes, I believe he does. Does that automatically mean he's the one who hurt AJ? No, not at all. Does it mean these signs should be ignored? Never. Absolutely everything needs to be taken into consideration and either ruled in, or ruled out.

moo.

This Longwood picture was just heartbreaking :(

CCRmkSmW0AExGwr.jpg

AJ is loved. Fly with the Angels, sweet girl.

As to the correlation, I think the pattern of behavior is what's important. Not how old he was when he did this or that. But it is important to point out he began his criminal career in his teens, continued it into his 20s and clearly has not changed his ways in his 30's since he's currently sitting in the pokey counting on the generosity of folks to keep his snack bags of FunYuns coming...

As to your other question: it's very common. Now we're all just speculating here & tossing around possibilities in THIS case but it is in fact quite common for 1 kid in a family to be singled out for abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, I'm reminded of the Jessica Padgett case and what her step-father did to her. He also came into the picture at just about the same age as AJ.

And the middle two girls still have an active bio-father in their life. One that opposed in court WH being allowed to live with his daughters. But the judge disagreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa