MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think 3x4 for the blood? She got knocked to the ground, possible he zip tied her hands and feet, threw her in back? Curious if they found any cigarette butts. She smoked a lot, would not have left without her smokes which were in her purse. She may have been cleaning the machines or sweeping or smoking. He just happened to catch the back door opened?

attachment.php

colette, regarding the blood evidence, I would generally agree with you if this were some kind of household accident. For example, I'm walking toward a door, somebody opens it toward me as I reach for the door handle, the edge of the door hits me in the nose, I stand there as my nose bleeds, and within a short amount of time there's a 2" by 3" puddle on the floor.

However, this is different. We all know the only reason Jessica's blood was on the ground was because she was attacked. So, it's not like the person hit her and allowed her to stand there in place and bleed for 30 seconds. Instead, because it was an attack, the splotch had to have been created in a very, very short amount of time. Why? Because nothing was stolen. The guy, presumably, didn't take any cash. Take her purse. Take any items . . . at least as far as we know. None of Jessica's blood was found inside the store. So, once striking her, he never went into the store. Thus, the only inference that can be made is, as soon as he struck her, he threw her into the van.

Now, maybe there were a few seconds where she lay there as he opened the hatch . . . sure. But, how long 7 seconds? 10 seconds, I'd say at the most. And in those ten seconds, at least according to the blood evidence, Jessica didn't move at all. How do we know that? The blood was in a puddle, not a streak. Nor where there little droplets surrounding it. So, once again, a person could infer that in those 10 seconds Jessica couldn't move because, probably, she was knocked out. So, this wasn't a hit to the nose by a door, which wouldn't knock someone out. This was a strike to incapacitate. I guess one might even say a "deathly blow".

That's why I insist that this wasn't about rape. Sure, rapists strike women. They punch them. Etc. But rapists usually want the woman to be awake during the violence. Why? Because these rapists perversely get off on it. Yes, afterwards, some rapists will knock there victims out. Even kill them. But not before.

So, I don't see him knocking her out. Then waiting around somewhere else for her to wake up, so as to rape her. That's too much of a stretch to me.

Instead, what makes more sense is he struck her at the store to incapacitate her for good. That's why I think the blood evidence and its amount is more deathly than others seem to think. Yes, I can sit here and tell you that a 2" by 3" puddle of blood isn't a big deal if my nose is dripping for a minute in my home because of an accident (I hate the sight of blood by the way). But in the context of an quick attack, I think it's a big deal.

As for a container in the back of the van, sure, I can see that. But I don't think this guy could've avoided getting blood on him in this encounter, then not tracking it to the driver's seat of the van. Also, I think we've all--including myself--become Hollywood-ized regarding how easily bodies can be made to disappear with no evidence. Whereas, reality--the Forensic Files, The First 48, Disappeared--shows us that it's a bit more complicated than movies say. I am NOT dismissing the container idea. All I'm saying is it wouldn't be as neat and clean as has been portrayed in fiction.

What do you think 3x4 for the blood? She got knocked to the ground, possible he zip tied her hands and feet, threw her in back? Curious if they found any cigarette butts. She smoked a lot, would not have left without her smokes which were in her purse. She may have been cleaning the machines or sweeping or smoking. He just happened to catch the back door opened?

attachment.php

Could it be a hand print?

I didn't see that! Yes, that's possible. A partial of a small hand.

I've been looking at it, reminded me of something but couldn't figure it out. Looks like her right hand had blood on it, I wonder if she possibly touched the ground to leave a clue?

Way too small to be a hand print. That spot of blood is like 1.5" x 2"
I think she got ambushed as she went out back. Somebody knocked on the door... She opened it and wham!.. They hit her. Happened very fast. She knew her attacker. JMO

I've been looking at it, reminded me of something but couldn't figure it out. Looks like her right hand had blood on it, I wonder if she possibly touched the ground to leave a clue?

... or she was injured, used her right hand to protect the injury, was dragged out of the gas station, and put her hand on the ground to balance herself?

I still can't get my head around the fact that the manager saw something suspicious happening at the back of the gas station late at night, and then simply drove away - knowing that a young woman is alone in the building. I can't quite understand how a stakeholder in a company could do that.

Way too small to be a hand print. That spot of blood is like 1.5" x 2"
I think she got ambushed as she went out back. Somebody knocked on the door... She opened it and wham!.. They hit her. Happened very fast. She knew her attacker. JMO

If you put the photo in a software like photoshop and push the red, the blood appears to be 2.5"x3".

If you put the photo in a software like photoshop and push the red, the blood appears to be 2.5"x3".

Just look at the measuring tape. The spot easily fits in between the 12" and 14" marks.
Regardless, it is not a hand print. The entire width of the picture is 8". A hand print. Even a small adult handprint would take up the majority of the photo.

ETA... Could be an elbow though

Just look at the measuring tape. The spot easily fits in between the 12" and 14" marks.
Regardless, it is not a hand print. The entire width of the picture is 8". A hand print. Even a small adult handprint would take up the majority of the photo.

There are two spots: larger one on the right, and smaller one on the left.

There are two spots: larger one on the right, and smaller one on the left.

