The Key: Planted or Not? Impact?

I'm the same way.... I would need some sort of event to jog my memory.

I think it is fair to say that TH going missing and the "biggest search in WI history" would be considered an event?

I might remember what I did between the night I started to investigate and the SUV being found and a huge search being conducted. He was called and went out to Avery's and I think Zipperers too, worked late that night.... then he has a day off... then the SUV was found on the morning of the 5th. Maybe he didn't see it as a big event.

Also... considering he had a history of writing reports "late" (months... and sometimes even years later), I imagine his memory is phenomenal and he should have remembered! IMO

His memory is surprisingly selective.

I have read testimony that she had a house key, a garage key, and at least 1 key for her studio on her key chain. This is from combined testimony from her brother and her business partner.

Where are those keys??????

Right??

http://uproxx.com/tv/making-a-murderer-new-evidence-teresa-halbach-keychain/

Here is confirmation that this websleuthing actually works and possibly can make a difference. Even Buting says so!! Keep it up guys, the work that you are doing is awesome, and most importantly LE and officials are being shown how it REALLY should be done. :cheers::clap::takeabow::yourock:

Not impressed at all. I carry a set of car keys..AND...I also carry a spare in my purse...just in case I lock my keys in my car.

Not impressed at all. I carry a set of car keys..AND...I also carry a spare in my purse...just in case I lock my keys in my car.

would you be impressed if her brother and her business partner said she had more than 1 key on her key ring? Because that is what they testified too.

http://uproxx.com/tv/making-a-murderer-new-evidence-teresa-halbach-keychain/

Here is confirmation that this websleuthing actually works and possibly can make a difference. Even Buting says so!! Keep it up guys, the work that you are doing is awesome, and most importantly LE and officials are being shown how it REALLY should be done. :cheers::clap::takeabow::yourock:

I'd also like to know when this picture of TH was taken, was it taken on the same day? I don't think it is so strange for a woman to change key rings...some women change purses daily...also, I might change them in my job--put the linear around my neck--and leave the other set in my car--just so I don't lose or misplace my keys while walking around shooting pictures. It's really not a smoking bomb.

I'd also like to know when this picture of TH was taken, was it taken on the same day? I don't think it is so strange for a woman to change key rings...some women change purses daily...also, I might change them in my job--put the linear around my neck--and leave the other set in my car--just so I don't lose or misplace my keys while walking around shooting pictures. It's really not a smoking bomb.

if you read the transcripts you will find all these answers. Her business partner took that picture shortly after she purchased her RAV4. And again... he testified about her keys... and so did her brother.

If you are interested.... the transcripts can be found here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?587-Steven-Avery-Jury-Trial-Transcripts

LOL Keyrings/keychains are one of the few things most people never ever change. IMO anyway.

The keys being in that picture shows she carried a key ring with more than one key, so where are the other keys at? I was basically saying cheers to the attention to detail that is shown in the research being done here and on other sites by posters. You know, actual investigations, like what LE forgot or ignored to do? As Buting said himself in the article I posted there, him and Strang, "were just two minds, but with a million minds behind them they are seeing things that were missed the first time around."

The keys being in that picture shows she carried a key ring with more than one key, so where are the other keys at? I was basically saying cheers to the attention to detail that is shown in the research being done here and on other sites by posters. You know, actual investigations, like what LE forgot or ignored to do? As Buting said himself in the article I posted there, him and Strang, "were just two minds, but with a million minds behind them they are seeing things that were missed the first time around."

Thanks for posting that! I do think everyone here does an excellent job. What I was trying to say is, yes they never found THOSE keys, but I don't think it is unusual for a woman to have 2 sets of keys with her at all times. Some people hide a key on their vehicle with a magnet, some of us carry an extra in our purse. That doesn't mean SA got rid of those keys and found another in her purse and used that one. I don't think it proves anything other than--she might have had 2 sets of car keys with her.

Thanks for posting that! I do think everyone here does an excellent job. What I was trying to say is, yes they never found THOSE keys, but I don't think it is unusual for a woman to have 2 sets of keys with her at all times. Some people hide a key on their vehicle with a magnet, some of us carry an extra in our purse. That doesn't mean SA got rid of those keys and found another in her purse and used that one. I don't think it proves anything other than--she might have had 2 sets of car keys with her.

So regarding the key- So I'm still trying to get through making a murderer and was absolutely appalled at Ken Kratz's closing argument where he's shaming everyone who is trying to say the police planted evidence but then the next breath saying well the ends justified the means and the jury should set that aside because cops only plant evidence to make guilty people look more guilty. WTF. So I personally believe that car was found on the 3rd somewhere near the Avery property and the plates were called in by AC. Then the car was tampered with and searched and that's when the valet key was found with the lanyard. The car was moved so to the junk yard because there would be probable cause to search the property when it was so easily found in the search party. Because I was thinking. ..Whenever someone calls in a missing person they are usually told they have to wait a certain number of hours before an official report is filed but perhaps an unofficial investigation began before the official one begins. Meaning all her friends and family have to state is that she had a meeting at the Avery residence and the MCSO's ears perked up. To me the key is everything, it represents how he did not get a fair trial.

Whew, it's a good thing neither opening statements nor closing arguments are considered evidence that the jury is to use to decide their verdict.

Babysitting/watchdog cops- So what I don't understand is.. Colburn and Lenk were supposed to be babysat when they were present during the investigation. Why was their supervision done so casually and why didn't the Defense use that more?? truthfully I think the jury needed that spelled out and hit them over the head with it. Why did they allow cops that needed babysitters anywhere near that property and what kinds of things they could do to interfere with the investigation? Every piece of evidence they found, logged , and any reports made by them should be tossed as inadmissible. imo.

Yes - and it is also notable that the key is on a lanyard that has another part that it detaches from. Where is the other side of the lanyard? The part that typically goes around the neck. I envision this small piece of the lanyard with the key was attached to the neck portion of the lanyard and hung somewhere. I do not believe that Teresa wore her keys around her neck on a regular basis. I am envisioning the neck part hanging from a hook somewhere and this key was left behind as a spare and was removed from the other part.

Question - Is it possible that the cops did not get the spare key from anyone, but rather saw it hanging on a coat hook in the house she lived when they visited there in the initial investigation? In other words, unbeknownst to the roommate, the ex boyfriend or the brother, perhaps they found the key looking through her room for clues, pocketed it and used it to plant in the house? Just guessing here.

Question - Is it possible that the cops did not get the spare key from anyone, but rather saw it hanging on a coat hook in the house she lived when they visited there in the initial investigation? In other words, unbeknownst to the roommate, the ex boyfriend or the brother, perhaps they found the key looking through her room for clues, pocketed it and used it to plant in the house? Just guessing here.

I guess when the Prosecutor says the ends justify the means.. anything is possible.

Yes - and it is also notable that the key is on a lanyard that has another part that it detaches from. Where is the other side of the lanyard? The part that typically goes around the neck. I envision this small piece of the lanyard with the key was attached to the neck portion of the lanyard and hung somewhere. I do not believe that Teresa wore her keys around her neck on a regular basis. I am envisioning the neck part hanging from a hook somewhere and this key was left behind as a spare and was removed from the other part.

I believe that part of the lanyard was found in the SUV.

My guess is that it was found in her SUV, along with her other belongings. It was a valet key and not the normal key she used...so when AC found/called in the SUV they found the perfect item to plant.

I thought this video might be of interest and seriously suggest that you check out Shaun's channel.

In Micheal Griesbach's book, the Innocent Killer, he actually refers to the discovery of a "set of keys" and not just one. I find this really interesting. If they are referring to the keys I previously pointed out that were on the shelf, then how come they didn't see them earlier? If they are referring to a different set of keys, why were the rest not photographed.

I swear this case gets weirder and weirder.

[video=youtube;Y4Pywsb86dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Pywsb86dU[/video]

I thought this video might be of interest and seriously suggest that you check out Shaun's channel.

In Micheal Griesbach's book, the Innocent Killer, he actually refers to the discovery of a "set of keys" and not just one. I find this really interesting. If they are referring to the keys I previously pointed out that were on the shelf, then how come they didn't see them earlier? If they are referring to a different set of keys, why were the rest not photographed.

I swear this case gets weirder and weirder.

[video=youtube;Y4Pywsb86dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Pywsb86dU[/video]

I assume Michael Griesbach simply misspoke or assumed based on the fact most people carry keys (plural) that it was a set of keys instead of one singular key. He's just some guy who misspoke about evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back