IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can take "pregnant" off the table because at 12 weeks she was not showing (as evidenced by photos shown of her a few days prior at a Halloween party and also the likelihood she was in pajamas at that time of day). So, shooting a woman, who could I.D. you in a lineup, is overkill?

Shooting any one at all (when you're there to burgle) is Overkill.

Not stopping to make sure you killed said person is Underkill.

This is the crime of an inexperienced person well known to the Blackburns IMO.

Eh, I don't know. Everyone is different. I'm a mom of two and I think I'd freeze or quite literally have a heart attack. I'd just be completely petrified.

Yeah, everyone is different i guess. I do know people that freeze up in far lesser pressure situations. ie a spider! :)

But also this murder happened only a couple of days after they announced that they were pregnant. So the person that killed her may have known she was pregnant.

It may have even been part of the motive...

Amanda and Davey surely did appear to Have It All.

I don't know why it's so hard for some to understand that the perp(s) did not have to be "hanging around in the cul de sac" for a while in order for this crime to have occurred.

Um sorry but if Amanda was shot at 6.45 and the first burglary occurred at 5.30

Then where was he in between times?

While I seem to have been stuck on the topic of the 3-4 people questioned in AB's murder... has it been stated if any of these people lived at the apartments that were raided? I thought I remembered seeing something about that but can't remember if it was here or in the comments section elsewhere.

She had a baby INSIDE her. Maybe you have to be a mom to understand that...

Any attempts to overpower an intruder puts that baby at risk.

I don't think she saw it coming and if she did, she was so frozen by fear and shock she could barely react.

But she didn't freeze up. She put up a fight, which is what I think I would do. She had two babies to protect, twice as many reasons to fight back. Fighting back could save both of them.

Eyewitness News has learned that during the burglary, Amanda Blackburn not only put up a fight, but tragically, was also sexually assaulted.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30558459/persons-of-interest-questioned-in-amanda-blackburn-murder

She was raped by her killer. Like any mom she feared for her babies' safety. I think she was compliant and cooperated fully with him so he would leave. Why he shot her is a mystery. Most burglars don't go into homes in the daytime with guns. <modsnip>

We don't know that she was raped. <modsnip>

Oh I know... was just pointing out that 4 suspects were questioned in regards to her murder.

From the links posted earlier...
"Four men were questioned in connection to Amanda Blackburn's killing Thursday."

I apologize if I have posted something wrong. I thought that if it was in MSM we could post and link to it. My apologies.
You didn't post anything wrong, crazy. I might have misunderstood your post. It seemed to suggest that because four individuals were questioned, four individuals were involved in the crimes.

It would be nice to know why they are 100% positive that out of the 4 suspects, he is the one that pulled the trigger. I do wish more info would be released, but realize that is way too much to ask for, lol.

As for why LE is sure the guy in the hoodie is the killer, IMO, it's because they know he was the only one who remained in the neighborhood after the SUV left at 6:01. JMO MOO IMO

I doubt she even saw it coming.

According to LE, there was a struggle. If you believe that.

it fits my theory, and my theory was in part based on that information.

If she didn't see it coming, the struggle wouldn't have occurred. Head shots, as i said, are meant to end things for certain - and they are effective at that. struggles likely don't happen after that.

I don't know why it's so hard for some to understand that the perp(s) did not have to be "hanging around in the cul de sac" for a while in order for this crime to have occurred.

So. what was he doing between 5.30am and 6.45am?

Um sorry but if Amanda was shot at 6.45 and the first burglary occurred at 5.30

Then where was he in between times?

My theory is that he was loading his vehicle up with stuff from the 5:30 burglary (yes, not seen by neighbors since it was dark out). Once he was done with that, he proceeded to leave the neighborhood and then saw Davey leaving. At some point after that, he entered the Blackburn home. If there was a sexual assault or some other kind of struggle, that would take up some time, and we also do not know for sure that the gun was fired at 6:45 exactly, do we? We can't accept that from "sources say" any more than we can anything else, right?

She was raped by her killer. Like any mom she feared for her babies' safety. I think she was compliant and cooperated fully with him so he would leave. Why he shot her is a mystery. Most burglars don't go into homes in the daytime with guns. I wonder if her husband has a mistress?

The police account says there was a struggle and she was protecting her child. So, i'm not completely just theorizing. If the LE is to be believed, then compliant was likely not the case.

She was raped by her killer. Like any mom she feared for her babies' safety. I think she was compliant and cooperated fully with him so he would leave. Why he shot her is a mystery. Most burglars don't go into homes in the daytime with guns. <modsnip>

Maybe he's just an evil, heartless monster who wanted to make sure she could not I.D. him.

My theory is that he was loading his vehicle up with stuff from the 5:30 burglary (yes, not seen by neighbors since it was dark out). Once he was done with that, he proceeded to leave the neighborhood and then saw Davey leaving. At some point after that, he entered the Blackburn home. If there was a sexual assault or some other kind of struggle, that would take up some time, and we also do not know for sure that the gun was fired at 6:45 exactly, do we? We can't accept that from "sources say" any more than we can anything else, right?

He was allegedly a burglar not a home renovator.

Who takes half an hour to load a car with a handful of goods? You state that he Wasn't hanging around the cul de sac then procede to describe a scenario where he hung around the cul de sac!

According to LE, there was a struggle. If you believe that.

it fits my theory, and my theory was in part based on that information.

If she didn't see it coming, the struggle wouldn't have occurred. Head shots, as i said, are meant to end things for certain - and they are effective at that. struggles likely don't happen after that.

That's the part that is most confusing (and heartbreaking) for me. If she really was shot at 6:45, and was still alive although unconscious at 8:30 when Davey returned home, she really fought to stay alive. That is an awful lot of time to be bleeding (especially from the head) and stay alive for 2 hours. It wasn't a shot that immediately killed her.

But she didn't freeze up. She put up a fight, which is what I think I would do. She had two babies to protect, twice as many reasons to fight back. Fighting back could save both of them.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30558459/persons-of-interest-questioned-in-amanda-blackburn-murder

A high-ranking Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department source said Amanda Blackburn was sexually assaulted, but a spokesperson for IMPD denies that to be true at this point in their investigation.

The following statement was issued to RTV6:

"At this point in the investigation, we cannot confirm, nor do we know that Amanda Blackburn was sexually abused.

That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that."

Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ed-in-connection-to-death-of-amanda-blackburn

The police account says there was a struggle and she was protecting her child. So, i'm not completely just theorizing. If the LE is to be believed, then compliant was likely not the case.

Has the autopsy been released yet? Did she have injuries that suggest a struggle took place? This case is very odd because burglars prefer to avoid confrontations with homeowners.

He was allegedly a burglar not a home renovator.

Who takes half an hour to load a car with a handful of goods? You state that he Wasn't hanging around the cul de sac then procede to describe a scenario where he hung around the cul de sac!

Televisions and stuff? It would take me at least a half hour. Especially if were to be constantly on the lookout for someone spotting me. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

I know who I believe.

I believe police who have done an autopsy and said there was no sign of SA.

I believe neighbours who heard a gunshot yet not a struggle.

I believe common sense which tells me any Burglar would turn around and run out the way they came in if faced with someone home unexpectedly.

I want to know what the Burglar was doing between 5.30am and 6.45 am.

I want to know why he didn't drive his suv up

I want to know a lot of things...!

SA - doesn't go hand in hand with struggle - one does not exclude the other. So not sure how that is relevant.

Struggle doesn't have to be audible. but imo a very legit question to ask. However, I don't think that there has to be a scream in a struggle.

I think that calling the flight as opposed to fight common sense is just trying to strengthen a point. I think both are plausible. :)

Not sure what time of day has to do with struggle that LE described - not sure , maybe you can explain why that is relevant to what I said.

Suv and any other things you are wondering about - also not sure how that is relevant to not accepting the description of a struggle. What exactly do you mean ?

Has the autopsy been released yet? Did she have injuries that suggest a struggle took place? This case is very odd because burglars prefer to avoid confrontations with homeowners.

I know right, and they REALLY tend to avoid half executing them, botching it, and taking off with....not quite sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard