KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Qualifications
To qualify for the office of county clerk, a person must be at least 21 years of age, a citizen of Kentucky, a resident of the state for 2 years, and a resident of the county in which he or she is a candidate for 1 year preceding election. The candidate must also procure from a judge of the Court of Appeals, or from a judge of the Circuit Court, a certificate that he or she has been examined by the clerk of the court under the judge’s supervision and is qualified for the office (Ky. Const., sec. 100). Before assuming the duties of office, the county clerk must take the oath of office prescribed by section 228 of the constitution and execute bond as required by
KRS 62.055

The link listed above (pg 70) lists county clerk qualifications

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notice the notation about taking the oath.

I find it comical that Kim Davis accidentally issued a marriage license to a same sex couple in spring 2015 before it was legal in Kentucky. One of the two females was trans and dressed as a male but biologically and legally female. She asked Kim Davis if Kim needed her birth certificate and Kim said no. And simply based on assumptions (thinking they were male/female) issued and approved an illegal KY marriage license. The couple have been on TV locally her in KY talking about it. LETS HOPE God doesn't send Kim to hell for that one [emoji20]

I'm also a (non elected government employee), and after I saw her salary, I went and verified it to be true (all govt employees in KY salaries are publicly available). Then I went and looked up the policies/laws on this. It showed that county clerks with populations under *advertiser censored* amount populations get $74,*advertiser censored* year and over *advertiser censored* get a base salary plus a percentage of revenue brought in from things like taxes etc. her county fell into the higher category. I'll try to find the link to post:)

[video=youtube;eYlJH81dSiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw[/video]
"I'm my own grandpa!" :bud::HHJP:
Sorry....I had to.........

Now a judge in Tennessee is refusing to grant a divorce to a heterosexual couple. I can find absolutely no logic in what these people are doing. I'm glad I don't like in their heads...................

Chancellor Jeffrey M. Atherton says he could not rule on the divorce of a couple in their 60s because “With the U.S. Supreme Court having defined what must be recognized as a marriage, it would appear that Tennessee’s judiciary must now await the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court as to what is not a marriage, or better stated, when a marriage is no longer a marriage.”

Read More at: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/...tes-SCOTUS-Gay-Marriage-Decision-199334.shtml

I hope this couple is able to put in a request for a new judge so they can be done with this difficult time. Shame on this judge for playing political games with those who come before him. He's another one that needs to go.

Hahaha!! OMG! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!!

(eta: referring to the video posted about "kin foke").

A judge ordered Kim to issue the marriage license. She wouldn't. She really IS in Contempt of Court.

If her beliefs are such that she cannot comply with court orders, then maybe she needs to be in another position that doesn't deal with court orders or the issuance of a license she doesn't agree with.

I believe in the division of church and state, yet I am a Christian. Just as we are free to practice whatever religion we please, this couple is free to have a marriage should they so choose. Kim is the one bringing religion into this. I am not gay, but I believe in Human Rights and that everyone is equal under the law. If it is the law that same sex marriage is legal, then the law should be complied with regardless of our personal belief's.

Is there really personal damage to Kim if she issued the marriage license? I can't see it if there is.

This is my honest stand on this matter and it is of my personal belief.

MOO

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-orders-kim-davis-freed-kentucky-jail-n423541

U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis released, and said that if she did not follow his guidance, "appropriate sanctions will be considered."

That seems likely, since Davis told Bunning on Thursday, just before he ordered her jailed, that she would not allow any same sex marriage licenses to be issued from her office, even if she wasn't the one signing them. That's because all licenses issued by her office are, legally, authorized by her. Davis said she could not abide that.

They are going to let her out but they seem to be waiting for photo ops with Huckabee INSIDE the jail, before they let her out.

Tags 2016 ELECTIONS ADULTERY ASHLEY MADISON BRIAN BROWN CHRISTIANISTS CRACKPOTS HATE RALLY INCEST JOSH DUGGER KIM DAVIS KKK LIBERTY COUNSEL MIKE HUCKABEE MOLESTATION NOM TED CRUZ TONY PERKINS

These are tags under the live stream. Funny and disgusting at the same time.

"she gave her life to Jesus 4 1/2 years ago"

When did Jesus say to not sign marriage licenses?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Huckabee says he is willing to go to jail in Kim's place if there is a next time. :happydance:

Tags 2016 ELECTIONS ADULTERY ASHLEY MADISON BRIAN BROWN CHRISTIANISTS CRACKPOTS HATE RALLY INCEST JOSH DUGGER KIM DAVIS KKK LIBERTY COUNSEL MIKE HUCKABEE MOLESTATION NOM TED CRUZ TONY PERKINS

These are tags under the live stream. Funny and disgusting at the same time.

JoeMyGod is a gay website I read. I couldn't find a live feed separate from the site.

JoeMyGod is a gay website I read. I couldn't find a live feed separate from the site.

I agree with the tags!

Oh and the guy behind her in the overalls and interesting hat is cracking me up.

lol, that is her husband/distant cousin. You can't make this stuff up.
BBM - Fixed that for you. You're right, you can't make this stuff up. I hope the 'appropriate sanctions' the judge mentioned are fines, huge fines. If her personal bottom line is impacted, I'm sure she will have another come to Jesus moment. :banghead:

So did the judge buckle under pressure? Does he really believe that she is not going to interfere with marriage licenses being issued in "her" office/county? Witch needs to resign, go somewhere and preach her religion and leave the rest of us alone.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
its.alis