DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never read that -- when I listened to it, it just sounded like a bunch of undifferentiated sounds, but it definitely sounded like someone young yelling in the background, and that's when SS said, "we're going through something with Philip." I hate thinking about that aspect of the case :(

ETA: Here's the link -- http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...homicide-house-fire-investigation-114066.html

I have avoided this topic because it is something I don't want to listen to after reading here. Saying that I am wondering if the fact that someone can be heard in "the background", is that why LE believes that there was more then one there because someone would have been with SS while he was on the phone and someone else was with who ever in the background. jmo idk

A couple weeks ago I went back & listened and thought also it wasn't just "screams." It's like he was being argumentative w/someone. I think he knew SS was on the phone. IMO it sounded like he was saying "I don't ... [you] ... don't want pizza."

I have avoided this topic because it is something I don't want to listen to after reading here. Saying that I am wondering if the fact that someone can be heard in "the background", is that why LE believes that there was more then one there because someone would have been with SS while he was on the phone and someone else was with who ever in the background. jmo idk

I completely agree but didn't want to join in the bickering. If SS was on the phone leaving a message, I'm sure someone was there overhearing his every word but it seems apparent that someone had to also be there subduing little P thus his arguing?!?!

Amscot advertises free money orders are always free there. This is the type of place I think they were getting them at. One on every other corner it seems.

Maybe but not necessarily. It is possible that Phillip was tied up there in the same room, and was yelling at the person that was holding the phone for SS. Perhaps Mom was trying to calm Phillip down in order to protect him and he was screaming anyway?

I know it could mean there were two people, but not necessarily.

Yes, the abc voicemail is the clearest I think...still unsure what's said though. Guys, not to beat a dead horse, but what's the final consensus on the alarm system? Even if it wasn't turned on, how did he know that? By casing the place he wouldn't know that. Who is brave enough to break into a house in broad daylight when you know they have a state of the art alarm? I'm just bothered by this. What made him think it wouldn't be on? Just taking a gamble? Please let me know if I missed something crucial here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the abc voicemail is the clearest I think...still unsure what's said though. Guys, not to beat a dead horse, but what's the final consensus on the alarm system? Even if it wasn't turned on, how did he know that? By casing the place he wouldn't know that. Who is brave enough to break into a house in broad daylight when you know they have a state of the art alarm? I'm just bothered by this. What made him think it wouldn't be on? Just taking a gamble? Please let me know if I missed something crucial here.

That's why I think he hid in the yard and waited for someone to walk out the door, and then forced them back inside. The alarm would have been deactivated while VF left her shift, for example. And she could have been shoved back inside, knowing the alarm was off at that moment.

Oh don't worry about beating dead horses, after-all there were pages of parental debate about whether or not sleepovers and cell phones for kids are a good thing ;-)

Looking back at the news clips, they show LE scrutinizing what look like cameras outside the home. The SW authorized police to search for a security system DVR. I strongly suspect that LE thinks there is footage but that they need to find the storage device. I'm sorry, I can't easily find the link to the SW. Maybe someone else has it?

A couple weeks ago I went back & listened and thought also it wasn't just "screams." It's like he was being argumentative w/someone. I think he knew SS was on the phone. IMO it sounded like he was saying "I don't ... [you] ... don't want pizza."

Maybe but not necessarily. It is possible that Phillip was tied up there in the same room, and was yelling at the person that was holding the phone for SS. Perhaps Mom was trying to calm Phillip down in order to protect him and he was screaming anyway?

I know it could mean there were two people, but not necessarily.

You know? Anything at is "possible" in this case. We just don't know.

He very well could have been in the same room but with my perception of the distant voices and the perception he was held captive in his room, we just do the know, do we,? So why not think of other scenarios????

Regarding the value of the cars. I don't believe any of us know what options these cars had or the mileage. You can pour a crapload of $$$ into a Mosler OR a Porsche, and, while it will bring up the value (a lot), there may not be a market for it. My husband cares more about the options in his cars and making them faster/unique than about the furniture in our house. It's a car thing.

There's a market in high-end luxury cars always. In China, such cars are worth almost twice whatever their worth here. I'd say just my opinion but google--interpol has an an entire report on the markets and lots of discussion and new reports on the various ways in which stolen vehicles, especially high-end, can be marketed.

If a car ring is operating, and they do, sometimes out of organized crime, means and tools (high tech too) are already on board and the usual suspects buy on the black market, or the ring knows where and how to turn over the goods.

In this case, yes, it is a stretch to imagine the alleged perp or anyone behind this horror, had a practical and doable plane to steal the Mosler and raise big money on it because logistics seem over-complicated--get into it, disassemble, take away from scene, store, then ship, possibly have to forge a title, erase and etch in VIN. Yes, there are countries, and Interpol is asking for legislation/regulation on this, that don't check VIN, and where the market works with corrupt enforcement.

So what are the chances? IDK. JMO some dreamer and bungler who thought himself a "master-mind" might have forged a plot revolving around the Mosler, a failed one obviously.

Could also have involved another or other cars or some type of identity theft with a quick pay off before discovery.

None of us know much, but my theory is that a person or a gang who thought they could get away with the crime we see, which so far could be only part of the proposed crime, is evil, amateurish, and has an inflated ego. For such a mind, any plan is possible, no matter how unfeasible.

The same naive people could have thought that SS kept wads of cash at home.

They could have known big ole safe in the garage. Any one who ever was in the garage or saw it open would know. In their "lives of the rich n famous" fantasy, Mr. Savopoulos could keep the key to a safety deposit box there and a cool million. He must be keeping valuable commodity in a safe. How disappointing it must have been to get the key from him only to find worthless documents or car keys or a spare set of gardening gloves. JMO

You know? Anything at is "possible" in this case. We just don't know.

He very well could have been in the same room but with my perception of the distant voices and the perception he was held captive in his room, we just do the know, do we,? So why not think of other scenarios????

This is the first time I have heard the voice mail. God bless that little boy! Only 10 years old and he had the moxie to question those evil people? MOO.

I don't know for sure if this is correct because I never listened to that voicemail myself (and to be honest I don't think I could do it...:() and I don't know if I saw this on this thread or somewhere else but I remember seeing someone post that they thought he was saying 'what are you doing? stop'

Again, have no idea of the veracity of that. Maybe someone who listened to it could correct me.

Here is where I read that: http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/5115/471170.page#7060496. It was posted on DC urban moms forum (which is also, incidentally, how i found out about websleuths. I live in DC and started reading about this horrific crime on DCUM then someone there linked to this forum)

I hope it's ok to post this link. My apologies if not.

Was anyone here able to get a look at DDW's and JW's friends list, and cross-check them, before their Facebook pages were taken down? I can't help but think that JW's flashy pictures or talk might have gotten through to DDW somehow and he saw an "opportunity."

Here, around 1:50: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

That's the most complete clip of the VM I've heard. FWIW, I do hear someone in the background who sounds MOST unhappy, and it does sound like language, not a scream to me, but I can't tell what words are being said.

Wow I think ABC has edited that, I remember PS's yelling being much more noticeable and longer in duration. I think they did a little background muting on it.
I think no one really noticed it when they chose to first release this, then people started talking about PS in the background and now it is hard to find the original unedited version.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I agree that it sounded like he was "arguing" with someone but couldn't tell what exactly what he was saying. But, if you notice, this was right before SS mentioned issues with little P as if he was trying to cover for the outburst that may have been heard over the phone?!?!
So while some perp. might have been doing something to P. or just P. alone trying to alert, SS got warning to "cover story" the noise. JMG (just my guess), one perp manning SS on call, while another using P. to threaten and/or there to stop any further outburst. My guess is controlling the phone msgs. and controlling the other victims while phone msgs. being made takes more than one unless all victims in same room at same time (which is possible).
Still sticks in my mind that on CD, reported that investigators believe the crimes (which would include kidnapping, murders, and setting house on fire) "required" the assistance of one of more accomplices.

Wow I think ABC has edited that, I remember PS's yelling being much more noticeable and longer in duration. I think they did a little background muting on it.
I think no one really noticed it when they chose to first release this, then people started talking about PS in the background and now it is hard to find the original unedited version.

Agreed- the original version had much more background yelling than the one they have up now. It originally got released very quickly after the crime, IIRC, and maybe ABC just didn't realize what that noise was or could be.

That's why I think he hid in the yard and waited for someone to walk out the door, and then forced them back inside. The alarm would have been deactivated while VF left her shift, for example. And she could have been shoved back inside, knowing the alarm was off at that moment.

Forced entry was discovered on side door.

Has it ever been released what time SS call or text JW to tell him that he needed him to pick up the package in the morning?

I saw someone post earlier today that Phillip Savopoulos Sr. had a long standing lawsuit with his partners in AIW. Does anyone know more about that angle for a motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get