Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm working my way through the transcripts, and am nearly through day 2, and would like to share something interesting that happened out of the presence of the jury that I have not seen mentioned:

During the testimony of Joellen Zipperer, Kratz gets upset at testimony about a phone call George Zipperer received from the Sheriff's department the night Teresa was reported missing. He claimed it was hearsay, and wanted to speak outside of court. Turns out, the information that he was trying to get from Joellen was this:

On Nov 3, after 5PM, Corporal Lemieux (Calumet Co) calls Mr. Zipperer, and he becomes belligerant on the phone.

That same night, Investigator Dedering (Calumet Sheriff's Dept) does a followup at 9:40P. He describes that: George was extremely belligerant initially, threatened to have his dog eat anyone who would come on the property, wanted Teresa arrested even after being told she was a missing person, and denied that he had ever contacted Auto Trader or arranged photos of the car. He told Lemieux, and then Dedering, a series of lies about what he and his grandson Jason were doing that day, as well insisting Teresa was a trespasser on his property.

Strang argues this was relevant to show that the investigation was not conducted objectively w.o bias. Avery and Zipperer should have been on the same level: They both had known appointments that afternoon w. Teresa, George Zipperer became belligerent and uncooperative w. police, and continues w. this even when told she is missing and police need help, and tells the police a whole series of lies about that afternoon. Strang argues that police should have pursued Zipperer w. further investigation, since he was one of the last people to see Teresa, and was lying about everything that came out of his mouth. He was hostile, uncooperative, yet received no further investigation.

The judge sustains Kratz's objection, but it appears that they will try to get the testimony out anyway through Dedering, so we will see if that happens. Kratz is asked if he plans to call Lemieux, but he says he doesn't know "he'll see".

Had anyone heard any of this before?

I had read this already, isn't it crazy that LE didn't follow up on that???? Reading this again.... I read Colburn's testimony too, I am pretty sure he "assisted" with this too, maybe the 9:40 time.

Who is to say this guy didn't follow her? I am left with so many questions in this case because it seems every way I turn there is another shady person that wasn't investigated further!

BigCityAccountant ~ that guy... uhmmm if you look for more youtube video's or his webpage, which were actually posted before the documentary came out, they are uhmm interesting LOL I don't know if they can or should be posted here, but he has some pretty wild stories that go years back to his childhood. OH and... don't forget your tinfoil hat! ;-) If you find them and watch, I would be curious to know what you think, since you are from the area :)

stephsb
The judge sustains Kratz's objection, but it appears that they will try to get the testimony out anyway through Dedering, so we will see if that happens. Kratz is asked if he plans to call Lemieux, but he says he doesn't know "he'll see".

I just took a quick look, I don't think Dedering testifies. And I don't see that the Defense calls him either... I wonder why they didn't call him.

ETA: unless it's on Day 3 and we are still missing that one

Tweet for the day!

Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 1h1 hour ago
2015 Kratz letter to SA: ADMIT guilt. SA didn't admit first time won't admit this time. Save stamps, still innocent #MakingAMurderer

Why in the world would Kratz be sending SA a letter??? He hasn't worked for the State in how long??? Just seems completely inappropriate and just plain odd.

BigCityAccountant ~ that guy... uhmmm if you look for more youtube video's or his webpage, which were actually posted before the documentary came out, they are uhmm interesting LOL I don't know if they can or should be posted here, but he has some pretty wild stories that go years back to his childhood. OH and... don't forget your tinfoil hat! ;-) If you find them and watch, I would be curious to know what you think, since you are from the area :)

I saw that one and posted it here because of the relevance, but then just now went back and looked at some of his other video's since I was curious, I definitely need to start making my tinfoil hat...LOL..in my opinion some things he says in his other videos are kind of out there...

I'm not necessarily from the area, I do own property further north of there, my grandmother grew up in Two Rivers and lived in Iron Mountain (which is further north of Crivitz) have lots of friends all over the area though...Green Bay, Marinette County, Menominee County, Pound (south of Crivitz)---so I do know the area well. I do spend a lot of time up in the UP....off topic at bit, are you from the area they are looking for that Oak Island Treasure..the guys that are doing that show are from Iron Mountain area as well.

I had read that Marinette County had searched the vehicles at the cabin, I'm wondering if Marinette County would have been the ones interviewing him? By the way Crivitz (where the cabin is located in is Marinette County) Funny, we looked at a cabin to purchase about a mile down the road from that cabin last year, it was a very remote area.

Well, I listened to the one hour twenty minute interrogation of Brendan that took place in the law enforcement vehicle. I used earphones for clarity. At no time was he given a Miranda warning advising him of his rights. His story was pretty consistent but it appeared he was trying to tell the officers what they wanted to hear while they were telling him what they think happened.

The interrogation ended with one officer telling Brendan to not tell anyone that they had questioned him, to keep it between them. I wonder why?

I am in Western Canada, province of Saskatchewan ( farrrrrr far away from Oak Island, which I had to google LOL)

Unfortunately, if you watched the news tonight, you may have seen we had a school shooting in our province today and last I heard 4 were confirmed dead :( I was watching the RCMP news conference earlier tonight and this case crossed my mind.... the police give out very little information and the spokesperson had to continually say "to maintain the integrity of the investigation we will not be releasing that information at this time". We will hear very little about it until a trial or until he pleads guilty, and even then because he is a minor, we may not get many details.

And it's not just this case really.... in this case to me it seems that the prosecutor and LE went too far in the media, but how many times have we seen it with the Defense doing the same thing.... Baez with the Anthony case comes to mind, Geragos with the Peterson case..... some changes to the system might not be a bad thing ;-)

Was this discussed? http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...n-dassey-transferred-allouez-prison/79158190/

I wonder if all the publicity is making the other inmates kind of target him for mistreatment. **speculative**

He was transferred 122 miles southwest of the Allouez, WI prison to the Portage, WI. That's a 2 hour drive from where his family resides. If they fear for his life, it's possible that it's not the inmates they fear.

A state corrections spokeswoman would not say why Dassey had been moved for the second time. He had first been at the Portage prison for a little over two years. I think they also don't want him interviewed.

Remember, the Portage prison is where Jeffrey Dahmer was killed by another inmate because of lax security. If Dassey is also murdered at this prison I will really wonder.

stephsb

I just took a quick look, I don't think Dedering testifies. And I don't see that the Defense calls him either... I wonder why they didn't call him.

ETA: unless it's on Day 3 and we are still missing that one

Day 3 is available on the website where the transcripts came from. Dedering doesn't testify, day 3 is the day the State's star witness Bobby dassey derails the whole trial w. That new testimony the defense didnt know about. Most of the day was spent in chambers and hearing the defenses' motions for mistrial. The judge gives the defense an extra day to prepare to cross examine Bobby, so the State calls Timothy Austin. Prior to Dassey, Nicole Sturm testified. So only three witnesses that day. Day 4 begins w. The defenses cross examination of Dassey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A while back I had asked about the seat which appear next to the fire pit that was burned, it was in one of the pictures....well...there appears to be a red seat in the back of Avery's garage in this picture...I wonder where that is in relation to the 3 x 3 area...hum...I also wonder why SA felt the need to clean that floor with bleach?

Attachments

• Capture-3.PNG
    Capture-3.PNG
    484.4 KB · Views: 79
No, but that is a good point....we have the propane driver saying he saw TH leave the Avery property and then we have the mysterious phone call by Avery...I posted that I thought that TH might have really left the property and then returned to fetch something she had left there---could it be that Avery summoned her back to the property on that phone call because she really did leave something at his property, accidentially? Things that make you go hum.

A very good point? So in .00 seconds Avery told her she left something at his house and she says she'll come back? They must talk like race horses in Wisconsin. BTW, Halbach's phone stopped working at 2:41 so this point you think you're making has no way of being based on reality.

Let's get back to your other point now, shall we? Explain to me how you are certain Avery left a voicemail asking Teresa why she never showed up. If you aren't certain, stop suggesting it.

Nope. According to Dassey her phone was already burned at that point. Plus her voicemails were deleted on November 2nd at roughly 8:00 a.m.

You cannot say that his testimony is correct and then say that LE told him to say it---it's either one or the other.

A very good point? So in .00 seconds Avery told her she left something at his house and she says she'll come back? They must talk like race horses in Wisconsin. BTW, Halbach's phone stopped working at 2:41 so this point you think you're making has no way of being based on reality.

Let's get back to your other point now, shall we? Explain to me how you are certain Avery left a voicemail asking Teresa why she never showed up. If you aren't certain, stop suggesting it.

I get it---you think he is innocent--I disagree---let's agree to disagree. That should not preclude me from throwing out theories. The whole point of this website is to propose theories, correct? Let's say, to bounce ideas around? You cannot say for certain the reason SA called TH's phone at 4:35pm and neither can I. I'm throwing theories out that is all.

Not sure how Brookita478, " answered her own questions by asking how come no one heard any gunshots? I'm glad she chimed in though, because there is absolutely zero proof that TH was shot 10 times. Just like there is no evidence that she was raped, or stabbed, or pleaded for her life ect... That was just a sick fantasy spun by a mentally ill DA, in order to taint the jury pool.

Even in hunting season, ten shotgun blasts, fired in a neighbor's garage would have people going WTF? At least in my neighborhood .

I agree there weren't more than 2 shots tops, but I wanted to comment on the caliber. .22s are small caliber rifles, they don't make a lot of noise, and they're used for things like rabbit and squirrel hunting mostly.

A while back I had asked about the seat which appear next to the fire pit that was burned, it was in one of the pictures....well...there appears to be a red seat in the back of Avery's garage in this picture...I wonder where that is in relation to the 3 x 3 area...hum...I also wonder why SA felt the need to clean that floor with bleach?

Is this SA's garage or Earl's?

I get it---you think he is innocent--I disagree---let's agree to disagree. That should not preclude me from throwing out theories. The whole point of this website is to propose theories, correct? Let's say, to bounce ideas around? You cannot say for certain the reason SA called TH's phone at 4:35pm and neither can I. I'm throwing theories out that is all.

But you didn't throw out a theory. You said Avery called and left a voicemail asking why she never showed up because Kratz, of all people, mentioned it. Casual readers might assume that's a fact of the case when it's not.

And it's fine to have that theory but all the facts of the case point to Avery not even leaving her a message at all. Her cellphone registered a 13 second call. That's enough time for her cellphone to go straight to voicemail, run through the "Hi. You've reached Teresa..." and by the time it gets to the end the caller (Avery) had hung up. His phone records of a 00 second call to her confirm as much. Furthermore, from the second LE and news stations started interviewing him he maintained Teresa had been there, so the theory that he called to leave an alibi message isn't based on reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa