DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Supposedly the registration on the Mosler had lapsed. So if JW was driving it in April it was without current registration. Insurance requires that the vehicle is registered. So was JW tooling around town in a $700,000 car that was not properly insured? This isn't making sense.

SS was probably with him... IDK, this registration being in WJ's backpack is soo crazy IMO, other posts suggest that JW was getting the registration renewed for SS, others... he was planning theft, what's everybody opinion?

IDK

Worked For?

The poor lady was a contractor maid who was killed in their house while working.

I doubt this would be be some hand me down situation for her family.

She was contracted. She was killed on the premises while providing for her family.

So the estate of the contractees should not feel that this contractor's family gets some kind of financial relief because of some mishap?

The lady worked for her family. She was killed at work. But her family should feel like a nuisance for getting anything when it's time to move on?

folks who work as independent contractors can obtain their own worker's comp insurance. I don't know if Vera was or wasn't but nothing prevents her family from filing a claim against the "S" estate in Probate Court and a Judge will decide.

JMO

plenty of 9/10, even 8 year olds have sleepobers. My daughter has been invited to about three and she hasn't slept over at any. Well she did attend one and I got the adjacent room and she slept with me when it was time to go to bed. I'm super protective *shrugs*

How about we just say that we hope that the family is giving something to VF's family and keep it moving? The nuisance comment makes me feel uncomfortable and probably others as well. I get what you're saying though. Completely! Like I said earlier, It's the delivery...

KEEP IT MOVING.

ABOUT TIME.

NOW YOU SPEAKA MY Language.

I was getting tired if the maids family doesn't deserve nothing crap even though she died in the line of duty.

But.

I will keep it moving.

Thanks for the reminder.

Has anyone seen the Mosler move? I am wondering if it is even running at this time. Could be parts missing?

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

Well there's a PS FB account that was changed to 'Remembering PS' as were SS & AS

SS was probably with him... IDK, this registration being in WJ's backpack is soo crazy IMO, other posts suggest that JW was getting the registration renewed for SS, others... he was planning theft, what's everybody opinion?

IDK

In DC, you can renew your car registration on line. I can see no reason why JW would have the Mosler registration in his possession, even if it was expired. This is reason enough for LE to have him in their sights, IMO.

Does anyone else think that the other maid set this up?

Home invaders rarely come off a 40k hit.

So was someone affiliated with dad on the scam.

Has anyone seen the Mosler move? I am wondering if it is even running at this time. Could be parts missing?

That's what I'm wondering because I doubt it was always kept in their garage. The photo JW took of it wasn't taken in their garage. If parts were stolen off of it in the days PRIOR to the murder, it could be the reason why it was moved to the garage and it would explain why JW had the registration with the VIN number in his car.

JMO

How about we just say that we hope that the family is giving something to VF's family and keep it moving? The nuisance comment makes me feel uncomfortable and probably others as well. I get what you're saying though. Completely! Like I said earlier, It's the delivery...

Nuisance is the term used by insurance companies when a claim doesn't have legal validity, but it's cheaper to pay out than fight in court.

I was wondering if any jewelry was stolen . I would imagine AS might have had some nice pieces of jewelry and if anyone tried to fence anything .

sbm

Is it poss that Audi is titled & registered in the name of the older daughter, but she did not have it as boarding school? Okay, not likely. Also per ToS we should not post to verify, if true. Or titled & registered in name of a trust?
What about CO? I thought S fam had property (home? ranch?) in CO. In other states?

Take a look at Google street view of the house, and look at the 32nd Street view (around the corner). The Audi has just pulled out of the driveway and is leaving, Of course, the license plate is blurred.

I was wondering if any jewelry was stolen . I would imagine AS might have had some nice pieces of jewelry and if anyone tried to fence anything .

So far, released SW's haven't indicated any jewelry was missing, but that doesn't mean other items weren't removed from the home.

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

PS did have a facebook account. He was "friends" with his mom, his sister, his grandfather and his racing coach, amongst others. Lots of race car drivers. :)

Not challenging this at all! Just wondering if you mean claim AGAINST hospital for remuneration for trying to save her life and failing to or some other circumstance? Maybe you meant a claim for the hospital bill which might have been incurred.

Well, let's not forget, the "inheritance" is probably going to their surviving "children". Sorry, but just because someone has worked for or inherited "millions" doesn't entitle someone else to it. That always ashtonishes me that some people feel so entitled to someone else's money simply because they are wealthy. JMO

IDK

It wasn't a selfie on the freeway. Both pics were in boring looking parking lots.

In DC, you can renew your car registration on line. I can see no reason why JW would have the Mosler registration in his possession, even if it was expired. This is reason enough for LE to have him in their sights, IMO.

Maybe thats what WJ was doing. Maybe he was going to do it online or at the dmv. I can't think of one usefull reason besides that to have an expired registration card. It's not like you can do anything with it. I really think it's much ado about nothing. oops JW not WJ

Thank you. If he dropped the money off, knew the family was dead, could he
have taken it then? Or was this a plan that went wrong somehow. I don't think he realized LE would be taking his car that evening. Is WJ the type of person to
carry his passport with him? Or was he prepared in case a problem arose?

Maybe thats what WJ was doing. Maybe he was going to do it online or at the dmv. I can't think of one usefull reason besides that to have an expired registration card. It's not like you can do anything with it. I really think it's much ado about nothing. oops JW not WJ

I don't think that you can do much of anything as far as selling a Mosler with just a registration. Most DMVs want a signed and notarized title to transfer ownership. An expired registration is of absolutely no use if you are pulled over.

DEXTER........we can agree to disagree.......I hear you......let's move on

:deadhorse:

Take a look at Google street view of the house, and look at the 32nd Street view (around the corner). The Audi has just pulled out of the driveway and is leaving, Of course, the license plate is blurred.

Not that it matters...but it is parked, not driving away.

I don't think that you can do much of anything as far as selling a Mosler with just a registration. Most DMVs want a signed and notarized title to transfer ownership. An expired registration is of absolutely no use if you are pulled over.

Maybe he was going to use the registration to obtain a copy of the title? And just maybe prior to killing him, SS was forced to sign the title?

JMO

So far, released SW's haven't indicated any jewelry was missing, but that doesn't mean other items weren't removed from the home.

It is rather strange...if there was stuff missing, you would think there would be some sort of public lookout.

If they put out info to the pawn shops, etc...is there any way that wouldn't be in the media??

Again, I am asking...because I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa