DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of observations from Facebook:

Savvas Savopoulous posted he had started a new job in San Juan, Puerto Rico, in December of 2014. Was he commuting back to DC???

Abigail Savopoulous, the older daughter, posted that she lives in Charlotte Amalie, VI. I thought the family owned a condo in St. Croix???

St. Croix is the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Is Charlotte Amalie on another island? Not sure of the connection. Wondering if they had another condo at one tome or other investments there.

RBBM.
My DH loves those types of buckets.
He uses them for lots of things, gardening scraps I annoyingly leave behind, paint, bird seed to carry out to the feeders, you name it.

He also has one for me when I do spring cleaning. I use it as a mop bucket, I fill it with diluted Murphy's Oil Soap to clean cabinets, diluted vinegar and water for the windows (you get the idea).

He takes the handles off of them.
I don't think we own one of these type buckets that still has the handle attached.

I have no idea why it was reported that what this person is holding is a paper bag.
I'm telling ya I am a bucket expert LOL and this person is carrying a bucket.

And I'm totally agreeing with you, there is no doubt in my mind that it is a 5 gallon bucket!!

I don't think I need to ask this one .. but in regards to motivation and in the style of WFG's question, with 1 being personal, and 10 being financial .. where would you rank this one?
I'm tempted to throw down a big 10 as this one feels really personal, down to the torching of the Porsche miles from home.

But in my recent past I also thought a double homicide in Metairie LA just HAD to be family-related, and -- pending trial, of course -- it turned out to be a random crime done for gain.

So.

Errrr....a one I mean; read it wrong, lol. A GREAT BIG 1!

BBM ... Yes, absolutely, though I hope I'm wrong. Kill everyone while they're sleeping. Get rid of car to make it look like someone else did it --- perhaps hoping surviving children never know the truth. Return to house, start fire, kill self. MOO.

If you're right that would have to be Amy .. it's actually not too far fetched really, except for the missing money etc, it would explain the text to the housekeeper.

St. Croix is the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Is Charlotte Amalie on another island? Not sure of the connection. Wondering if they had another condo at one tome or other investments there.

It's on St Thomas

I don't think I need to ask this one .. but in regards to motivation and in the style of WFG's question, with 1 being personal, and 10 being financial .. where would you rank this one?

At this point, I'm thinking it's revenge regarding business, so not sure that's personal or financial. Maybe that's a 5 for now?

At this point, I'm thinking it's revenge regarding business, so not sure that's personal or financial. Maybe that's a 5 for now?

Yep I'd agree, that's a 5 .. 'personal because of money' .. right bang in the middle .. I think that's it too.

I think less financially driven...the perp is a sick evil person who did this for a reason other than $$, revenge maybe or some insane reason we would not think of.

Charlotte Amalie is on St. Thomas, USVI-- There are 3 USVIs: St Thomas, St Croix and St John.

I would say 4. I think it is business related. I believe the perp showed up the evening before. Didn't know how long things would take. I think the mother said that they had another house keeper showing up the following morning. I think the mother sent the text to the house keeper to send up warning signs and to say they were in danger. I do not think it was a murder suicide or a twisted lover or about family money. Couple things bothering me:

1. Most of adult males associates on social media are well respected people in the martial arts arena. I am assuming that adult male knows martial arts as well but don't know how to confirm that. If so I would think the perp(s) would have a hard time getting at the adult male and killing him in such a close hands on way.

2. Time Line: I thought it said somewhere that the perp(s) left the house around 10:30 a.m. But the fire didn't start till 1:30 pm. The video time stamp for the suspect was at 5:30. So if he/she/they left at 10:30 am how did the fire not start till 1:30 p.m.? What were they doing with the vehicle for over 7 to 4 hours?

3. The video of a suspect. They seem pretty small with a long gape in the middle. A little feminine stature. Seems female to me. Tight fitting jeans at the ankle and didn't see much of a muscle structure on the body.

I don't think the person who did this is stupid I actually think they are smart and had a purpose for everything they did. I believe it was planned. I am curious about the white bucket because it seems light in nature. The person switches hands with it quite easily and seems to be quite comfortable using it. The person seemed to know where they were going and what they were doing. Walked very much with a purpose.Screenshot_2015-05-17_22-05-21.jpg

Just a couple of observations from Facebook:

Savvas Savopoulous posted he had started a new job in San Juan, Puerto Rico, in December of 2014. Was he commuting back to DC???

Abigail Savopoulous, the older daughter, posted that she lives in Charlotte Amalie, VI. I thought the family owned a condo in St. Croix???

It's been reported SS owns property in St Croix, I don't know, but SS's parents also own property there.

I think what order the victims were killed in will be VERY telling.
We can only verify for sure that the father was alive Thursday morning.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the others were already dead by then and he was alive for financial reasons.

