WI - Tony Robinson, 19, fatally shot and killed by LE, Madison, 6 March 2015

I still see the simplest way to handle these cases is for an independent investigation to be called in anytime someone is shot by a LEO. Katydid23, I know you don't like that idea, but how else are we going to move forward and at least have some transparency. After the report that has just come out of Ferguson, a lot of folks just don't trust LE. They need to get that trust back.
If things don't change quick, fast and in a hurry, America is truly going to become a police state. A lot of people would say it already is. JMO

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/13/tony-terrell-robinson-madison-wisconsin-police-shooting-how-it-happened

...The details of what actually happened that night are only now starting to emerge. The Guardian has spoken to witnesses who say hallucinogenic drugs played a role in Robinson’s strange behavior that night, and that at least one of the people who called 911 was a friend reaching out to police in the hope they would come to help Robinson deal with the episode.

Police say Robinson was acting violently before the shooting, and had knocked Kenny to the ground before he was shot.

I still see the simplest way to handle these cases is for an independent investigation to be called in anytime someone is shot by a LEO. Katydid23, I know you don't like that idea, but how else are we going to move forward and at least have some transparency. After the report that has just come out of Ferguson, a lot of folks just don't trust LE. They need to get that trust back.
If things don't change quick, fast and in a hurry, America is truly going to become a police state. A lot of people would say it already is. JMO

Investigating a shooting is something that experienced professionals need to do. WHO is going to investigate ? A civilian review board full of ANTI-COP
activists?

Investigating a shooting is something that experienced professionals need to do. WHO is going to investigate ? A civilian review board full of ANTI-COP
activists?

No lol, obviously not a board of anti-cop activists. That is just silly.
Basically what you seem to be saying is nobody is trustworthy enough to investigate LE other than their day-to-day co-workers?

There needs to be more transparency than that when it comes to these events IMO.

No lol, obviously not a board of anti-cop activists. That is just silly.
Basically what you seem to be saying is nobody is trustworthy enough to investigate LE other than their day-to-day co-workers?

There needs to be more transparency than that when it comes to these events IMO.

That is what the Ferguson City Council had to vote on when they voted on the Civialn Review Board there. The CRB had put it in their motion that ALL evidence from any investigation would be turned over to them FIRST for their review before the investigators got it and they would have their own team look it over. So far that was denied but they are still fighting for it.

Do you trust Holders report on the MB case by the DOJ? Because they affirmed absolutely EVERYTHING that the police internal investigation had put forth. Just because some people do not trust it does not mean it is untrustworthy. Many in the community are saying the cops shot their brother cops the other night, to make the marchers look bad. Are they liable to ever believe anything a cop's investigation sets forth?

If it i set up that a cop has to run through an enemy gauntlet if he has the bad luck to have to defend himself, it will be a nightmare. JMO

That is what the Ferguson City Council had to vote on when they voted on the Civialn Review Board there. The CRB had put it in their motion that ALL evidence from any investigation would be turned over to them FIRST for their review before the investigators got it and they would have their own team look it over. So far that was denied but they are still fighting for it.

Do you trust Holders report on the MB case by the DOJ? Because they affirmed absolutely EVERYTHING that the police internal investigation had put forth. Just because some people do not trust it does not mean it is untrustworthy. Many in the community are saying the cops shot their brother cops the other night, to make the marchers look bad. Are they liable to ever believe anything a cop's investigation sets forth?

If it i set up that a cop has to run through an enemy gauntlet if he has the bad luck to have to defend himself, it will be a nightmare. JMO

So everybody other than their fellow officers in an enemy? Nothing will get solved this way. The distrust will continue.

I don't have to remind you of the Einstein quote about insanity do I?

So apparently, today there is supposed to be a decision about indicting the cop for shooting TR, or not. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

So apparently, today there is supposed to be a decision about indicting the cop for shooting TR, or not. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

It's on right now...and with the loooooooooooong build up, I'm thinking no charges against officer.

Eta:

No charges against officer, justified use of force, per press conference.

I found this DA to be outstanding. He was concise and very thorough when laying out all the facts of the case. Much classier and dignified than any DA I have seen lately when it comes to a police shooting. He was a breath of fresh air.

IMO

I found this DA to be outstanding. He was concise and very thorough when laying out all the facts of the case. Much classier and dignified than any DA I have seen lately when it comes to a police shooting. He was a breath of fresh air.

IMO

I agree. . But he sure seemed nervous, poor guy.

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/12/da-de...es-against-wisc-officer-citing-victim-was-on/

he callers described Robinson punching a friend, jumping in front of a car, punching one 911 caller in the face and assaulting two people on the sidewalk.

Robinson's mother, Andrea Irwin, said she was not surprised by the decision. She said the investigation wasn't thorough enough.

"They could have done a lot. What they didn't do was give my son any respect," she said following the announcement.

While I sympathize with anyone who has lost a child, it is difficult for law enforcement to respect anyone who is out of control.
And Tony Robinson was unable at the time to be reasoned with ; imo.

When the officer ran in and upstairs with his weapon drawn, he announced his presence, and almost immediately was punched in the side of the head by Robinson, according to Ozanne.
Emphasis mine

And what would have happened if Robinson had taken Officer Kenny's gun ? Would we be reading about Ofcr.Kenny's death instead ?

:moo:

Just saw Tony Robinson's mom interviewed by Anderson Cooper. She claims that the DA was 'smearing' her son and painting an unfair portrait of him. She claims he was a gentle person who would never hurt anyone. I guess she does not include armed robbery and home invasion as 'hurting' anyone, as he was out on bail for those charges.

She also said the police should have 'deescalated' the situation. Which seems unfair given that Tony's two good friends called 911 when they could not do so. He punched his friend. if his good friends could not calm him down, how are the cops supposed to do so?

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/12/da-de...es-against-wisc-officer-citing-victim-was-on/

he callers described Robinson punching a friend, jumping in front of a car, punching one 911 caller in the face and assaulting two people on the sidewalk.

Robinson's mother, Andrea Irwin, said she was not surprised by the decision. She said the investigation wasn't thorough enough.

"They could have done a lot. What they didn't do was give my son any respect," she said following the announcement.

While I sympathize with anyone who has lost a child, it is difficult for law enforcement to respect anyone who is out of control.
And Tony Robinson was unable at the time to be reasoned with ; imo.

When the officer ran in and upstairs with his weapon drawn, he announced his presence, and almost immediately was punched in the side of the head by Robinson, according to Ozanne.
Emphasis mine

And what would have happened if Robinson had taken Officer Kenny's gun ? Would we be reading about Ofcr.Kenny's death instead ?

:moo:

Ozanne said that the officer was hit so hard it left a mark/damage on the sheetrock wall when his head hit up against it.

I don't know why this mom wants to re-write history and make her son into something he wasn't. Her son was anything but gentle that day. He was very violent even to his own friends who were scared of him. Does she not even believe them?

But that seems to be the case lately in a lot of these situations and those who are violent and have a criminal past all of a sudden turn into gentle wonderful people.

I am very sorry her son died. Any loss of life is tragic but the police officer did nothing wrong. I feel sure he didn't want to shoot him but he knew if he fell backwards down the stairs after being sucker punched Tony could have gotten his weapon and could have shot him and may have gone on to shoot others.

I know this is a very dumb question but what is schrooms? I may have misspelled it. Sorry. I heard it mentioned by the DA today.

Does it make someone become extremely combative and violent?

IMO

shrooms= mushrooms= PEYOTE

They are not usually considered a violent high. Often people get 'deep' into thought and emotions. But it is a hallucinogen and one never knows what can happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966
Back