ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we should consider/discuss IR being the person who took Deorr? Why would he kidnap/sell his friend's grandson?

It seems to me someone with his appeared limited mental status wouldn't have the brain's our connection to sell a child?

The thing that sticks out to me out of this whole thing is the blanket.... My boyfriend's niece is attached to her blanket like they say DeOrr is and it had to be torn from her arms to wash it occasionally. Especially if it was time for his nap he would want it more than normal I would think. His favorite items bring left behind in the truck is suspicious to me.

I think the sheriff was protecting the family friend because IR's got a few mental issues of his own. You can rest assured that his background was known within a few hours after LE showed up to look for that kid. Knowing the weird history surrounding the guys' past, the sheriff knew IR was going to take a pounding in the press, along with social media and the rest of it.

If G-grandpa and the parents vouched for him though, I can understand why LE was reluctant to "out" him and feed him up to the wolves. I have no doubt that IR was grilled extensively under some very bright lights. His on camera interview was bizarre and ridiculous and leaves one with the impression that he is rather nonchalant about the kid disappearing. He may just be a half-wit that is anti-social and sleeps naked. I'm surprised he didn't open up the door all the way and let the whole world see him standing there in his naked glory.

Who stays in bed and sleeps past 4 A.M. anyway ? That's the best time to write rambling posts on Websleuths while drinking Folgers Dark Roast coffee. It's like having your own private forum with no interruptions......... everyone should try it.

Who stays in bed and sleeps past 4 A.M. anyway ? That's the best time to write rambling posts on Websleuths while drinking Folgers Dark Roast coffee. It's like having your own private forum with no interruptions......... everyone should try it.

You are funny, in a good way and your posts match your avatar! Weird. Haha.

I think the sheriff was protecting the family friend because IR's got a few mental issues of his own. You can rest assured that his background was known within a few hours after LE showed up to look for that kid. Knowing the weird history surrounding the guys' past, the sheriff knew IR was going to take a pounding in the press, along with social media and the rest of it.

If G-grandpa and the parents vouched for him though, I can understand why LE was reluctant to "out" him and feed him up to the wolves. I have no doubt that IR was grilled extensively under some very bright lights. His on camera interview was bizarre and ridiculous and leaves one with the impression that he is rather nonchalant about the kid disappearing. He may just be a half-wit that is anti-social and sleeps naked. I'm surprised he didn't open up the door all the way and let the whole world see him standing there in his naked glory.

:lol:

You are funny, in a good way and your posts match your avatar! Weird. Haha.

Well.......I actually look like that. My latest picture is shown on my profile, standing next to my truck. Never leave home or go to bed without your cowboy hat !

One part of the store visit scenario that bothers me is that DK says that they went "as a family." The store clerk claims to have seen a man with a child that matches little DeOrr's description in a truck that is the same color as DK's. They were adamant that the 6 pm sighting was actually them much earlier in the day. But there are so many things we don't know:

*Why is there no mention of JM or a woman at the 6 pm sighting?
*Is the description of the man with little DeOrr even similar enough to DK?
*Are their any similarities in the truck other than the color? Make, model, year, accessories?
*Is the clerk who was working at the store at the time DK said they were there - a little after noon based on his assertion that from 1pm and on, they were at the campground and the drive is 40 minutes - and the clerk on at 6 pm the same person? Or is it logical that the noonish clerk is an opener who worked until early afternoon and the 6 pm clerk a closer?

To my first point, I guess JM could have stayed in the truck. But if she's already been in the truck for 2/12 hours to get to the campground plus the 40 minutes back to the store and another 40 minutes to get back to the campground, it seems unlikely. Especially if women's hygiene products were part of the haul at the store (which we don't know, just a theory floating around).

After watching some of the videos, I'm leaning towards foul play here.

- The campsite area appears to be wide open. Surely, if a car had driven into the area it would have been seen or heard. Even if someone had been watching DeOrr from a cliff above, they would have to drive into the area. And wasn't this location hours off any kind of main road? What are the odds that an abductor would just happen to be at this exact spot?

- The dad said he saw the DeOrr last before he left camp with the mom. He said he returned in 10 minutes. A child that young wouldn't wander so far away that the SAR's wouldn't have found him.

- If any child decided to explore the surrounding area, I believe he would choose a path to follow. If one wasn't available, I doubt he would get very far through the brush without becoming tangled.

- The stream seemed to be clogged with boulders and fallen tree limbs. I DeOrr had fallen in it doesn't seem likely that he would float downstream very far at all.

- If any kind of wild animal had somehow grabbed him, drag areas would be visible. Also, the search dogs would probably be able to pick up a scent. I don't know if any scent at all was found, but DeOrr's shed skin cells could have come from his blanket and other items.

- DeOrr's dad, in particular, was unemotional and seemed rather resigned. I was struck by how he calmly went on and on during the interview, like he had all the time in the world. It was more like a lecture than a desperate plea for help.

- Watching the video of the granddads friend kind of clinched it for me as foul play. Not only wasn't he helping in the search, but he refused to answer questions and was literally hiding behind the door. He was very nervous and seemed as if he was afraid to say the wrong thing- as if he had been involved in some way or had been threatened.

Some other thoughts:

- It seems like quite a distance to drive with a young child and a disabled, elderly man.

