AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inferred that the 3 years doesn’t start until the victim turns 18. If I'm right, any victim currently under 21 could press charges. Thoughts?

Yes. According to an Interview Lisa Bloom commented on this very question

Ugh. At 06:15 in this video clip from the 17 Kids and Counting: Josh Gets Engaged episode Jim Bob says:

"Michelle had several boyfriends before she met me. And... she had a lot of baggage from those... from those relationships... with other boys. And... we both talked about this and we didn't want our children to have the same problems that we've had."

[video=youtube;wrlMGD9n-Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrlMGD9n-Ow[/video]

What an ugly, ugly thing to say. On national tv no less! :furious:

So, are we to take from this that Michelle might have had her flower plucked by another, or at least admired, prior to Jim Bob? Or KISSED another pair of lips? Well then, she is nothing more than spit and chewed gum! Off with her head!

Wait...isn't one if the victim's still a minor?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Blue

Really good point, Lisalei. I'm not sure, but I bet you're correct. But, IMO, given the brainwashing going on in that family, the victim will not come forward in a timely fashion and the parents will not come forward on her behalf.

Could the state press charges on behalf of the minor child against Josh...and his parents for failure to protect her?

Michelle's past relationships are baggage? Baggage that caused problems. Unless she was raped or abused I would just deem it dating and life experience. Perhaps the baggage became baggage to Jim Bob!!!! I do remember on the show they admitted they had not waited for their first kiss to be on their wedding day.

Could the state press charges on behalf of the minor child against Josh...and his parents for failure to protect her?

If so, can you imagine the pressure upon She Who Will Not Be Named Minor & her parents? I don't know AK law

Maybe the men treated her with respect rather than a brood mare

Ugh. At 06:15 in this video clip from the 17 Kids and Counting: Josh Gets Engaged episode Jim Bob says:

"Michelle had several boyfriends before she met me. And... she had a lot of baggage from those... from those relationships... with other boys. And... we both talked about this and we didn't want our children to have the same problems that we've had."

[video=youtube;wrlMGD9n-Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrlMGD9n-Ow[/video]

What an ugly, ugly thing to say. On national tv no less! :furious:

Forgive me, but was JBD saying MD was a big 'ho, but lucky for her, he doesn't judge big 'hos, only he doesn't want his kids to be slutty like mom?

Michelle's past relationships are baggage? Baggage that caused problems. Unless she was raped or abused I would just deem it dating and life experience. Perhaps the baggage became baggage to Jim Bob!!!! I do remember on the show they admitted they had not waited for their first kiss to be on their wedding day.

His baggage comment makes me sick. I don't even want to speculate on where it is stemming from.

I just hope that if something bad did happen to her, that he doesn't blame her and she doesn't blame herself or feel some sort of guilt for the other persons crimes.

If by chance this were the case, then she could greatly benefit from some good counseling so that she can effectively deal with her own children's situation.

I think she they both could benefit from some good counseling regardless.

Forgive me, but was JBD saying MD was a big 'ho, but lucky for her, he doesn't judge big 'hos, only he doesn't want his kids to be slutty like mom?

...'self control.' Which didn't happen

Is it really that easy to sleep through someone touching you? I know I would wake up.

I know I wake up. And usually I am ill-tempered about it. I love my DH, but my sleep is sacred.

He now knows that awake=frisky, asleep=grumpy.

Putting this in the perspective of a young girl being molested by her teen brother, I would equate the asleep part as equaling 'terror' or 'panic' , and awake as 'nausea' or 'confusion'.

Those poor girls. I don't blame them for toeing the family line. What else do they know? They are totally indoctrinated, on top of the trauma of their being sexually abused. They are essentially broken spirits.

There are a couple of things that keep nagging at me. First the "safeguards" the Duggars put in place included no boys babysitting. Ok so the molestation of the female "babysitter" must have happened after this "safeguard" was instituted in the Dugger home. (Fail)

TheDugger sisters couldn't recall when they went to the "licensed professional counseling", the timeline was all jumbled and meshed together. I seriously think that in addition to their own fundamentalist spiritual counsel, the girls might have made appointments in the past couple of weeks. Presented themselves for an "intake" appointment and denied any emotional struggles with their previous molestations. There would be no further need to schedule them for ongoing sessions, based upon the unwillingness to disclose their true emotions or admit to having any difficuly resolving this or other issues. If they did this they could say they saw a licensed mental health professional and their issues have been resolved.

Call me crazy but had my husband ever likened me to a bike thrown off a cliff, chewed up gum or a cup of spit whether before or after we got married he would have never made it very far away from me before I went spider monkey on him.

I'm guessing they do consider Elle and Cosmo to be *advertiser censored*. Because, you know Cosmo talked about orgasms for women. I'm pretty sure that's against the rules, right?

I had someone who was a fundie tell me that abortion should not be allowed even in rape cases because in order for the women to have gotten pregnant during the rape, she MUST have orgasmed, (because dontcha know, the only way to get knocked up is if BOTH people climax) therefore it was not rape because the woman (or 12-year-old) obviously enjoyed it or she would not have had an orgasm or the resulting " blessing".

This was a 30-something-year-old woman with 4 children with whom I worked in a very professional capability.

So, I guess not against the "rulez". Geez, Michelle must have had at least 20 orgasms. Otherwise, she couldn't have gotten pregnant. It's SCIENCE.

I know I wake up. And usually I am ill-tempered about it. I love my DH, but my sleep is sacred.

Putting this in the perspective of a young girl being molested by her teen brother, I would equate the asleep part as equaling 'terror' or 'panic' , and awake as 'nausea' or 'confusion'.

Those poor girls. I don't blame them for toeing the family line. What else do they know? They are totally indoctrinated, on top of the trauma of their being sexually abused. They are essentially broken spirits.

The two that were interviewed seemed very spunky and together. I was surprised. I suppose they are more adult like since they have been raising children and educating them since what age?

They, of course, were coached intensely. They are used to the camera.

I have read ablaut movie stars that are actually very shy. And Robin Williams sure did hide his pain.

I cannot believe that children raised by other children can be OK inside. Especially with the ugly discipline.

Maybe if dhildren are such a hassle that you have to silence them and control them from interfering in your life, maybe you should think about having goldfish instead. Or are they too free spirited as well?

Remember, Michelle wore a cheerleader uniform.

I want to say something here that might make some people feel really uncomfortable, but I think it's important to talk about, because it is another relaity of sexual abuse that is overlooked and not wellunderstood by most people. One of the things that can make sexual abuse so confusing for children is that it isn't always terrifying. Very often, in fact, it feels good. This can cause all kinds of confusing feelings--especially once the child grows older and starts to process what really happened to them and what it all meant.

Sometimes, especially in a chaotic family where mom and dad are kind of absent or distant, the sexual abuse can seem like physical affection. An older trusted brother is showing affection or giving them attention. It may feel good. But maybe the perpetrator says never to tell anyone because they will get in trouble--and then they get the idea that this is something shameful and secret, but they don't know exactly why. These are children--so they know on one level that someone touching their privates is wrong, but they don't know all the reasons why this is so and it's a trusted older brother or other relative and it's not necessarily scary or painful--so it's very confusing.

Once the victim figures out what happened to them--they feel guilty--because maybe it felt good. This can happen with women who are educated and feminist and would never blame the victim--but somehow their little girl brain processes all of this as "consensual" even though a 9 year old doesn't ever consent to a 14 or 15 year old. Think about how messed up that would be in a home like the Duggars, where there's already plenty of blaming the victim talk and "defrauding."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa