DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question and maybe this has already been answered, but:

If Wint is the individual fleeing from the burning Porsche in MD, then where is the $40K that he stole? I am not sure $40K in cash would fit into a bucket (The bank withdrawals were all cash, right (that was later coverted to MOs)? In what denominations?). So imo, he had to have accomplices that took $40K somewhere else. Or may be I am missing something, does anyone know how the $40K was moved after crimes or if Wint hall all the money in his possession after allegedly fleeing from burning Porsche in MD? Jmo+tia/

40K were in bundles. One bucket is way more than enough to put 40K in. 40K were in $100 bills. Some of the money were found when DWint was arrested. Apparently not all 40K.

40K were in bundles. One bucket is way more than enough to put 40K in. 40K were in $100 bills. Some of the money were found when DWint was arrested. Apparently not all 40K.

If anybody is curious, just found this (general dollar bill thickness):

The thickness of a single one dollar bills measures .0043 inches or .0000000679 miles. The height of a stack of 100 one dollar bills measures .43 inches. The height of a stack of 1,000 one dollar bills measures 4.3 inches.

Edit: so $40,000 in $100 bills is 400 bills = 1.72"

The driver:

I think part of the reason he lied was embarrassment. He put the money in a red bag. Maybe he was told to bring a bag and didn't know what size he would need. So what kind of bag was it? Maybe a shopping bag? Those are often semi translucent. But if taking a pic of the money, depending on the size of the bag and how it was laying you might only see the top two bundles. But you took a lot of pleasure in handling that money, in sending that pic. Most people live and die without ever handling $40,000. But then that money ended up figuring heavily in 4 horrendous deaths. Suddenly your facination with that money seems ludicrous.

Now the story about whether the car was locked or unlocked I am having trouble explaining. Maybe it was supposed to be locked?

Part of me wonders if DW was just in on this alone, but where is the rest of the money? What is it that LE knows that leads them to believe there were others involved? I'm assuming DW is not saying squat. I wonder if they have a good idea of who is I involved and are just biding time until that person or persons slips?

It doesn't make sense that Wint would drive the easily, identifiable Porsche as a get away car unless his get away plans had changed IMO. Thinking about the second, uneaten pizza I wonder if one of the "others" LE has said was/were involved, took off when they realized the brutality Wint was capable of and had planned.

Part of me wonders if DW was just in on this alone, but where is the rest of the money? What is it that LE knows that leads them to believe there were others involved? I'm assuming DW is not saying squat. I wonder if they have a good idea of who is I involved and are just biding time until that person or persons slips?

There was a latent print found in the home that doesn't seem to have been matched yet. So that is one possibility. Or they could just be going by the fact that they don't believe that one person could subdue all 4.

I read on another forum that it was reported by one of the local DC reporters last week that the cash had been requested on Monday.

The thickness of a single one dollar bills measures .0043 inches or .0000000679 miles. The height of a stack of 100 one dollar bills measures .43 inches. The height of a stack of 1,000 one dollar bills measures 4.3 inches.

Yes $40k would fit in pockets.

Yes. 40K would easily fit in a bucket and in fact there would be a lot of empty space left in the bucket.

There was a latent print found in the home that doesn't seem to have been matched yet. So that is one possibility. Or they could just be going by the fact that they don't believe that one person could subdue all 4.

SS's hobby was martial arts. So it's hard to believe a small guy like DW could subdue the whole family, especially the father. I have a hard time believing it myself.

It doesn't make sense that Wint would drive the easily, identifiable Porsche as a get away car unless his get away plans had changed IMO. Thinking about the second, uneaten pizza I wonder if one of the "others" LE has said was/were involved, took off when they realized the brutality Wint was capable of and had planned.

I don't think he intended to keep the vehicle. He just wanted a chance to drive it. May have been
impulsive. Splitting up was probably planned. 1 stranger in the neighborhood is less noticible than a bunch.

I read on another forum that it was reported by one of the local DC reporters last week that the cash had been requested on Monday.

There's been a lot of things reported, and a lot of things that were reported turned out to be wrong. At least in the police report, it doesn't say anything about money being requested before Wednesday.

The phone calls will likely lead to the answers. If SS was attempting to signal imoo he would not have involved the assistant/driver and maybe not NG when he could have used accountant or relatives ie smart trusted people. If as I believe he decided to comply hoping to save family and not signal ...makes more sense to have called Assistant. But. A flurry of calls to Assistant from Wed to just before the fire? Why?

Someone had to leave at least SS while the money was retrieved form the unlocked car in the garage. If acting alone, would DW risk leaving someone alive and alone while he made sure the money was really there? Would he trust someone from within the family to go down there to get the money? If he had a helper or a ring leader would he trust them to go alone to retrieve the money?

I believe he had a helper who had stashed a get away vehicle. Or he and possibly another left in the Porsche. That car was MIA for 3.5 hours. So, he could have dropped someone off before torching the car.

SS's hobby was martial arts. So it's hard to believe a small guy like DW could subdue the whole family, especially the father. I have a hard time believing it myself.

It has been theorized and I agree, that if he had gotten there and subdued Phillip and the women, then SS would have complied under threat of harm coming to them.

The driver:

I think part of the reason he lied was embarrassment. He put the money in a red bag. Maybe he was told to bring a bag and didn't know what size he would need. So what kind of bag was it? Maybe a shopping bag? Those are often semi translucent. But if taking a pic of the money, depending on the size of the bag and how it was laying you might only see the top two bundles. But you took a lot of pleasure in handling that money, in sending that pic. Most people live and die without ever handling $40,000. But then that money ended up figuring heavily in 4 horrendous deaths. Suddenly your facination with that money seems ludicrous.

Now the story about whether the car was locked or unlocked I am having trouble explaining. Maybe it was supposed to be locked?
I agree with you. Just because only two bundles were visible in the photo, doesn't mean only two bundles were in the bag at the time the photo was taken. Maybe the other two bundles were on the bottom of the bag and not visible. Anyhow, police haven't arrested anyone else yet, and if more people were involved, I really hope arrests are made soon.

Not to knock martial arts, but they are sorta overrated in street fight scenarios. It can be a contentious topic, but I'm just sayin'...

You can look up street fight vs (insert martial art) videos on youtube, or even just wrestler vs. (whatever martial art) on youtube. A quick take down by somebody who had any wrestling experience on somebody trained in a martial art that requires standing up for most of the fight will quickly change the game.

Someone had to leave at least SS alone while the money was retrieved form the unlocked car in the garage. If acting alone, would DW risk leaving someone alive and alone while he made sure the money was really there? Would he trust someone from within the family to go down there to get the money? If he had a helper or a ring leader would he trust them to go alone to retrieve the money?

I believe he had a helper who had stashed a get away vehicle. Or he and possibly another left in the Porsche. That car was MIA for 3.5 hours. So, he could have dropped someone off before torching the car.
There were reports that family was duct taped. Perp could have them duct taped to their chairs. So then he could leave them for at least a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280