- Maybe DeOrr never even arrived at that campsite.

- It's Interesting that the granddads friend is far younger and also has a criminal past.

- I think there's a lot about the timeline we haven't been privy to.

- How does a young child 'disappear' when there are 4 adults right there? No one disappears, and someone knows where he is.

Of course, my opinion only.

The only thing about the trip to the store that is bugging me is the time. 40 minutes to drive 8-10 miles(varying reports) I have grown up in the woods and camped since I was a toddler. I looked at the google earth maps and I just don't see how in the world it takes that long, in a truck especially. That's having the truck driving slightly faster than 10 miles per hour which is very close to idling along. The road looks bumpy by all means but not to that extent, I would think 40-45 minutes round-trip (20-25 each way) seems much more probable. Any locals in the area that have driven it?:moo:

I'm reading the comments on KTVB's FB page on the latest story. The locals are completely convinced the parents are guilty, almost every comment is negative. I don't mind but KTVB knew what they were doing when they make the headline "Parents, friend are POI" and the excerpt being "not considered suspects at this time" instead of "because they were at the scene".

The only thing about the trip to the store that is bugging me is the time. 40 minutes to drive 8-10 miles(varying reports) I have grown up in the woods and camped since I was a toddler. I looked at the google earth maps and I just don't see how in the world it takes that long, in a truck especially. That's having the truck driving slightly faster than 10 miles per hour which is very close to idling along. The road looks bumpy by all means but not to that extent, I would think 40-45 minutes round-trip (20-25 each way) seems much more probable. Any locals in the area that have driven it?:moo:

I'm with you. I'm thinking the 40-minutes figure is for a round-trip and somehow got mixed up in reporting. Ten miles on a dirt road taking about 20 minutes seems reasonable to me.

Is there another "store sighting" that I am not aware of? A clerk atWalmart reported seeing a man buying candy for a filthy child at 6pm. LE watched surveylance tapes and decided it was not Deorr or his father... Some other kid.

Is there another "store sighting" that I am not aware of? A clerk atWalmart reported seeing a man buying candy for a filthy child at 6pm. LE watched surveylance tapes and decided it was not Deorr or his father... Some other kid.

They were not at Walmart. That was proven to be a false lead.

The dad says he was at a local, very small, store with his son, who was fussy. The dad bought the child a candy bar. He says it was early in the day, around 1pm.

The clerk says a man was in the same local, very small store with a crying, dirty child at around 6pm. The man bought the child a candy bar.

We have been discussing from the start of this case what is the significance of the store visit(s).

Hope that helps.

why does anyone do this? NO ONE HAS THAT ANSWER...JUST THEORIES..sadly...jmo

Are all caps really necessary? Usually when someone makes a suggestion like this he or she has a few ideas. You brought up the topic and I assumed you might. I certainly wasn't expecting you to have an answer, but we all come up with theories when different ideas are presented, and I don't see why my question elicited this kind of response.

Two different sightings.

One at Walmart (ruled out)

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/bonneville-co-sheriff-receives-possible-lead-on-missing-child/

Another at a convenience store the family allegedly visited earlier that day before the toddler's disapperance. The store clerk claimed she saw a man in a black truck with a filthy boy, buying candy for him at 6:00pm, DeOrr's father claimed it was him but earlier that day and said the clerk has the time mixed up. We do not know if she recognized later on the man as Deorr's father. She declined to be interviewed by the media twice but she has been cooperating with the police.

From the video interview. Am I reading too much into this?

'Who would harm us this way?' Mitchell said. 'Especially knowing how much he means to us. He's everything to us.'

Especially knowing how much he means to us?

Is this all gleaned from the interview?

I meant the "other sighting". But I think SleuthMom attached a link about that one. I am off to read about this..., I have been discounting store sighting all along thinking it was the Walmart.

I am from a small town in Idaho....not a lot happens. I would tend to believe that the store clerk of a small town store would remember something out of the norm.

There was a reported sighting of a man and child matching little DeOrr's description in the store in Leadore at 6 pm on the day he went missing, according to dad in the interview with EastIdahoNews.com. The Walmart sighting, in Ammon, ID, was reported on Monday (and occurred on Monday?) and determined not to be him. Two different "sightings."

Ammon sighting:http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=35502072

I'm reading the comments on KTVB's FB page on the latest story. The locals are completely convinced the parents are guilty, almost every comment is negative. I don't mind but KTVB knew what they were doing when they make the headline "Parents, friend are POI" and the excerpt being "not considered suspects at this time" instead of "because they were at the scene".

This isn't the first story, by a long stretch, that KTVB has headlined in a way that would seem misleading or hysteria inducing. All of the "I told you so!" posts make me feel ill.

There are a lot of mentions of similarities to Robert Manwill. Just for informational purposes, Manwill's was a highly publicized case around here. He was an 8 year old reported missing by mom and boyfriend, who were not his primary custodians and who had a long list of run-ins with Health and Welfare, including the removal of their (mom and boyfriends) biological child after the infant sustained a skull fracture. Anyway, there was a huge search for the missing boy. His body was found in an irrigation canal in the days after his disappearance. The coroner determined that he was beaten to death and his mom and her boyfriend were subsequently charged and convicted of his murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa