GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

This is such a strange situation and with the other recent tragedies nearby! I really feel for her loved ones! I just heard on the news that she was a lifeguard and swim instructor at the White Rock YMCA. It does make me wonder if she had a stalker...such a beautiful girl. How does someone get in the vehicle with her? I don't know anyone that would be willing to pick up a stranger in any part of Dallas.

It does make me wonder if she had a stalker...such a beautiful girl. How does someone get in the vehicle with her? I don't know anyone that would be willing to pick up a stranger in any part of Dallas.

I wonder if the church had a camera system. Is it possible she made it to the church and was nabbed in the parking lot?

I wonder if the church had a camera system. Is it possible she made it to the church and was nabbed in the parking lot?

That would be great to find out. I may drive by the church after work today. The church, and where they found her vehicle are VERY close. I don't know how to add a diagram of a map here, but the church address is 10701 E. Lake Highlands Drive, Dallas, TX. Her vehicle was found crashed into an embankment of a creek in the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive, Dallas, TX, according to the news link provided in this thread.

So, some random guy flags down a motorist and tells him there is an injured girl that needs help and then the guy just disappears?

""She's just a great young lady. Very involved in the arts, helpful in the school. Just a shame. A huge loss," said Joe Noriega.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly...the motorist that was flagged down actually knew Zoe? Something is fishy and it ain't that creek. JMO

So, some random guy flags down a motorist and tells him there is an injured girl that needs help and then the guy just disappears?

""She's just a great young lady. Very involved in the arts, helpful in the school. Just a shame. A huge loss," said Joe Noriega.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly...the motorist that was flagged down actually knew Zoe? Something is fishy and it ain't that creek. JMO
I don't think it's been said the man knew Zoe. Rather, it might have been said, but not by LE in the media.

Misread the post.

That sounds plausible. She had such a short distance to drive. Where else would she have stopped to make contact with the perp?

I don't think it's been said the man knew Zoe. Rather, it might have been said, but not by LE in the media.

from http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...found-slain-crashed-minivan-article-1.2394852

The woman next to the white minivan was his daughter’s friend, 18-year-old Zoe Hastings. The teen’s parents reported Hastings as missing when she never showed up to a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints class.

The motorist that found Zoe, also discusses Zoe in the second video at the link.

The guy that was flagged down was driving his daughter to school. Apparently, his daughter was Zoe's friend. Just strange coincidence is all. :thinking::thinking:

from http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...found-slain-crashed-minivan-article-1.2394852

The woman next to the white minivan was his daughter’s friend, 18-year-old Zoe Hastings. The teen’s parents reported Hastings as missing when she never showed up to a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints class.

The motorist that found Zoe, also discusses Zoe in the second video at the link.
Yep. Time to change my glasses. I thought the post asked if the guy who did the flagging down knew Zoe. Apologies for any confusion, and thank you for catching the error.

The motorist who was flagged down - his daughter went to school with Zoe.

I have known the Hastings family for over 40 years. Zoe was a beautiful, kind and gentle flower. No way did she pick anyone up or run away. She was either carjacked or kidnapped at the church. I went to that church and I don't believe there are any cameras. The police are holding back information that only the killer would know. They are saying she was in the car but the man that found her is saying she was outside the car on the rocks. It's driving me crazy that they aren't giving any information. Please post if you hear anything and I will do the same.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...atement-as-search-for-suspect-continues.html/

"We are grateful for the privacy and respect given to us during this extremely difficult time. Please continue to pray for our family. We appreciate and need your support."

Statement from family today, and we are praying with the Hastings during this horrible time.

My prayers too as with the Dallas Police as they process evidence and hopefully can direct their attention to the murderer.

My daughter attended Dealey with Zoe and also took classes at Studio Arts though we moved to Plano just before the girls started ninth grade. I too agree that she was a solid young woman and I too fear carjacking or random kidnapping.

It is just heartbreaking.

Kathy

Wfaa is saying update on the case at 5:30 ... per their main twitter feed.

Kathy

From the PC, in case you missed it:

Zoe was making a trip to Walgreens to return a Redbox movie at approximately 4:45 on Sunday. This matches what her parents told the police and it was also implied that other evidence backs this story up.

DPD is looking to speak with anyone that was at the Walgreens at Garland Road and Peavy between 4:30 - 5:00.

DPD canvassed area homes and businesses today to question and obtain surveillance footage.

The family is asking the public to meet tomorrow to canvas the area of the crime. They are meeting at Norbuck (sp?) park at 5 PM.

The person who originally found Zoe and alerted the motorist has been identified and questioned. They are not a person of interest. DPD believes that the person feared being arrested due to open warrants, which is why they left the scene.

When question time came, it was hard to hear the questions being asked, but I thought I heard one asking about if the crime was believed to be random. The officer did not answer directly, but he did say that he encourages the public to be diligent about watching their surroundings in public.

This was the speaker at the press conference: https://twitter.com/maxdpd

That sounds plausible. She had such a short distance to drive. Where else would she have stopped to make contact with the perp?

This seemed to have happened in the blink of an eye. NG showed a map of her house and the church and heck you could run it in 15 or less minutes. Unbelievable how these things happen.

Police said she stopped at Walgreens to return a redbox movie and are going over surveillance video.

Police said she stopped at Walgreens to return a redbox movie and are going over surveillance video.

If that Walgreens is anything like my Walgreens you can bet they have good video of anything going on there. Fingers crossed the police are onto this person.

So a time line would be something like this;

4:45 Sunday left her house bound for the church class starting at 5:00

She was found on Monday.

This killer had quite a bit of time to take her elsewhere then return the car in the middle of the night. On the other hand somebody could have put her in their vehicle and then ditched her van.

Once she was reported missing the police and everybody would have been looking for that white van so I think it was ditched early rather than later and then they brought her back during the night.

MOO of course.

They are planning a canvassing of neighborhood (and did he pause at calling it a vigil) at five p m tomorrow at Norbuck park on Buckner Blvd

Kathy

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa