Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this case is fading away, I think they are just making sure everything lines up. They dropped those charges against WH because the federal charge is stronger but does that mean that's all they have against him? Maybe, at this point but keeping him there is very important to LE. Is there still more testing to be done? Anything interesting from the Forensic Analyst they brought in? I just keep going back to a time (when obviously something was told to the family, IMO) and all they could or would say is "A monster did this to her". And things went very quiet at that time, Bullhorn gal went away, others, too. Anybody else feel this way?

I think you are right, Hs! I get an ominous feeling about the silence in this case; LE obviously thinks WH is a flight risk, at a minimum. :jail: They may be saving him up :behindbarfor a time when the boom can be lowered.:bombshell: I just don't know. This case won't simply fade away. Something's brewing.:coffeews: (IMO)

Does anyone recall that somebody, either related to AJ or just a friend, said that we would all be shocked when the truth came out? I can't remember(naturally) who it was, so it's JMO , and remove this post if it crosses the line!

For me, the old hink-o-meter is definitely in the red zone.

I believe the reason the state charges were dropped was more a matter of expediency, than anything else. If all the state charges are off the table, that clears the path for the 1 federal charge to move forward without any hassle of multi-jurisdictional obligations the lesser state charges. Not to mention, the 1 federal charge carries more weight (and more jail time, by far) than all the other charges. Even IF it can be proven WH had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance or death, he'll still be facing this weapons ammo charge as a federal ex-con. The only way out of this, is if his defense team can prove he never bought it, or placed it in that motel room. (I don't see that happening, to be honest).

Right. I thought I read something on this thread (re federal charges against WH) that because the ammo wasn't manufactured in Virginia, WH had to have transported it across state lines. Which, I guess, makes it an even more egregious offense than mere felonious possession of "local" ammo.
[No links, folks!]

I think you are right, Hs! I get an ominous feeling about the silence in this case; LE obviously thinks WH is a flight risk, at a minimum. :jail: They may be saving him up :behindbarfor a time when the boom can be lowered.:bombshell: I just don't know. This case won't simply fade away. Something's brewing.:coffeews: (IMO)

Does anyone recall that somebody, either related to AJ or just a friend, said that we would all be shocked when the truth came out? I can't remember(naturally) who it was, so it's JMO , and remove this post if it crosses the line!

For me, the old hink-o-meter is definitely in the red zone.

IIRC, it was Zach who said things were going to turn our stomachs, or wait things were going to be sickening, be prepared to be repulsed, something along those lines.

ThatGuyBear just linked this in the other thread:

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/

Investigators have never publicly named Hadsell as a suspect, but new federal court filings reveal they believed Hadsell abducted AJ. The documents say for a week in March detectives conducted surveillance on him.

More at the link.
He kidnapped her?
Yup, more going on.
But still not sure about so many things.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Investigators have never publicly named Hadsell as a suspect, but new federal court filings reveal they believed Hadsell abducted AJ. The documents say for a week in March detectives conducted surveillance on him.

More at the link.
From the article:

"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He`s one piece of the puzzle."

And there it is.

More at the link.

Thanks for the link.

I find it interesting that Korslund mentions finding the heroin the same day they searched his hotel room.

Think about it for a second. Wouldnt it make sense to get a search warrant for Hadsells work vehicle at the same time?

Thanks for the link.

I find it interesting that Korslund mentions finding the heroin the same day they searched his hotel room.

Think about it for a second. Wouldnt it make sense to get a search warrant for Hadsells work vehicle at the same time?

They found the scales the same day they searched his hotel room; couldn't determine if it was coke or heroin until lab tested it. I am wondering why they say he "abducted" her. IIRC, he went over there to leave his red truck and get his work truck and was supposed to leave the red truck key in the mailbox. So this makes me think he went in the house, got in an argument with AJ, took her in his work van. If that's how it started, then what? He went to work late that day, where was she? I wonder if the forensic analyst could tell the time of death. If LE suspects another person was there, who could it be? And who with intent to harm her?
And yes, Zapped, they definitely should have gotten a search warrant for the van; that would have been easy with what they knew, I would think.

From the article:

And there it is.

Hard to imagine this last quote - others who may have had a motive to harm AJ...? Did she owe money to some people? Was WH in debt to dealers and needed AJ to say she would come up with some money? Who has a dark green Dodge caravan? Is that even relevant anymore? Justice for AJ!!

One more thought: LE says WH is just "a piece of the puzzle" - that makes me think they don't think he murdered her. Maybe he was afraid of his Aryan Brotherhood friends (or is that too far fetched)?

Hard to imagine this last quote - others who may have had a motive to harm AJ...? Did she owe money to some people? Was WH in debt to dealers and needed AJ to say she would come up with some money? Who has a dark green Dodge caravan? Is that even relevant anymore? Justice for AJ!!
The "closer relationship than just her step dad" is the part that stands out to me. Someone in that room knew AJ well, probably for many years. WH had only been in her life for a few years, and while they may have gotten along and he showed his commitment to her (and her mom) by adopting her, they didn't have the type of relationship forged over years.

And now I'm wondering why WH doesn't just deliver this person(s).

From the article:

And there it is.

Keep in mind that this statement was made by Eric Korslund, who is WH's attorney in the heroin charge:

"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He`s one piece of the puzzle."

So I give it a little less weight. And a B- for grammar ;). But it's interesting that police executed the hotel search warrant based on their surveillance of Wes for a week. I wish we could see the probable cause doc.

Keep in mind that this statement was made by Eric Korslund, who is WH's attorney in the heroin charge:

So I give it a little less weight. And a B- for grammar ;). But it's interesting that police executed the hotel search warrant based on their surveillance of Wes for a week. I wish we could see the probable cause doc.

Thank you, thank you! Very astute - I didn't even associate the name with the comments, gotta consider the source! :)

The "closer relationship than just her step dad" is the part that stands out to me. Someone in that room knew AJ well, probably for many years. WH had only been in her life for a few years, and while they may have gotten along and he showed his commitment to her (and her mom) by adopting her, they didn't have the type of relationship forged over years.

And now I'm wondering why WH doesn't just deliver this person(s).

Maybe because the last time he tried to "deliver" a suspect, it backfired on him big time. ;)

One more thought: LE says WH is just "a piece of the puzzle" - that makes me think they don't think he murdered her. Maybe he was afraid of his Aryan Brotherhood friends (or is that too far fetched)?

Actually, Wes's attorney said that - not LE. :)

From the article:

And there it is.

Well I'm ruling out JC based on the contents of WH's letter to Mom. He discusses him and the truck and what a good kid he is. So it seems WH is fond of the boyfriend (unless WH is speaking kindly of JC because they were both involved - which I don't suspect is the case). How many others are we aware of in the hotel room? Are there some we haven't heard about? Wasn't everyone going along w/ WH's lead of the search efforts until they realized his lies?? What do we have in the way of facts related to the people in the hotel room? (I know I'm asking for facts here which are hard to come by in this case but we have more and more court records now so, perhaps there are some now. Maybe?)

Thanks for the transcript Vail!

Well I'm ruling out JC based on the contents of WH's letter to Mom. He discusses him and the truck and what a good kid he is. So it seems WH is fond of the boyfriend (unless WH is speaking kindly of JC because they were both involved - which I don't suspect is the case). How many others are we aware of in the hotel room? Are there some we haven't heard about? Wasn't everyone going along w/ WH's lead of the search efforts until they realized his lies?? What do we have in the way of facts related to the people in the hotel room? (I know I'm asking for facts here which are hard to come by in this case but we have more and more court records now so, perhaps there are some now. Maybe?)

Thanks for the transcript Vail!

Thanks for having that letter transcribed on here. Was good to read it again. I wonder what he meant in saying 'THAT house and THAT name, too'. And who took the 2 guns from the hotel room for him? So many questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo