MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry katydid, I had trouble with both links but found another:

http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-pro...reddie-gray-autopsy-142841950--business.html#

"The move is the latest effort by Mosby's office to restrict information in the high-profile case. Prosecutors have sought a gag order to prevent participants from discussing the case in public, and have broken with a long-standing practice by not giving a copy of the autopsy report to Baltimore police."

Something STINKS, methinks! It's going to get very interesting when these autopsy results finally come out...I don't think MM would be terribly concerned about them leaking out if they supported the charges she brought. JMOO, but I think there is something there, like the article said, a pre-existing condition or something that point towards self-injury...time will tell.

:gaah: mm still hasn't released the knife to the defense. if she hasn't done that - no way she's gonna give up the autopsy results. yup, both do smell.

What's she trying to hide?

Well, from the first stories I thought all the cops were white....and the implications were that it was a completely racist act.

And now hiding the autopsies....why?

We all know how Mosby has always described herself as the product of five generations of law enforcement. And it has always made me wonder why she would keep evidence sand autopsy reports secret while 6 cops lives hang in the balance. Then I read this Baltimore Sun article:

Prosecutor Mosby’s complex “police family background”
State's attorney's life story gives her an apt perspective on law enforcement issues raised by the Freddie Gray case
Fern Shen May 8, 2015 at 1:51 pm Story Link 160

She also regularly brings up her family’s deep roots – “five generations,” she told CNN’s Don Lemon – in law enforcement. Mosby

“

Growing up in a law enforcement family, she has said repeatedly, helped shape her personally and as a prosecutor.

That family background is an especially useful point of inquiry as Mosby – at 35, one of the youngest top prosecutors of a major American city – steps into the middle of the intense and highly polarized national debate about the breakdown of trust between police and citizens in poor neighborhoods.

And that’s even more true because of details she has not yet shared publicly, one of which is that her father was, in her words as quoted in a campaign document, “a crooked cop.”

Dismissed from Force

In 1989, her father, Alan C. James, and another Boston police officer were alleged (along with a third unidentified suspect) to have flashed badges and robbed young men in Dorchestser, according to a September 14, 1989 story in the Boston Globe. The officers were charged with two counts of armed robbery and three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, the Globe said.

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2015/...-family-background-is-impressive-and-complex/

Something STINKS, methinks! It's going to get very interesting when these autopsy results finally come out...I don't think MM would be terribly concerned about them leaking out if they supported the charges she brought. JMOO, but I think there is something there, like the article said, a pre-existing condition or something that point towards self-injury...time will tell.

I remember the whole crushed voicebox leak.....that implied someone else did it and could not have been self inflicted.

Why and who leaked that??

First news was, crushed voice box and white cops...hmmm.

The ONLY person that I have seen quoted about the alleged crushed voicebox is Billy Murphy, the attorney for the Gray family and personal friend, mentor, attorney and campaign contributor of M. Mosby. The rest of the media ran with that but I have seen nothing from anybody else about it.

This is insanity, IMO. Doesn't the discovery process compel the state to make the evidence available to the defense usually? I thought that was the law. How are they supposed to prepare a defense if they aren't even allowed to see the autopsy report? Has anyone ever heard of a case being handled this way?

I believe there is something very sinister going on here...why hide this info from the public and the defense if it is favorable to the prosecution? I would think that the SA would WANT the public to know that there is evidence to support the charges against the officers. And there have been TWO autopsies done but no results??? I think the defense needs to get an order to exhume the body and do their own.

And this lady is saying she hasn't had enough time? Really? But she has time to be the ringmaster for the circus (LITERALLY) and be onstage with Prince. The lunatics are running the asylum at this point. All MOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge orders Mosby to respond to defense motions in Freddie Gray case by June 26

By Kevin Rector, The Baltimore Sun
June 5, 2015, 6:26 pm
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-ci-gray-motions-deadline-20150605-story.html

"Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby has until June 26 to respond to three defense motions in the high-stakes trial of six officers in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray, a judge has ordered...."

I know this case seems to be moving along, but it seems as if it's going slow. I just know there are cops sitting at home without pay that just might be innocent. And how MM is handling the case does not seem fair, I am glad a judge is now in the house.

I know this case seems to be moving along, but it seems as if it's going slow. I just know there are cops sitting at home without pay that just might be innocent. And how MM is handling the case does not seem fair, I am glad a judge is now in the house.

Well said. I totally agree.

I think it is fair to say that they should be paid until such a time that they get convicted. Innocent until proven guilty.
As for MM, I like her. I think she has a smoking gun, one that needs to be kept quiet or else all hell is going to break loose. JMO

I think it is fair to say that they should be paid until such a time that they get convicted. Innocent until proven guilty.
As for MM, I like her. I think she has a smoking gun, one that needs to be kept quiet or else all hell is going to break loose. JMO

Has MM released the autopsy report(s) to Defense attorneys yet? If not, why do you think that is CoolJ? I think there are a number of ways to interpret why MM doesn't want autopsy report(s) released to public and/or defense yet. Jmo/

wow - a must watch from last nite's greta's show: mosby trying to scare cops - hide something in gray case

http://video.foxnews.com/v/42791959...g-in-gray-case/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

I've heard the same on the SHannity show and MKelly show.

Maybe MM needs to take a break in Baltimore and stop in Vero, FLA for another LE van problem.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/watch/man-mysteriously-dies-in-police-custody/vp-BBkKZv2

Odd that there's hardly any mention of it. No media craziness, no protests, no riots, no prosecutor making speeches, and no Prince concert.

I'd say all hell has broken loose, and we will be paying for her rush to judgement for a very long time across the nation. The innocent people of Baltimore I suspect are already feeling the results of lawlessness due to the demonization of law enforcement. Tie the hands of police, and watch what happens.

Police officers are the first line of defense for law abiding and vulnerable citizens from criminals, gangs, thieves, drug dealers, ****s and the list goes on.

AG, politicians and lawyers are not on the streets protecting us, cops are. A little more respect shown to LE might be in order, instead of cussing at them, throwing rocks and running from them when they want to question you, etc. etc.

But, that's just how I was raised and what I believe.

This is starting to remind me of the Duke Lacrosse case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa