GA GA - Gloria Baird, 23, Atlanta, Dec 1969

Thank you. I received something in the mail today that yet again, proves my disappointment in some with regard to Gloria's disappearance. Trying to push through it and use this latest letdown to strengthen my resolve.

Looking for Georgia law concerning how one goes about declaring someone legally dead, when there are no bodies or evidence of death other than a SSN not being used. Even the evidence of where her car was found is inconclusive. I did not declare her dead. Someone else says they did. The probate court clerk says that the doc filed several years ago was to look for assets, and is not a presumption of death. If no one knows off the top of their head, I will call the probate court and figure out what happened. Thanks!

Try this and see if it answers your questions/helps:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/Default.asp

From above link:

Scroll down to the state of Georgia

Georgia
Title 53 Wills, Trusts, and Administration of Estates

Click on Title 53 - Wills, Trusts & Administration of Estates

Click on I Agree

Scroll down to Title 53 – click on the + to open up Title 53
It should now show Chapters 1-17

Scroll down to Chapter 9 and click on the + to open/expand – you want this section

Scroll down to under Chapter 9 and click on the + sign by Article 1 – Administration of Estate.

ARTICLE 1. ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATE

It should open up to

§ 53-9-1. Presumption or proof of death; presumption that missing person predeceased other deceased individual; ...

§ 53-9-2. Filing and contents of petition; publication of notice

§ 53-9-3. Hearing; finding of death

§ 53-9-4. Issuance of letters or order

§ 53-9-5. Revocation of letters upon proof that missing individual is alive

§ 53-9-6. Recovery of property by missing individual

§ 53-9-7. Distribution of assets

§ 53-9-8. Probate court judges allowed to hold certain funds for missing heir or beneficiary under decedent's will

Click on each section above to read

Let me know if you need help

Also from Social Security a snippit

https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbook.17/handbook-1721.html

It opened for me! I haven't had much time lately to do any research so I let me Ancestry subscription go until I have more time. I see on the proof of incarceration that you attached the alias "Johnson Goodman". When I did my searches, I didn't have that. Dang it. I am really curious about that party Gloria attended and who she left with (if any of that actually happened). I am so sorry you have gone through all this :(

Sevins42...did you say that you submitted a DNA test to Ancestry?

image.jpg

I have Ancestry. I can check. I searched this name in Georgia before. Didn't get any hits. I have never searched Ancestry for criminal records. I will have to do do that. No, I did not submit my DNA to Ancestry. Why do you ask? My father did. I am curious to about the party. I wish people weren't so mean, and would just talk to me. Jackie Goodman is the person who claimed to have seen her leave a party, so I am told. This is a lie I think, or a mis-memory. Hard to believe people would make that up, especially to a child (me, when I first learned of it). I am not misremembering, as the story has become legend with those who told me. It is a mantra that has been repeated over the years. I have been in contact with her, or I should say, I have written her multiple times. No response. Thank you. I can try talking with her brother again, but he was adament about not giving me her contact info. That didn't matter, but still, she's not talking.
It opened for me! I haven't had much time lately to do any research so I let me Ancestry subscription go until I have more time. I see on the proof of incarceration that you attached the alias "Johnson Goodman". When I did my searches, I didn't have that. Dang it. I am really curious about that party Gloria attended and who she left with (if any of that actually happened). I am so sorry you have gone through all this :(

Sevins42...did you say that you submitted a DNA test to Ancestry?

View attachment 85995

I was asking about the DNA to Ancestry for two reasons....If Gloria possibly left and had more children and they happen to do the Ancestry DNA test, they would show up on your results. And also because I submitted and was thinking we might be related through the Bairds :)

Well, that would be exciting! Perhaps i will take that test. If you have a tree on Ancestry, we could share notes. What are the names of your great grandparents? You can email me privately: (modsnip)

She might have been pregnant in November, 1969. I often wonder if I have a sibling. :)

I was asking about the DNA to Ancestry for two reasons....If Gloria possibly left and had more children and they happen to do the Ancestry DNA test, they would show up on your results. And also because I submitted and was thinking we might be related through the Bairds :)

I just read through this thread, as sometimes I like to revisit the older missing persons threads, and saw this one was in GA, which is where I am from and currently live. I don't think I can really be of much help, but I do look forward to seeing if more information comes out of anything, or if you ever find out what happened to your mom! Please keep us posted!

A couple of things that I noticed while reading this thread- You are correct that Fort McClellan (aka Ft. Mac) is no longer open (and I may have misspelled it). Also, Georgia Baptist Hospital is no longer in existence. It closed in the early 2000's. The address from the divorce papers for Johnny Goodman, should probably read Mercer AVENUE. That whole area is quite different. Also, this is the link for the grave site in Marietta, for who I believe is Johnny C. Goodman. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=159530543&df=all&

I wonder if any former military colleagues have been spoken to? People that would have known both to give a bit of information on the relationship between Gloria and Johnny.

Having been an army wife in a previous life, there's a lot of gossip that goes on and maybe that would help to get some insight.

I also thought of Mary Shotwell Little. I grew up in East Point and lived close enough to Fort Mac to hear the trumpet when they played but I don't remember this case. I

Was this Jane Doe out of Hernando County? Do you have a pic of your mother?

Received an e-mail regarding a Florida detective who believes that Gloria fits the profile of a certain Jane Doe who was found in Florida in 1971. I don't feel comfortable giving up too much information about that yet until I actually talk to the detective and supply a DNA sample. Gloria had family in Florida and was reported to have possibly been seen on a Greyhound bus between Jacksonville and Georgia, although there's no guarantee that the girl was her. Anyway, it's a longshot and I'm very skeptical; but, it's something. I'm going to keep looking meanwhile and I'm going to work on making people more aware of the missing, even if it is her.

:silenced:

Was this Jane Doe out of Hernando County Fl? Do you have a pic of your mom?

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/Unsolved/images/72_06053/72_06053_Bulletin.pdf

I think this is the 71 case they are talking about. I think Gloria Baird was looked at as a possible person, but we have DNA in CODIS now. She needs to get her DNA submitted just in case there is a match out there somewhere. I think the height is off, and I think our Jane Doe had brown eyes.

Please call if you need any help - George Loydgren is the detective on this case. We would love to put a name to our girl. You can email also if you don't feel comfortable calling. Gloydgren@hernandosheriff.org. I think it is on the flyer too.

I see that DNA is in CODIS FOR Gloria Baird. So I don't think she is our Jane Doe in Hernando county.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back