DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forced entry was discovered on side door.

I believe that the forced entry was that door that was removed from the side, and covered with the plywood - described as a French-type door.

I also believe that the picture that was released is NOT that door! That door is not the French type door that they had on that home.

That is an interior 6 panel-type door

31db20da-6be8-4eb0-8a35-2f4258ec2d4d_1000.jpg

That knob on the photo with the footprint is not an exterior type door...of any kind. So maybe someone(s) hiding in an interior room, and he kicked the door in.

That is my take on that boot print.

I heard the initial VM left for the housekeeper, and it did sound like the boy was saying "What are you doing? Stop!" ... it's all so horrid that possibly the details are not being released because they're so gruesome...

ie: Perhaps there was only one person involved, and he put gasoline on everyone to control them. So whenever someone was on the phone/texting, or ordering pizza, he stood there with matches near a loved one.
I also think the bodies will reveal DNA from the killer.
I keep thinking there's only Wint...but the assistant hasn't helped himself with his lies.
Anyone know if the accountant knew the assistant was putting the $$ into the garage? No news on the accountant...SOMEONE should've had red flags raised...banker, acct., assistant...too many chances to save these poor people.

I don't think he stayed in that house for some 19 hrs smelling gasoline. jmo

I agree. If you have a knife to someone you love's throat...I would think it wouldn't be that difficult to control.

Do what I say or I cut!

"OK, OK...I will jump through 10,000 hoops and then spin 50,000 times on one leg!"

Oh. Good point...so maybe the gasoline was an afterthought...if the lawn crew was there, maybe that ticked off the killer because he could not leave with the $$$.

I still don't get why there's no security footage...most are backed up to a remote place that keeps the footage...no need to even turn the video on, especially the outside one...those are automatic.

Wow I think ABC has edited that, I remember PS's yelling being much more noticeable and longer in duration. I think they did a little background muting on it.
I think no one really noticed it when they chose to first release this, then people started talking about PS in the background and now it is hard to find the original unedited version.

Yes, I seem to remember PS's voice being louder and longer the time I listened. I didn't have my speakers plugged in, and the ones on my laptop don't go very loud, but I thought PS might have been screaming something that included "help", but I'm not real sure. :(

They could have known big ole safe in the garage. Any one who ever was in the garage or saw it open would know. In their "lives of the rich n famous" fantasy, Mr. Savopoulos could keep the key to a safety deposit box there and a cool million. He must be keeping valuable commodity in a safe. How disappointing it must have been to get the key from him only to find worthless documents or car keys or a spare set of gardening gloves. JMO

I think there may have been a door over the safe to have it appear as though it was just a storage cabinet. It looks to me like a wall panel or door behind LE while they were trying to get into it. If you look at the photo (photo #3), that wall panel or door is leaning against a post in the garage.

ETA... Sorry!!! Forgot to include the link!
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29222382/police-examine-large-safe-savopoulos-home

I believe that the forced entry was that door that was removed from the side, and covered with the plywood - described as a French-type door.

I also believe that the picture that was released is NOT that door! That door is not the French type door that they had on that home.

That is an interior 6 panel-type door

31db20da-6be8-4eb0-8a35-2f4258ec2d4d_1000.jpg

That knob on the photo with the footprint is not an exterior type door...of any kind. So maybe someone(s) hiding in an interior room, and he kicked the door in.

That is my take on that boot print.

The door photo is strange to me as well- MSM and the court docs state that a pane was broken, and the boot print was found on that door suggesting forced entry, and that the boot print did not match the boots worn by firefighters. The released picture of the boot print on the door does nothing to suggest there is a glass pane anywhere near there, though.

It could be an internal door, but I don't know why LE would be worried about comparing the boot to firefighters or saying that it suggests forced entry to the house. I don't think the FF would have needed to break in an interior door once in the house already, especially if the fire was so contained upstairs, and the door looks pretty untouched by fire as well (meaning, they wouldn't have been kicking it in by rooms where the fire was to get people).

IDK... I agree though that that picture does not really line up with the description of the door given. I don't know why they would be trying to mislead on that aspect, though... it's all pretty strange. Thanks for posting this- this is exactly the type of door that picture looks like. Not a french-style door at all.

Boot picture for those that might not have seen it:

[video=twitter;606838536881512449]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606838536881512449[/video]

Oh. Good point...so maybe the gasoline was an afterthought...if the lawn crew was there, maybe that ticked off the killer because he could not leave with the $$$.

I still don't get why there's no security footage...most are backed up to a remote place that keeps the footage...no need to even turn the video on, especially the outside one...those are automatic.
IIRC in news reports about potential evidence recovered from fire (abt. same time as pizza crust DNA discovery aired), a video listed as among contents to be processed. The implication was that the video might be significant to investigation. Although we point out instances of misreporting (and LE decried them), it is also possible some earlier news reports offer clues to what investigators discovered and leads they are still pursuing despite our hearing no further about them.

I saw someone post earlier today that Phillip Savopoulos Sr. had a long standing lawsuit with his partners in AIW. Does anyone know more about that angle for a motive?

Someone mentioned this very early on in the case. I just found some of it last night.... but, I don't think that we are allowed to discuss any of it.

Mods, can you please help? TIA

The door photo is strange to me as well- MSM and the court docs state that a pane was broken, and the boot print was found on that door suggesting forced entry, and that the boot print did not match the boots worn by firefighters. The released picture of the boot print on the door does nothing to suggest there is a glass pane anywhere near there, though.

It could be an internal door, but I don't know why LE would be worried about comparing the boot to firefighters or saying that it suggests forced entry to the house. I don't think the FF would have needed to break in an interior door once in the house already, especially if the fire was so contained upstairs, and the door looks pretty untouched by fire as well (meaning, they wouldn't have been kicking it in by rooms where the fire was to get people).

IDK... I agree though that that picture does not really line up with the description of the door given. I don't know why they would be trying to mislead on that aspect, though... it's all pretty strange. Thanks for posting this- this is exactly the type of door that picture looks like. Not a french-style door at all.

Boot picture for those that might not have seen it:

[video=twitter;606838536881512449]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606838536881512449[/video]

I think there was both...forced entry from outer, exterior door.

And my theory, regarding the boot print, was someone (possibly PS?) hiding behind a locked interior door. Though that picture doesn't show a knob that locks...maybe a slide bolt type lock on the other side of the door?

FPCYY.jpg

They ruled out that it was a Firefighter, so it must be Wint or some other intruder who kicked that interior door open.

Just my thoughts on the one piece of evidence we have actually seen. LOL!!

I think there were two different things found the boot mark on the door from the garage to the house, and the glass window pane from the French Doors. Didn't someone say maybe the contractor that the door from the house to garage self-locked. Could DW have accidentally locked himself out when he went to meet JW or get the cash? I wouldn't be surprised.

I heard the initial VM left for the housekeeper, and it did sound like the boy was saying "What are you doing? Stop!" ... it's all so horrid that possibly the details are not being released because they're so gruesome...

ie: Perhaps there was only one person involved, and he put gasoline on everyone to control them. So whenever someone was on the phone/texting, or ordering pizza, he stood there with matches near a loved one.
I also think the bodies will reveal DNA from the killer.
I keep thinking there's only Wint...but the assistant hasn't helped himself with his lies.
Anyone know if the accountant knew the assistant was putting the $$ into the garage? No news on the accountant...SOMEONE should've had red flags raised...banker, acct., assistant...too many chances to save these poor people.
You bring up a good point. I too wonder about the red flags... why didn't S's accountant, W1, pizza place or banker notify LE? Nothing was right about the money gathering or pizza order.

I think there were two different things found the boot mark on the door from the garage to the house, and the glass window pane from the French Doors. Didn't someone say maybe the contractor that the door from the house to garage self-locked. Could DW have accidentally locked himself out when he went to meet JW or get the cash? I wouldn't be surprised.

He said it needed a remote...LOL! I don't think that was an accurate reporting of what the contractor said - but that is just speculation on my part.

But either way, that door with the boot print doesn't have even a locking door knob...let alone some type of keypad entry lock.

I thought the contractor or someone with similar alarm from same contractor noted that the door from kitchen to garage self-locks. We don't know what the interior side looks like.

Has it ever been released what time SS call or text JW to tell him that he needed him to pick up the package in the morning?
I have not located a time. W1 has not been clear on this info.

He initially told police that Savvas Savopoulos called him the morning of May 14 and told him to get the money, according to court documents.

But he later told police, according to court documents, that his boss contacted him the night before — May 13 — and instructed him to collect the money.

Police will not say why Wallace had two versions of his account. Text messages found by police and obtained by The Washington Post show that Wallace sent a text to Savopoulos at 8:30 p.m. May 13: “Got your message, I’ll call you once I get the package.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...185622-0a11-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

OK...wait a minute...LOL! I just looked at my OWN exterior door...and it looks like this, which could be what the bootprint is on.

dab08f80-2d2a-49ab-9190-bc829baf142c_400.jpg

It has a weathered knob...no lock though. This could be a deadbolt above the knob.

Mine definitely has a lock on the knob - and a dead bolt above that.

This home has had complete window and door replacements though...recently. I believe 2009. I just don't see anything this weathered on the outside of their home.

But would they have "shabby" knobs on this inside? It is a period home, no doubt, but updated.

I am confused again. I thought I had it figured out - in MY head - anyway!

I'm not sure we know that there isn't security footage, but I agree that the fact they are looking for DVRs that might contain security footage is not a good sign.

That is what I think happened . They assumed because they were rich they had large sums of cash on hand and immediate access to it .

I think there was both...forced entry from outer, exterior door.

And my theory, regarding the boot print, was someone (possibly PS?) hiding behind a locked interior door. Though that picture doesn't show a knob that locks...maybe a slide bolt type lock on the other side of the door?

FPCYY.jpg

They ruled out that it was a Firefighter, so it must be Wint or some other intruder who kicked that interior door open.

Just my thoughts on the one piece of evidence we have actually seen. LOL!!

IMO it looks like exterior double doors. Double doors because of the mullion in the center. To me the handle looks like exterior because of the weathering(not shiney brass like interior door)and it doesn't look like it's used often because there are no rub marks on the handle..imo. Double doors sometimes have a dummy handle used to open and close the door but usually have a dead bolt above but I can't tell from the picture. Could have glass panes on the upper halves of the doors but can't tell that either. fwiw JMO

something like these doors but SS doubledoors.jpghouse much older version looking at all the paint on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member