Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get Dr. Phil. :( Anyone watch???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. PhilVerified account ‏@DrPhil 7h7 hours ago
Today: The Jodi Arias murder, exclusive new details revealed. #JodiArias #DrPhil http://bit.ly/DrP14094

Prosecutor Reveals ‘One Mistake’ Jodi Arias Made In The Murder Of Travis Alexander (with clip)

"...In a new interview with Dr. Phil, Martinez – author of Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars – says three five-gallon gas cans helped him prove Jodi Arias had planned to kill ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

“She was on a short list of one,” Martinez explains of his early suspicions of Arias in the investigation. “From the very beginning when I went to the scene, I was talking to the detective and he said, ‘Well we really don’t have any suspects, but everybody keeps talking about this ex-girlfriend Jodi Arias.’

“Everyone that was there that talked about her had nothing but negative things to say about how she wouldn’t leave this guy alone,” Martinez adds...

However, Martinez says inconsistencies began to surface in her story and, soon, the evidence began to contradict Arias’ claim. Of note, Martinez says he learned that Arias had borrowed two gas cans a month before travelling to Arizona, where she eventually killed Alexander.

“With that information, I started to take a look at some of the receipts that were taken during an execution of a search warrant on her house and I saw there was a receipt for a five-gallon gas can. So now I knew that I had three five-gallon gas cans – [a total of] 15 gallons,” Martinez explains.

“And I also knew that in an interview with the police, her mother said, ‘Jodi told me that she wasn’t anywhere in Mesa and she had the receipts to prove it.’ So it was clear she was planning to keep certain receipts, but she was also planning not to stop in Arizona for gas because the 15 gallons allowed her to go through the state of Arizona without stopping for gas.”...

“Even in opening statements, the defense attorney indicated it was a trip she hadn’t planned … but the gas cans spoke otherwise,” Martinez concludes, also pointing out that Arias changed her hair color before leaving for Arizona and removed the license plates from her rental car once she arrived in Mesa. “She went to great lengths to make sure that no one could tell she was there. And, by in large, she was successful. Except for that one mistake, she probably would’ve gotten away with it.”

Martinez shares more revelations from inside the Jodi Arias trial on Monday’s Dr. Phil. Plus, hear from a juror in the case. Check here to see where you can watch."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jodi-arias-prosecutor_us_56c188f1e4b08ffac125bae3

CbSABteWEAESzwj.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbSABteWEAESzwj.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy HaydenVerified account ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3h3 hours ago
Juan Martinez gives me the inside story on prosecuting #JodiArias. Did interview at Perryville Prison. Airs tom nite

CbRiMkPUEAAxvs3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the murderer's Twitter:

Jodi Arias Updates ‏@JodiAnnArias 1d1 day ago
Obviously, @abc15 is not a credible news source, but thanks for the free publicity. Whether true or false, it always helps Jodi.

Jodi Arias Updates ‏@JodiAnnArias 3h3 hours ago
A reality check is in order as Juan begins peddling his book, making appearances & patting himself on the back 4 a job well done. #jodiarias (sour grapes? no one believed her 'self-defense' fairy tale)

Jodi Arias Updates ‏@JodiAnnArias 3h3 hours ago
He should remember that the retrial was a loss 4 his office and a complete waste of money 4 the rest of the county. #teamjodiarias #winners

(BBM- my comment)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting----and I hate having to watch Dr Phil. That man peddles so much

Ok 30 minutes in---haven't learned a darn thing. Juan was maybe 15 (20 minutes at the most) rest is jurior,his sister and friends. My opinion only---not living up to the hype they gave it. Guess I thought Juan would be more front and center---however loved the relaxed out of court Juan (softer around edges)

I'm going to wait and read the whole book before I pass judgement. This, out of context, could mean that this was his first thought when seeing the first of the evidence, but as he learned more of her psychopathy, he saw the whole picture. One small paragraph does not make a complete big picture. I guess we'll see what he thinks in totality next week.

And that quote by itself might be enough to yank the killer's chain as she waits for dribbles of info.... :jail: Because you KNOW she's interested since it's all about HER.

The voice of reason.

I thank you.

Who is Clancy?

Clancy is Travis friend from PPL. Jody had confronted her in the bathroom once because she was jealous of Clancy. She thought Travis and Clancy was too close.

Chris's wife is Sky Hughes. I think Clancy and Chris on Dr. Phil is confusing.

Going across FB...i am on ipad so I cannot link...Trial by Diaries and I beleive Paul Sanders have posted Tanishas comments...she is not happy with Dr Phil. Tanisha was suppose to talk about Travis and Dr Phil lied to her this was all about IT...that is what the call the felon...

Tanisha is very upset as IT got what she wanted...attention

One of them said the show should have been a 2 day show. Even JM did not get a fair shot...IMO I did not like Dr Phils show...now I know why I do not watch him

Maybe they can go on Nancy Grace or another show.

Also in the show, Tanisha comments on how JM did not do a good job on the autopsy info and then on the one juror that was a hold out....she never really got to finish what she wanted to say...the show moved to fast and was all about IT...so that comment is left hanging, in my view

Going across FB...i am on ipad so I cannot link...Trial by Diaries and I beleive Paul Sanders have posted Tanishas comments...she is not happy with Dr Phil. Tanisha was suppose to talk about Travis and Dr Phil lied to her this was all about IT...that is what the call the felon...

One of them said the show should have been a 2 day show. Even JM did not get a fair shot...IMO I did not like Dr Phils show...now I know why I do not watch him

Also in the show, Tanisha comments on how JM did not do a good job on the autopsy info and then on the one juror that was a hold out....she never really got to finish what she wanted to say...the show moved to fast and was all about IT...so that comment is left hanging, in my view

I agree with all above! Very rushed and no homage paid to the victim of his horrendous crime.

Kareem sold 'about 50 copies' of his rap about JA. ha ha ha

I frigging loved the laughter following the 'about 50 copies' answer, and Tanisha like a hop toad jumping all over that huge bullfrog. Ribbit.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.. I was getting irritated they were rehashing all this sh**.

Juan's book is out, the only reason they could possibly even have the chance to do this so many years later is BECAUSE of his book! So why include him at all? They knew he wouldn't have agreed to their taping if he knew it was all rehash? I'll bet he is annoyed too...

They could have given a basic backstory to new folks and then moved on to any new details (as well as on psychopathy - JA did not utilize the same tricks as most do), also wtf, isn't Dr Phil a doctor a PSYCHOLOGIST??

Like excuse me but, hellooo? It would have even been more productive of them to have filled the time-slot with information on how someone with all her diagnosis' tends to behave and how she filled ALL those prerequisites towards her victim, Travis, no?? In turn, that would have given Tanisha the opportunity to address what her brother was really like.

Uhh, sigh.

Went on Twitter to see what was said on Dr. Phil show today and Jen was Tweeting:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago
3 min and it's my turn to watch #juanmartinez and #drphil

Here we go! #drphil #juanmartinez

Hey there was "beautiful Mike!" Lol @mikewatkiss3tv #drphil

Oh the brain scrambling moment..good one #drphil #jodiarias

#jodiarias calling the cops was an epic fail for her #drphil

#juanmartinez knew he had to be aggressive with #jodiarias to get some kind of answer #drphil

Juan is in a red and navy striped tie :) #juantiereport....I couldn't resist #jodiarias

If it wasn't for the gas cans Juan thinks she may have gotten away with the murder #drphil #jodiarias

#jodiarias had 2 knives and a white car when she was going on another trip after the murder #drphil

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago
Tanisha thinks Juan should have gotten rid of juror 17...he tried but judge said no. #jodiarias #drphil Its on sidebar vid he wanted her off

Oh lord help me #thesong 💩#jodiarias #drphil

Kareem you came out of nowhere in middle of retrial...plueeese #jodiarias #drphil

When you lie with #jodiarias dogs you get fleas #drphil

Audience clapping that #juanmartinez wrote the book #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 58m58 minutes ago
Juan getting a round of appreciation for convicting #jodiarias 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 #drphil

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 58m58 minutes ago
That's a wrap...next #nancygrace

Juan Martinez Update ‏@JMartinezUpdate 12m12 minutes ago
#DrPhill to KW: "I would seriously rethink that. #JodiArias is a pathological liar and THE ONLY one EVER to suggest TA was abusive".

Juan Martinez Update ‏@JMartinezUpdate 31m31 minutes ago
Suprised Tanisha said "Juan Martinez is a great prosecuter but ... our family felt cheated & was not happy he didn't strike 17" #jodiarias

Dr. PhilVerified account ‏@DrPhil 41m41 minutes ago
Jody Arias juror says one juror’s vote saved Arias from death penalty. http://bit.ly/DrP_AriasJuror #DrPhil #JodiArias

CbRoybxUYAEjHb1.jpg

THE LAW ‏@GCC_legal 40m40 minutes ago
Jody Arias juror says one juror’s vote saved Arias from death penalty. http://bit.ly/DrP_AriasJuror #DrPhil #JodiArias

Jody Arias Juror Says One Juror's Vote Saved Arias From Death Penalty (with clip)

"...On Monday’s Dr. Phil, Holly talks about the jury’s deliberations and how this trial ended with another hung jury.

“Except for ... one juror, that is certainly entitled to her opinion ... you believe [Arias] would’ve gotten the death penalty?” Dr. Phil asks. “Everybody else believed that this was an evil, intentional, premediated act?”

“Definitely,” Holly claims. “Absolutely.” She continues, "n my opinion, Jodi and her defense team were manipulating her.”

Holly also talked about Arias' courtroom demeanor toward the jury during the trial.

“She definitely tried to make eye contact with us. She definitely didn’t seem like the Jodi from the pictures that we were seeing,” she says. “She definitely looked like a little librarian-type, and I think she really wanted us to focus on her to look at her and think, ‘I’m a real person. I’m not this monster.’”

But does Holly think Arias had any remorse over Alexander’s death?

“None at all,” Holly says. “I truly believe that if Jodi didn’t get caught or if she was ever released that she would do it again.”..."

http://www.drphil.com/shows/page/jodi_arias_juror/
---

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2h2 hours ago
#jodiarias

CbSgOtEVAAEzBBR.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 56m56 minutes ago
Nurmi saying defense won this trial twice not once. He says it's not a state victory #localnews #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 55m55 minutes ago
Nurmi says he and team spared the DP for #jodiarias twice #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 54m54 minutes ago
Nurmi says chemo is a piece of cake compared to trying the #jodiarias trial #localnews

Jen's Trial Diaries Retweeted
Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 2h2 hours ago
What secret did Juan Martinez keep for years? That & more in the primetime exclusive interview tonight! #JodiArias

CbSFHvAWwAAH74t.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching Phil, I think Tanisha was able to give the audience the impression that JA lied about Travis. I am disappointed Tanisha trashed JM about juror 17.

Sex tape was a black mail to go to Cancun .... TA then confronts her....few days later staged gun stolen from grandpas's sets the stage for murder

Ah haaaa! Just when everyone (including me) had dismissed the importance of Cancun... there it is. Bam! Lefty buying three tubes of sunscreen on her way to Mesa just didn't make sense otherwise. And the sex, phone-convos she cobbled together for blackmail purposes also falls neatly into place.

Thanks, Ms. Josie. :)

I'm having a late dinner of broiled salmon- yummy- as my son is staying overnight with his GF in Binghamton

and NG is on, so see y'all later :seeya:

I'm having a late dinner of broiled salmon- yummy- as my son is staying overnight with his GF in Binghamton

and NG is on, so see y'all later :seeya:

She got me as well. I just hope she lets Juan actually talk. Grrrr

JM is on NG right now

After watching Phil, I think Tanisha was able to give the audience the impression that JA lied about Travis. I am disappointed Tanisha trashed JM about juror 17.

I am too. Disappointed and surprised, though I well remember Sky Hughes eviscerating JM for his PP2 close.

And Tanisha was critical about how he handled the autopsy photos? I didn't catch that if it was on the show. I just heard her say it was incredibly difficult sitting in the courtroom having to see them. Of course.

Ah haaaa! Just when everyone (including me) had dismissed the importance of Cancun... there it is. Bam! Lefty buying three tubes of sunscreen on her way to Mesa just didn't make sense otherwise. And the sex, phone-convos she cobbled together for blackmail purposes also falls neatly into place.

Thanks, Ms. Josie. :)

That was JVM's opinion, not JM's, or at least, he wasn't the one who said that on Dr. Phil.

I am too. Disappointed and surprised, though I well remember Sky Hughes eviscerating JM for his PP2 close.

And Tanisha was critical about how he handled the autopsy photos? I didn't catch that if it was on the show. I just heard her say it was incredibly difficult sitting in the courtroom having to see them. Of course.

Tanisha got more air time than Martinez. She did get to let the audience know that Travis was a good guy. Shared that their last day they spent together they were helping the homeless

JM is on NG right now

That pic of her leg/foot with TA bleeding out on the ground was certainly much clearer... did anyone else note that the sun was shining very brightly through the window just above TA, something I couldn't see in the pics from the trial? Makes me think that pic could have been taken when she shot him... pretty sure it was in the bathroom with his feet towards the windows. Hope someone tapes it and puts it on YouTube.

Juan tells NG he thinks the motive was "if I can't have/marry him then no one else will either". That he rejected her and wouldn't marry her

That pic of her leg/foot with TA bleeding out on the ground was certainly much clearer... did anyone else note that the sun was shining very brightly through the window just above TA, something I couldn't see in the pics from the trial? Makes me think that pic could have been taken when she shot him... pretty sure it was in the bathroom with his feet towards the windows. Hope someone tapes it and puts it on YouTube.

I hope so too, really looking forward to seeing better copies of them. Do you think someone who gets the Kindle version can post the digital pics here or is that a no-no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419