NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #2

I saw that some charges were filed and progress was finally being made on the case of Justin Gaines, who disappeared just 1 week before Kyle did. That gave me hope to come here for good news, but alas...the case seems cold as ever. I guess there is hope knowing that after 8 years, progress can be made and answers are still possible.

I used to think him leaving the bar without his jacket was so odd since it was cold outside, but surveillance video shows others leaving in short sleeves...plus, he made his way to get pizza (video confirms that, too).

I don't think this was a random street attack/robbing or even gang related at all- they wouldn't have went through the efforts of hiding him. His disappearance has something to do with someone at that bar OR he was lured into a situation he couldn't escape from. People can't keep secrets so I hope one day someone breaks and comes forward.

Wow this guy is gorgeous.

So sad he's missing and probably dead. Not sure if he is a Smiley Face Killer victim though...he would have probably been found by now.

:bump: Thought of Kyle today (and every time I pass that electronic billboard on I-77 S that had his picture when he first went missing) I pray one day his case is solved. Locals haven't forgotten about him.

Me either. He's one of 3 missing cases I carry closest. Him, Kara Kopetsky, and Justin Gaines. I've never understood my attachment to these 3 but none have ever been solved.

What Happened to Kyle Fleischmann? It’s been nearly nine years since the 24-year-old vanished after a night out in uptown

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/August-2016/Lost-Faces-of-Charlotte/What-Happened-to-Kyle-Fleischmann/

Nearly nine years after that night, Dick Fleischmann says that contrary to various theories and speculation that have swirled around town about the case, he believes this: It was a random crime. He believes that his son, drunk and disoriented, wandered up North Davidson Street in the middle of the night. Someone driving by spotted what seemed to be an easy mark for a robbery. That person, or persons, killed Kyle and dumped his body in what was then a construction site at North Davidson and 16th streets. “He went to the wrong side of town and he was intoxicated,” Dick says.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police declined a request for an interview, saying through a spokesperson that there are no updates or new information. Dick says he no longer hears from CMPD detectives. He doesn’t know of any new leads or information. He holds no hope that Kyle will be found alive. Or that the person or people responsible for his death will be caught. Or that his firstborn will ever receive a proper burial. Dick wants to know what happened to Kyle. Or maybe he doesn’t. “Part of my brain tells me what I don’t know may be in my best interest,” he says.

I still think about Kyle all of the time and wonder what happened to him. I didn't know him but I live in Charlotte and went to Buckhead Saloon all of the time. In fact I met my husband there. This case just really haunts me and I want it to be solved so bad. I was living in the Chantilly neighborhood when they found those unknown remains a fee years later and I didn't think it would be Kyle (since it is not that near where he was last seen) but I was praying that it would be. I am wondering if someone accidentally ran over him and they didn't want to get in trouble for it so they disposed of the body? The robbery theory is pretty believable as well but not so sure if it was gang members. I was actually robbed walking to my boyfriend's apartment in uptown Charlotte like a year before Kyle went missing. It was dangerous late at night. I am so thankful that I ended up okay! I also am curious about the girl that he was talking to in Buckhead. I don't know if it was just rumors or not but I heard he met a girl in the bar and she was with two guys who didn't seem to be too fond of Kyle. If this is true I really wish these people could be found and interviewed. There are now tons of podcasts about missing persons. I have let a few of the podcast hosts know about Kyle and they are interested in it. They had never heard of this case. It really needs to be opened up again and some attention needs to be brought back on it. Someone knows something!!!

Thank you for you thoughtful words,and
:welcome:

to Websleuths!!

krittm !!

We're glad you're with us!!

:thewave::cheer::cheer::cheer:

9 years later, man's disappearance remains a mystery

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/9-years-later-mans-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/346012428

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say over the past nine years they have received several leads but never the one to crack the cold case of 24-year-old Kyle Fleischmann, a college graduate, hard worker and good son, according to those who knew him.

"It's a true missing persons case; we really don't know what happened to Kyle that evening," said detectives.

CMPD says it has received new leads on this case as recently as this year but they keep ending up at dead ends.

Still, even nine years later, police are pleading to the public for help.

"If there's anything remotely related to Kyle's disappearance that evening that someone may have experienced, we do ask that they do come forward and talk with police and reveal what they do know," police told NBC Charlotte.

There is a $50,000.00 reward for anyone with information leading to Fleischmann's whereabouts.

I think about Kyle and his friends & family every year. I can't believe it's been 9 years with no resolution.

Bumping for kyle. This family deserves answers and kyle deserves a proper burial.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After watching Kyle's segment on crime watch daily there are some facts I hadn't been aware of. The PI hired by the family pieced together surveillance footage that shows what he believes to be an altercation between kyle and two guys in the saloon. One of the guys was the boyfriend of the girl he was talking/dancing with - the other his friend. Kyle leaves shortly after they do, speaking to tnhe girl again as they cross college street. This is possibly the reason he forgot his jacket.

His last phone ping was feet away from the bridge crossing into Cordelia park. It's known for gang and drug activity. 17 dogs hit on this location for his scent. People dismiss the gang theory because the body was hidden. But what if they didn't? Is it possible he was killed and pushed into the creek? I don't know how wide/deep it would've been. It wouldn't need to be all that deep to float the body. Eventually it would reach the river.

I'm going to post a picture of the bridge where the last ping was. You will notice right beside it is a manhole. I don't know if it's for the sewer or part of the storm water system. But is it possible someone could have hidden the body inside?

ff2cadeb30220862c69de997a9f1ce8b.jpg

I passed the idea along to a family member and it will be looked in to.

He believes that his son, drunk and disoriented, wandered up North Davidson Street in the middle of the night. Someone driving by spotted what seemed to be an easy mark for a robbery. That person, or persons, killed Kyle and dumped his body in what was then a construction site at North Davidson and 16th streets. “He went to the wrong side of town and he was intoxicated,” Dick says.

Does anyone know why his father thinks Kyle was dumped into the construction site?

Does anyone know the general location of Kyle's apartment?

Can anyone tell me which Fuel Pizza he went to? These days, there's one at the corner of College and 6th that's open late but I don't remember if it was already around in 2007.

Thanks for the link. I found another article that says the remains have been there for about two years.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/lincolnton/body-found-in-woods-in-lincolnton/412841766

I posted this on Patricia's thread, just in case.

NC - Patricia Loveless, 62, Lincolnton, 13 March 2015
Looks like they were confirmed to be Patricia Loveless

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2017/02/24/sbi-investigating-possible-human-remains-found

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back