WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

Is it just me or has this case gone very, very quiet all of a sudden?
I'm seriously not seeing a good ending to this one 😢

I can't find a thing. I posted on her missing FB page asking for updates, nothing much. I have no idea who set the page up, I don't know if its that BF or family or friend.... I asked about the public helping, nada a search planned, public information or candle being lit. Was told there were searches being done just nothing public whatever that means. I don't get it at all. Why? Where is your family Deanne? Where is the SO on this? There are people that care Deanne. I hope you are safe.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingDeanneHastings/?fref=photo

According to the MSM, it was the BF that got the call about the man who gave her a ride.

Has LE confirmed any of this?
Has the BF handed over his phone for the local LE to run the phone number that called him & verify there actually was a call?
Why would Random Guy call the BF and not LE?
Did Random Guy also call LE?
Where & what day/time did the man pick her up?
Why would she catch a ride to a store when her purse & wallet were still in her car?
All her debit/credit cards accounted for in her purse/wallet?

From this article http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/spokane-man-searching-for-missing-fianc/36443736

The last time she was seen was at the Latah Trading Company store off Highway 195. A few days later Tibbetts got a call from a man who said he saw the missing persons poster of Deanne.

If you watch the video embedded in that article above, the Crime Check phone number is listed first. I just find it rather odd some stranger would call the BF and not the local police.

According to the MSM, it was the BF that got the call about the man who gave her a ride.

Has the BF handed over his phone for the local LE to run the phone number that called him & verify there actually was a call?
Why would she catch a ride to a store when her purse & wallet were still in her car?

From this article http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/spokane-man-searching-for-missing-fianc/36443736

If you watch the video embedded in that article above, the Crime Check phone number is listed first. I just find it rather odd some stranger would call the BF and not the local police.

Exactly the questions I have! And including, why did the bf take the car home? Has it been searched? Has their home been searched? Even though there were family issues, why isn't her family involved?
I feel like we're reading the transcript of a twilight zone episode!

uh huh. That bit right there ^^
And believe me, if WE think it's odd, LE thinks so too. Unless there is a poster with the bf's phone number on it, that story is pretty darn fishy.

moo

Who distributed the missing posters? The BF? I find it strange that his number would be on the flyers in the first place? LE should be taking these calls, not the BF! I find that whole story about the guy even calling, very suspicious! Sounds to me like he is trying to get the suspicion off of himself and onto someone else....he likely made up this caller to try and do this. Unless it is verified by LE that this in fact did happen, I don't believe it. His actions are suspicious all the way around and LE is way too quiet as is her family. She has been missing for awhile now and LE needs to address this and explain what they have done and what they plan on doing next.

Who distributed the missing posters? The BF? I find it strange that his number would be on the flyers in the first place? LE should be taking these calls, not the BF! I find that whole story about the guy even calling, very suspicious! Sounds to me like he is trying to get the suspicion off of himself and onto someone else....he likely made up this caller to try and do this. Unless it is verified by LE that this in fact did happen, I don't believe it. His actions are suspicious all the way around and LE is way too quiet as is her family. She has been missing for awhile now and LE needs to address this and explain what they have done and what they plan on doing next.

I agree its frustrating and heart wrenching. From where I stand it looks like a woman discounted (except for a questionable significant other) because of her life and her history maybe? The news media has been offering as good a coverage as can be expected really without the SO stepping up. Not OK to me whats happening. No one deserves to be forgotten. There is something very odd about the silence hanging over her. I agree, LE needs to step up make a statement! They don't have to reveal specifics about the case just say there IS one!

You'd think if she was out on a bender she would of turned up by now. I wonder if there's been any use of her cell or credit cards? This isn't looking very good.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this...if she did go out on a bender and passed out somewhere outside, it's really starting to get cold here and she could easily succumb to hypothermia. I truly hope she is found soon.

I suppose it happens but, I have never known any female of any age, to take off willingly and leave their purse, wallet and phone, and not take anything else with them, such as personal hygiene items, change of clothes, etc. unless the disappearing act was for suicidal purposes.

From all I've read about Deanne, that just doesn't fit. Newly engaged, new career, etc. I just don't think she's missing voluntarily or that she disappeared voluntarily. I'm sure I could be wrong, but it doesn't add up.

I suppose it happens but, I have never known any female of any age, to take off willingly and leave their purse, wallet and phone, and not take anything else with them, such as personal hygiene items, change of clothes, etc. unless the disappearing act was for suicidal purposes.

From all I've read about Deanne, that just doesn't fit. Newly engaged, new career, etc. I just don't think she's missing voluntarily or that she disappeared voluntarily. I'm sure I could be wrong, but it doesn't add up.

I agree with you. I just hope the silence doesn't mean she'll be forgotten...

The man who runs the beauty school posted a lot more than the bf on his page. Maybe she is just running from the bf. Perhaps, she decided beauty school wasn't her thing. Either way, she deserves to be safe. I don't know what my husband would or would not do on fb if I was to go missing.

I'm at work and have difficulty pulling up Google Maps for locations, but are there any lakes, rivers, bodies of water near there? I agree with what most of the posts upthread say -- it sounds like someone is a bit more involved than they are letting on --

I may have missed it, but why would the BF have thought to have found the car at the Knitting Factory venue, if her "note" said something about a grocery store? And I think I read the grocery store where she was last seen was not near the vehicle location? Was there gas still in the car? Did the mystery man who gave her a ride tell BF where to find her car? Why would she have still gone to, or needed a ride to the grocery store without her purse/wallet? (having left it in the car) --

Someone on the find Deanne page has posted they are organizing searching. No details...

I'm at work and have difficulty pulling up Google Maps for locations, but are there any lakes, rivers, bodies of water near there? I agree with what most of the posts upthread say -- it sounds like someone is a bit more involved than they are letting on --

I may have missed it, but why would the BF have thought to have found the car at the Knitting Factory venue, if her "note" said something about a grocery store? And I think I read the grocery store where she was last seen was not near the vehicle location? Was there gas still in the car? Did the mystery man who gave her a ride tell BF where to find her car? Why would she have still gone to, or needed a ride to the grocery store without her purse/wallet? (having left it in the car) --

I can only answer a couple of these questions. The BF found the car on Tuesday, the day she had been to school. They have video of her at a store about five miles away on Wednesday. The guy who gave her a ride supposedly called after he had seen the posters and recognized her. So assuming sometime after Wednesday, later in the week anyway, is when he called. And I don't know that its been confirmed that he said the store she was seen at is the store he took her to or what day and time the ride was supposed to have occurred.

As for the BF finding the car, I've only seen rumor on SM from an alleged ex-bf that suggests how current bf was able to find the car so quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back