Looks like it was droplets. Likely came from her face. JMO
Do we know if they checked the area with luminol or just what was visible to naked eye?
Do we know how far away from the door this blood was found?

"The Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a Saturday morning abduction attempt.

Sheriff Dean Roesler said that between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. Saturday, a 16-year-old girl was walking home when she became lost on West River Road near Green Creek Road north of the city of Muskegon. The teenager said that a silver minivan stopped and the driver — a man in his 30s or 40s — offered to let her use his cell phone.

The teen said she got into the vehicle and the man drove off without giving her the cell phone.

The girl said she asked him to let her out but he locked the the doors and kept on driving. She said she believed the man reached for what appeared to her to be a handgun."

http://fox17online.com/2016/04/17/muskegon-county-teenager-escapes-minivan-abduction-attempt/

I wonder if this is the same perp who took Jessica it would fit the FBI profile it's April again and he may be on the hunt for his next victim. I hope and pray he doesn't get lucky. The victim is very lucky she got away.

Look over the 11" mark, there is a spot there, the end goes to 13.5.

Following up from my previous post this article has more info about the suspect in the attempted abduction. If only this lady could remember the license plate.

"Deputies describe the suspect as a white man in his 30’s or 40’s, slightly overweight with brown hair, a beard and mustache that were neatly trimmed.

The vehicle is described as a silver minivan."

http://woodtv.com/2016/04/16/deputies-investigating-attempted-abduction-in-muskegon-co/

Just watched ID
It's unbelievable that the manager of THAT store observed the suspicious vehicle they Believed trying to commit a crime and did not
1.) call 911
2.) follow the van for a tag and call 911
3.) check on the SINGLE employee they know was alone .
Even a passerbyer that had None of that information would have called .
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica is 5ft tall. Her hands shouldn't be that large or small. Curious if we have anyone here similar to Jess?

I just watched the episode of Disappeared recently on the ID website last night and am practically obsessed (at least for today lol) with reading about this case now. I think I was too tired while watching for it to really stand out to me how odd the owner/manager's story was...but, wow, yes it just does not make sense the way she said it happened or that she would not have either checked to see that the store or Jessica herself was ok after witnessing what she claims - even if they really thought she was stealing it would have made sense to check on her since that would have been an easy segue to ask about potential stealing (which I don't necessarily believe).

Also, it's very interesting to me that a lot of important details were left out of the "Disappeared" episode - like it's never mentioned that this former "bf"/patron who thought they were an item is the brother of the mgr who gave the whole witness statement. Also, on "Disappeared" his alibi is that he was on the phone with his wife parked in some random parking lot - which police claim was true based on the phone records and on ID they say that his van also showed up on a camera in the lot where he said he took the call. But, then, in this article that I'm going to link to from 2014, his family says that his alibi was that he was "fishing" and the "fishing" trip was confirmed by phone records: http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

So, which is it? Why do the police seem to believe everything this family says at face value...even building a timeline around it? Are they very well connected to the community...someone in LE? I just don't understand. I know le did say that they haven't completely eliminated most of the original pois, but they don't seem to be really reacting to any of the discrepancies in their stories either.

Jessica is 5ft tall. Her hands shouldn't be that large or small. Curious if we have anyone here similar to Jess?

I'm basically the same height as Jessica 5'1 to 5'2 ish and am pretty petite too overall, though she was probably technically skinnier than me. Anyway, I think my hands are fairly small, at least relative to other adults' hands and even kids are always telling me my hands are small. lol So, yeah, I could see her handprint seeming small when placed on concrete or anywhere really.

I just watched the episode of Disappeared recently on the ID website last night and am practically obsessed (at least for today lol) with reading about this case now. I think I was too tired while watching for it to really stand out to me how odd the owner/manager's story was...but, wow, yes it just does not make sense the way she said it happened or that she would not have either checked to see that the store or Jessica herself was ok after witnessing what she claims - even if they really thought she was stealing it would have made sense to check on her since that would have been an easy segue to ask about potential stealing (which I don't necessarily believe).

Also, it's very interesting to me that a lot of important details were left out of the "Disappeared" episode - like it's never mentioned that this former "bf"/patron who thought they were an item is the brother of the mgr who gave the whole witness statement. Also, on "Disappeared" his alibi is that he was on the phone with his wife parked in some random parking lot - which police claim was true based on the phone records and on ID they say that his van also showed up on a camera in the lot where he said he took the call. But, then, in this article that I'm going to link to from 2014, his family says that his alibi was that he was "fishing" and the "fishing" trip was confirmed by phone records: http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

So, which is it? Why do the police seem to believe everything this family says at face value...even building a timeline around it? Are they very well connected to the community...someone in LE? I just don't understand. I know le did say that haven't completely eliminated most of the original pois, but they don't seem to be really reacting to any of the discrepancies in their stories either.

Two different people I believe. The brother of manager was the one on fishing trip. JA was the one supposedly talking to his wife in the van.

Oh poop....I was just trying to edit typos in my last post & deleted it by mistake.

Anyway, I thought JA and the brother of mgr were one in the same because they were both described in articles as being the one who had confronted her with his feelings and proposed this new life, apartment living arrangement with her.

Were there 2 different guys doing that? The only difference in description between them was different alibis reported among different sources, as I noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark