GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

It was said (not publicly on here) that Luke (Kayleigh's brother) wrote on FB Saturday afternoon/ evening asking for LH's whereabouts as needs to talk with him. Whoever told me this should be able to confirm.
Luke? Do you mean Kyle? Or does Kayleigh have another brother?

Does she just have the one sibling, Kyle? And are her parents together or are their step-parents / step-siblings?

It was said (not publicly on here) that Kyle (Kayleigh's brother) wrote on FB Saturday afternoon/ evening asking for LH's whereabouts as needs to talk with him. Whoever told me this should be able to confirm.

Someone (unsure if brother and can't check now) did post on LH's wall. Something along the lines of he'd message him soon or reply to him soon (may have said tomorrow, unsure). It was very casual and did not sound urgent. Sorry for vagueness but didn't think much of it at the time.

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are.

You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.

Unless more evidence comes out which leads to other charges being brought against LH, I can only see him as doing what millions of people worldwide do also. In some countries it is legal and in others it is illegal, but as it currently stands, I am not seeing any reason to think there was intention to harm Kayleigh from LH.

Teenagers are very willful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

Perhaps I need a wake up call. If it was my 15 year old daughter say, (who is now 22) and obviously without the rape and murder, I would perhaps look at why she was needing this attention from an older man, rather than condemning her or him for sexual behaviour. The internet has played a role in this, but in my day I managed to carry off my own behaviour without internet or a mobile phone. She was a year away from the age of consent. I went to an all girls school, and my own experience was not uncommon. If Kayleigh wasn't going to come to harm with LH, then I see this as undesirable but not that unusual.

I think it right that he is charged and suitably punished, but I don't, with the current charges, see him particularly as a predator or a paedophile.

I'm not saying I can't understand other people's attitudes to this, but I would like to know if my moral boundaries are totally screwed and if they are that different from others.

I can see exactly where you are coming from I understand what you are saying. I am wondering if Kayleigh comes across as a lot older than her years and I am thinking is LH maybe a little young in his mind for his age although I am not condoning any of his behaviour they could have been more on a level with each other, although what LH has done is wrong I'm not sure yet that he had any other sinister plans for Kayleigh jmo

I can see exactly where you are coming from I understand what you are saying. I am wondering if Kayleigh comes across as a lot older than her years and I am thinking is LH maybe a little young in his mind for his age although I am not condoning any of his behaviour they could have been more on a level with each other, although what LH has done is wrong I'm not sure yet that he had any other sinister plans for Kayleigh jmo
Precisely, there's a big difference between being a "wrong'un" and someone who's got sinister motives

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Kayleigh Haywood murder: Stephen Beadman appears in court

Stephen Beadman (left) and Luke Harlow (right) appeared at Leicester Magistrates' Court on Friday morning

_86791623_accused.jpg

Wounds on SB's face?!

Could Kayleigh have put up a fight?

I hate to say it.... but I think it might come out that horrible LH was making a horror film... just a guess... and beyond awful if true..:(

I think it's the finding her through FB thing that freaks me out a bit
but how do we know they didn't know each other IRL as they only lived 5 miles apart and could possibly have added each other on Fb subsequently? Also, I'm inclined to agree with tortoise, re the flouting the age of consent thing. Another thing is, nobody has determined yet if he had feelings for her. One thing worth thinking about is the age difference of her parents - theres about 20 years between them so it might have seemed more normal for her than to most, especially as LH has been described as a big kid by his parents? Not that that would exonerate him from the illegality.

I hate to say it.... but I think it might come out that horrible LH was making a horror film... just a guess... and beyond awful if true..:(

It's a horrible thought although I would think if this were the case charges would have been made to that effect. Doesn't mean further charges won't be brought in the weeks and months ahead of course.

but how do we know they didn't know each other IRL as they only lived 5 miles apart and could possibly have added each other on Fb subsequently? Also, I'm inclined to agree with tortoise, re the flouting the age of consent thing. Another thing is, nobody has determined yet if he had feelings for her. One thing worth thinking about is the age difference of her parents - theres about 20 years between them so it might have seemed more normal for her than to most, especially as LH has been described as a big kid by his parents? Not that that would exonerate him from the illegality.

Very good point. 21 years between her parents (now 36 and 57). Not sure if MW is bio dad (I've not seen him reported as step father) but if he is then mum would have been about 18 when she had Kyle and dad would have been nearly 40. His surname was the name used in the URL of Kayleighs facebook profile, not Haywood.

What day was it that Kayleigh's brother posted that he wanted to talk to LH

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It was Sunday late morning. Basically asking if anyone knew LH as he needed to find him.

So I'm assuming when they haven't been able to contact Kayleigh a friend has given up his name?

I see there are two new local posters - welcome both.

From what you've posted you are more local to Ibstock than me, I'm more familiar with the other places involved. Maybe this area is different to where other UK posters live but ime eveyone tends to know everyone and is they didn't go to school with them they know someone who worked with their mother etc - you get my drift.

I'm technically in the next village but I have only lived here a couple of years myself so know nobody. I don't get to "hear stuff" as I never see anybody other than family from one day to the next as we are situated outside of the village. My fella and his family have lived here years though. When I heard there was a girl missing on the tv I actually went out and walked the paths of the local dog walking area in case there was anything discarded that looked pertinent but thankfully there was nothing. I went shopping today in Coalville and there were purple bows in the precinct but I was the only person wearing one, which surprised me.

Dark-hared Harlow, of heavy build, was wearing a grey sweat top and bottoms.

He stands accused of grooming a girl under 16 years on line for sex.

He is also accused of two charges of unlawful sexual touching of a 15-year-old girl between Thursday, November 12 and Monday, November 16.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-28212250-detail/story.html#ixzz3s4yC2LI1
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

It is interesting we all have different opinions but my opinion seems to be in the minority in that, I cannot see it any other way than what he is accused of.

His mother says he said she was 19. I find it hard to believe he thought that at all, she looks her age, 15, even when she had a little make up on. She doesn't look worldly/streetwise to me either, but at 27, he will be, even if he is a 'big kid'

In my eyes, a grown man of 27, nearly twice her age, meeting up with a 15 year old to stay the night is so totally wrong. I could never accept it under any circumstances. His Instagram showed him with several other older females so he does have friends more his age group.
She was probably flattered a man of his age was interested in her but, as the NSPCC website states:
http://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/grooming/

"Many children and young people don't understand that they have been groomed, or that what has happened is abuse"

Even if she did stay a second night willingly, and I don't think she did, she still probably wouldn't have realised she was being sexually exploited. But if he's guilty of the charges, she was.

I also feel, 100%, the teacher who ran off to France with his pupil was guilty as charged. It matters not to me that the victim went willingly, she was a minor as is the case in this instance. There is no grey area for me.

This is not meant to offend anyone who has other views and other ways of analysing it and nor am I saying anyone else is wrong in their opinions.

I'm just gutted for this girl that she was led down this path that led to her murder.

Also, he may not be found guilty of these charges yet.

Dark-hared Harlow, of heavy build, was wearing a grey sweat top and bottoms.

He stands accused of grooming a girl under 16 years on line for sex.

He is also accused of two charges of unlawful sexual touching of a 15-year-old girl between Thursday, November 12 and Monday, November 16.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-28212250-detail/story.html#ixzz3s4yC2LI1
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

It is interesting we all have different opinions but my opinion seems to be in the minority in that, I cannot see it any other way than what he is accused of.

His mother says he said she was 19. I find it hard to believe he thought that at all, she looks her age, 15, even when she had a little make up on. She doesn't look worldly/streetwise to me either, but at 27, he will be, even if he is a 'big kid'

In my eyes, a grown man of 27, nearly twice her age, meeting up with a 15 year old to stay the night is so totally wrong. I could never accept it under any circumstances. His Instagram showed him with several other older females so he does have friends more his age group.
She was probably flattered a man of his age was interested in her but, as the NSPCC website states:
http://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/grooming/

"Many children and young people don't understand that they have been groomed, or that what has happened is abuse"

Even if she did stay a second night willingly, and I don't think she did, she still probably wouldn't have realised she was being sexually exploited. But if he's guilty of the charges, she was.

I also feel, 100%, the teacher who ran off to France with his pupil was guilty as charged. It matters not to me that the victim went willingly, she was a minor as is the case in this instance. There is no grey area for me.

This is not meant to offend anyone who has other views and other ways of analysing it and nor am I saying anyone else is wrong in their opinions.

I'm just gutted for this girl that she was led down this path that led to her murder.

Also, he may not be found guilty of these charges yet.

The thanks button wasn't enough. Agree with you 110%.

Hello everyone- first post here although been a browser since poor Becky- not sure of the rules re FB postings and I don't know how to do links so apologies if this is not allowed and please remove. I just read a posting on the official Kayleigh page from someone whose sister was with Kayleigh's mum when the police detailed exactly what she had gone through. Obv no info posted but the devastation in his post is so real - I dread to think what is going to come out. So so sad for Kayleigh and all her family.

I have been thinking on how SB and LH were arrested.

I have a bit of a theory. LH's family said he knew Kayleigh and thought she was 19. So therefore we can assume that LH spoke about her.

I started seeing missing posts on Sunday on local pages and then on Monday the posters were released. I was told Monday night who was arrested.

Assuming LH's parents saw them too, surely they would say something to LH? Even if it was just "oh no your friend is missing, how sad".

I am wondering if perhaps then he either refused to ring the police himself (thus ringing alarm bells for parents), or admitted to his parents that he saw her and mentioned SB in some way (perhaps, "he gave her a lift home") or started behaving shifty (this I doubt though due to them claiming his innocence) and either they rang the police or he did. He is arrested because the polive can't determine his involvement, but if he mentioned SB then they'd have to arrest him too.

This is all a theory and is entirely based on his parents saying to MSM that they knew of Kayleigh.

I have been thinking on how SB and LH were arrested.

I have a bit of a theory. LH's family said he knew Kayleigh and thought she was 19. So therefore we can assume that LH spoke about her.

I started seeing missing posts Saturday night an then posters from Sunday morning.

Assuming LH's parents saw them too, surely they would say something to LH? Even if it was just "oh no your friend is missing, how sad".

I am wondering if perhaps then he either refused to ring the police himself (thus ringing alarm bells for parents), or admitted to his parents that he saw her and mentioned SB in some way (perhaps, "he gave her a lift home") or started behaving shifty (this I doubt though due to them claiming his innocence) and either they rang the police or he did. He is arrested because the polive can't determine his involvement, but if he mentioned SB then they'd have to arrest him too.

This is all a theory and is entirely based on his parents saying to MSM that they knew of Kayleigh.

Can you elaborate on these missing posts on the Saturday night? Did her family think she was missing then and know already she was not with her friend?

The thing I find strange is that if LH was living at one of the two houses in George Avenue, why he wasn't there when he was arrested. It may have been his plan all along to stay somewhere else on the Sunday night but it also may be that he found out she was missing and thought he may be implicated in her disappearance since he was in her company.

Of course we don't know yet what time they parted company, and what time Kayleigh was killed, so it makes speculation very difficult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back