However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Amy was kept alive longer and the text to the housekeeper was really from her.
(Trying to send up a warning to the housekeeper that the housekeeper simply didn't grasp.)

The boy and housekeeper could have been dead elsewhere, while the parents thought they were simply tied up.
(Especially if the boy and housekeeper were home alone when this all started and the parents came home later.)
The parents could have been kept alive to keep people away from the house and get money from them.

I could also believe a murder suicide with the father as the perp...
However, if that was the case, the housekeeper makes no sense.
If this man wanted to kill his family he could have killed them while they slept... with no one else in the house. :twocents:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29072991/dc-fire-community-mourns

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 9 AM - A Savopoulos family employee received a text message from Amy Savopoulos that read, "Stay home, we're not feeling well."

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 10 AM - That same employee tried calling Amy Savopoulos, but there was no answer.

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 10:30 AM - A blue 2008 Porsche 911 with D.C. license plate DK2418 was seen at the Savopoulos' home. Lanier later revealed that car belongs to the Savopoulos family.

THURSDAY, JUST AFTER 1:30 PM - A fire was reported at the Savopoulos' home.

THURSDAY, JUST AFTER 5 PM - The blue Porsche seen at the Savopoulos' home earlier in the day was found torched in a New Carrollton, Md. parking lot.

Gutierrez said she had never known Figueroa to stay overnight. "Never, never did she stay over," Gutierrez said.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html

I'm not too proud to pimp my own question.

At this point, eight have I think responded with a number and the average ranks at 7.0.

Yes, I'm with that estimation too. It's the imagery provided by the neighbour of the dogs playing in the yard and the gardeners working while the smoke was coming out of the window that did it for me.

"Police described the scene around the bodies as brutal, and say three of the four victims suffered blunt force or sharp object wounds, meaning they'd been beaten before the fire began."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-dc-arson-murder-affluent-neighborhood-still-mystery/

Not much new in this article. But beating three of these people to death seems very personal, especially coupled with the amount of time spent with them.

I don't know much about drugs, but even if the Perp were high on something, wouldn't it have worn off in all the hours that passed?

I'm still leaning to more than one intruders, simply for "management" purposes...a guy with a knife still needs to eat, go to the bathroom, etc. in all that time. But I suppose if he subdued them one by one, he may have had them tied up. But would the firemen UNTIE victims they were rescuing from a fire? Seems like they might still be bound as they were brought out.

My best guess (and I hate it) is that the Housekeeper and child were killed first, then the husband, as he arrived home. And the traumatized Mother was easy to control.

But why stay so long?

The housekeepers have been with the family so long, that I'd like to believe them above suspicion. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be someone they KNOW, as they were friends and probably had friends in common. It could even be as simple as someone stopping by to see the first housekeeper, taking something...the first housekeeper objects and is killed. Then the family starts arriving. The calls, texts, to the second housekeeper are the perp's genuine concern for her. The whole thing, a petty crime, may have escalated and the perp does not want to hurt another person he knows.

It is so frightening to imagine any scenario, and nothing seems to quite fit. The family seems happy, well-adjusted, an adoring daughter attests to the loving qualities of her Mother. The housekeepers are long term employees, seem to care about the family and each other. The neighborhood seems as if it should be one of the safest in America. And it was DAYTIME..When monsters do not come out of the dark.

This is such a puzzle and such a tragedy.

Seem unlikely to me that one rather small suspect (as seen on the video) could have controlled all four people, including the father. My guess is there is more than one person involved.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29072991/dc-fire-community-mourns

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 9 AM - A Savopoulos family employee received a text message from Amy Savopoulos that read, "Stay home, we're not feeling well."

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 10 AM - That same employee tried calling Amy Savopoulos, but there was no answer.

THURSDAY, APPROXIMATELY 10:30 AM - A blue 2008 Porsche 911 with D.C. license plate DK2418 was seen at the Savopoulos' home. Lanier later revealed that car belongs to the Savopoulos family.

THURSDAY, JUST AFTER 1:30 PM - A fire was reported at the Savopoulos' home.

THURSDAY, JUST AFTER 5 PM - The blue Porsche seen at the Savopoulos' home earlier in the day was found torched in a New Carrollton, Md. parking lot.

Gutierrez said she had never known Figueroa to stay overnight. "Never, never did she stay over," Gutierrez said.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html

That's a different text message than we've seen. This one seems more "normal" than the blunt version we've seen before. The housekeeper received a call that that family was sick on Wednesday night and then the reminder blunt text on Thursday - at least that's my understanding.

That's a different text message than we've seen. This one seems more "normal" than the blunt version we've seen before. The housekeeper received a call that that family was sick on Wednesday night and then the reminder blunt text on Thursday - at least that's my understanding.
Yeah, that struck me too. Is it possible that they paraphrased it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle