MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she really even involved in a relationship with JA (or whichever one)? I think it's kind of insulting to the victim - on the part of the media, not anyone posting - to refer to any of the gas station dudes as boyfriends, when they merely could have been just friends/acquaintances of hers who became obsessed and interpreted her friendliness the wrong way. Her own sister and mother brought that up on the ID show, as far as these guys just being delusional. I realize they may have more substantiating that, but I'm just saying....

edited to add: all of that would speak to motive as far as any delusions either of these guys had about their alleged "relationships" with her...

I watched the Disappeared episode again. I caught something I missed before--it comes out toward the end.

There is the section where Jessica's mother states that if there had been video cameras in the store, they would've identified who took Jessica. She goes on to say that if these store owners are going to employ young women, then more steps need to be taken to protect them. I, for the record, agree with that.

However, right after that, the narrator says the store owner didn't have any cameras in the store because those cameras are usually only used for theft reasons. And the owner of the store said there were never any theft problems.

But wait a minute . . . the manager told the police she thought a theft was going on when she saw the van pull behind the store. In my opinion, the only way she would think that is if she knew the store had an ongoing theft problem already. In other words, why think theft when it never is a problem?

So, was the store having a theft problem or not? The owner says not. The manager says so. Who's telling the truth? Because both of them can't be.

I watched the Disappeared episode again. I caught something I missed before--it comes out toward the end.

There is the section where Jessica's mother states that if there had been video cameras in the store, they would've identified who took Jessica. She goes on to say that if these store owners are going to employ young women, then more steps need to be taken to protect them. I, for the record, agree with that.

However, right after that, the narrator says the store owner didn't have any cameras in the store because those cameras are usually only used for theft reasons. And the owner of the store said there were never any theft problems.

But wait a minute . . . the manager told the police she thought a theft was going on when she saw the van pull behind the store. In my opinion, the only way she would think that is if she knew the store had an ongoing theft problem already. In other words, why think theft when it never is a problem?

So, was the store having a theft problem or not? The owner says not. The manager says so. Who's telling the truth? Because both of them can't be.

I said that in post 280 lol

According to the show, the owner didn't have cameras because there wasn't history of theft, yet the manager thinks Jess did. They stopped to watch the van because they thought Jessica was stealing from the store. I have always said that it is weird they did not follow him just for that reason. If she was stealing, silver van guy pulls up to the back, they load stolen goods into it from the back door, he quickly leaves. They wouldn't be the 1st people to do this. Manager caught van guy closing the hatch, then opening it, looking like he was shoving something (stolen goods) in. I'm clueless why that didn't ring their bell as looking like stealing. I do not know if they're involved or not, I've always felt like they knew something especially after it was pointed out that their story about turning around doesn't time right.

I've always felt LE should have tried looking for more video. I wonder if there were any home that had outside cams.

IIRC there was proof that the plumbers silver van was a few (2+) hours away.

I used to work at my dads gas station from 1977 to 1993, we had dogs until 85, but have always had video cameras which I believe were installed before my dad bought it in 1967. I had all sorts of men coming in that were infatuated with me. One year someone sent a bunch of roses and balloons to me on Valentines day.

I could see someone being infatuated with Jess too. I feel it was probably the person that was talking to her a few hours before when she was reading pumps. I'm not sure if they even mentioned that on the show.

From this article. I have to go back and find the article about the guy that wanted her to move in to see if it's the same person as this guy

An employee at a store adjacent to the gas station saw the 25-year-old mother there only hours before she vanished last Friday night. CVA watched a man in a silver minivan approach Heeringa when she was at a gas pump.

"He was just like, 'Hey, what are you doing over here? Aren't you supposed to be inside?' Just kind of being real flirty, weird about it," CVA told ABC News.

"It was just bizarre that he seemed to be actively looking for her, like he knew her and then had this attitude that he wanted to have a conversation with her and then conduct business, and that is what seemed really out of place to me," CVA said.

And Fastfreddy submitted his post before I could finish lol

Good point. I'll try to find the link, but there was a local news piece where a reporter goes to the station and presses an older male about not having cameras, who then tells him 'get off my property', so I guess he's the owner. Anyway, he seemed quite curiously defensive about the whole issue, considering he knew he'd be on TV.

I certainly don't mean to ever rip anyone off on here. So I apologize. However, I will admit to sometimes posting things without reading prior posts because I'm afraid I'll forget my idea while reading.

I certainly don't mean to ever rip anyone off on here. So I apologize. However, I will admit to sometimes posting things without reading prior posts because I'm afraid I'll forget my idea while reading.

No need to apologize -- it's not a competition.

Good point. I'll try to find the link, but there was a local news piece where a reporter goes to the station and presses an older male about not having cameras, who then tells him 'get off my property', so I guess he's the owner. Anyway, he seemed quite curiously defensive about the whole issue, considering he knew he'd be on TV.

Hi you're correct I remember watching this I can't remember which website it was on.

Has there been any developments with the suspect of that attempted abduction I posted about who may a potential avenue of further investigation in Jessica's case? Full disclousre the police haven't identified him as a lead yet in Jessica's case it's just of interest as he would fit the profile, he drives a silver van and it is April again.

I was joking around; that's why I put lol
We pretty much posted at the same time that day. I almost didn't catch your post

I highly doubt this would have been a stranger abduction. Whomever did this would have known for certain that there was no cameras at the station inside and out. I think she knew and trusted the person. I believe they were probably talking by the backdoor while smoking and taking out the trash when an argument of some sort took place.

I highly doubt this would have been a stranger abduction. Whomever did this would have known for certain that there was no cameras at the station inside and out. I think she knew and trusted the person. I believe they were probably talking by the backdoor while smoking and taking out the trash when an argument of some sort took place.

I agree, she could have been strangled in the fight and he had to get rid of the body with his DNA around her throat.

That might explain the blood on the ground.

It just seems too coincidental that she had two males who were at the very least, close friends, and both had been in that night to see her. I know the one has the fishing trip alibi, which seemed to check out, but I am not convinced that one of them was not the perp. But then we have the recently paroled offender too. What a mess. Jmo

It just seems too coincidental that she had two males who were at the very least, close friends, and both had been in that night to see her. I know the one has the fishing trip alibi, which seemed to check out, but I am not convinced that one of them was not the perp. But then we have the recently paroled offender too. What a mess. Jmo

They both seemed very attached to the idea of her been there girlfriend more than her i think, the thing i can't shake is if a women i was pursuing turned down an apartment i'd bought for her to move into i'm sure i'd be pretty upset to say the least leading maybe a more irrational person to do something stupid to her.

It's been a month since Jessica's episode on Disappeared and it seems like nothing has happened. Granted, I'm sure the cops got many new tips because of the show but I would think at this time, a good tip would lead to the suspect pretty quickly. I'm wondering if anyone in the Norton Shores area has a different opinion.

I agree with many of you that an admirer of Jessica's is most likely the guy who kidnapped her. The problem is that Town & Country van has never been connected to any of them, except the guy who has a seemingly solid alibi. Even if one of the guys borrowed or rented the van, the police would make the connection pretty quickly, I think.

So, let's try to think of this in a TOTALLY different way. Let's say it wasn't one of Jessica's long-time admirers. Let's say it was a newer one. In fact, the guy was so new he just met Jessica that day while she was at work. Maybe a guy just passing through town. True, women who are attacked are usually the victims of men they know.

Maybe this case is different.

I bring this up because of the van issue but also because of the cash drawer--her closing up shop a full half-hour before closing time. Remember: The drawer was out as if Jessica was getting ready to leave, despite the store closing time being 11:30pm, not 11pm. Until this point I've hypothesized that this was probably a way to rip off the store.

Let's say it was partly that, or maybe not even that at all. Let's say she was closing up at around 11pm because she was planning to meet someone and she wanted to make sure she could leave right at 11:30pm or even before taht. More to the point, if I were the police, I'd ask all those admirers of hers if she ever left work early for any of them. Did any of them ever come in through the back door? Did they ever know her to close her drawer a half hour early? In fact, I'd ask the manager and owner if they knew Jessica was doing that.

If the answer is "no" on all counts, then I think what we are looking at is a very unique situation that night. The question is: WHY was it unique that night? I think the answer could be a new guy on the scene.

Next, I'd go back to all the receipts from that day and start going through the credit card info. If this was a new guy and he was a rapist/murderer/kidanpper, they tend to be very impulsive, picking out the easy prey very quickly. He saw the woman he wanted to kidnap and acted on it. Saw her earlier in the day or evening, made some kind of date with her, then came back early.

In turn, Jessica wanted to make good impression and not be late. So, she started to close out early.

Maybe to weed customers out, I'd try to figure out anyone who was there on the day of Jessica's disappearance but never came back after that day.

This could also be the reason that the diary wasn't helpful in narrowing down who took Jessica--because she hadn't had the opportunity to write about the guy yet.

Didn't a witness say he saw a guy in a silver van speaking to Jessica out by the pumps earlier in the day?

(respectfully snipped)
Let's say it wasn't one of Jessica's long-time admirers. Let's say it was a newer one. In fact, the guy was so new he just met Jessica that day while she was at work. Maybe a guy just passing through town. True, women who are attacked are usually the victims of men they know.

Jessica, her boyfriend and son went shopping at Aldi's Market, before Jessica went to work.
Perhaps Jessica saw someone she recognized at Aldi and told them she was working that night. It wasn't her normal shift. IIRC.

Maybe it was someone Jessica knew through work like a delivery/ distributor guy for the Exxon; a driver, or substitute driver, sales rep, type of person.
He arrives at the Exxon in his private vehicle. Jessica felt this person was familiar and opened the back door?

It's been a month since Jessica's episode on Disappeared and it seems like nothing has happened. Granted, I'm sure the cops got many new tips because of the show but I would think at this time, a good tip would lead to the suspect pretty quickly. I'm wondering if anyone in the Norton Shores area has a different opinion.

I agree with many of you that an admirer of Jessica's is most likely the guy who kidnapped her. The problem is that Town & Country van has never been connected to any of them, except the guy who has a seemingly solid alibi. Even if one of the guys borrowed or rented the van, the police would make the connection pretty quickly, I think.

So, let's try to think of this in a TOTALLY different way. Let's say it wasn't one of Jessica's long-time admirers. Let's say it was a newer one. In fact, the guy was so new he just met Jessica that day while she was at work. Maybe a guy just passing through town. True, women who are attacked are usually the victims of men they know.

Maybe this case is different.

I bring this up because of the van issue but also because of the cash drawer--her closing up shop a full half-hour before closing time. Remember: The drawer was out as if Jessica was getting ready to leave, despite the store closing time being 11:30pm, not 11pm. Until this point I've hypothesized that this was probably a way to rip off the store.

Let's say it was partly that, or maybe not even that at all. Let's say she was closing up at around 11pm because she was planning to meet someone and she wanted to make sure she could leave right at 11:30pm or even before taht. More to the point, if I were the police, I'd ask all those admirers of hers if she ever left work early for any of them. Did any of them ever come in through the back door? Did they ever know her to close her drawer a half hour early? In fact, I'd ask the manager and owner if they knew Jessica was doing that.

If the answer is "no" on all counts, then I think what we are looking at is a very unique situation that night. The question is: WHY was it unique that night? I think the answer could be a new guy on the scene.

Next, I'd go back to all the receipts from that day and start going through the credit card info. If this was a new guy and he was a rapist/murderer/kidanpper, they tend to be very impulsive, picking out the easy prey very quickly. He saw the woman he wanted to kidnap and acted on it. Saw her earlier in the day or evening, made some kind of date with her, then came back early.

In turn, Jessica wanted to make good impression and not be late. So, she started to close out early.

Maybe to weed customers out, I'd try to figure out anyone who was there on the day of Jessica's disappearance but never came back after that day.

This could also be the reason that the diary wasn't helpful in narrowing down who took Jessica--because she hadn't had the opportunity to write about the guy yet.

Closing the register out early so she get away with someone sooner? I have followed this case from the beginning and that is first time I've heard that theory. I'm sure (or rather I hope) LE has all of that day's credit card transactions. And looking at follow on transactions as well. I wonder if LE got the transactions for the next month.

JnRyan, I am open to a host of possibilities as to why her drawer was closed early. All I can say for sure is that she shouldn't have been doing that. Not that night or any other night. I could MAYBE see five minutes or ten minutes before closing time, especially if her experience was that she didn't usually have customers from 11pm to closing time of 11:30pm on an average night.

But, I think what we know about that store location now is that it had several customers who regularly stopped in after 11pm. So, why was Jessica counting out her drawer early? It makes NO business sense . . . unless she was stealing. Or, it was some other type of situation. She wouldn't have been the first employee to wanna close up a store early to get on with the rest of her night.

That's why I would like to know if the manager and owner knew she was doing that. It's also the reason I'd like to know if any of her 11pm to 11:30pm customers ever noticed that. Once again, if all of them were to say, "NO". Then, I think something can be equated between the counting out of the drawer and Jessica disappearing that night.

JnRyan, I am open to a host of possibilities as to why her drawer was closed early. All I can say for sure is that she shouldn't have been doing that. Not that night or any other night. I could MAYBE see five minutes or ten minutes before closing time, especially if her experience was that she didn't usually have customers from 11pm to closing time of 11:30pm on an average night.

But, I think what we know about that store location now is that it had several customers who regularly stopped in after 11pm. So, why was Jessica counting out her drawer early? It makes NO business sense . . . unless she was stealing. Or, it was some other type of situation. She wouldn't have been the first employee to wanna close up a store early to get on with the rest of her night.

That's why I would like to know if the manager and owner knew she was doing that. It's also the reason I'd like to know if any of her 11pm to 11:30pm customers ever noticed that. Once again, if all of them were to say, "NO". Then, I think something can be equated between the counting out of the drawer and Jessica disappearing that night.

She most likely knew the guy that found her missing was coming in because he was a regular, probably paid by credit or exact bills. It's been 25 years since I pumped gas. We had to leave a certain amount of bills in the drawer then count out the change. I used to do it early too, very easy to recount change if used after counted. The rest of the bills and credit receipts went into the floor safe when I shut the pumps and lights off.

Do we know if Jessica put the bulk of the money away or was that out too?

She was such a cute little thing and had the personality to put all her customers at ease and was friendly, I can see these customers being infatuated with her. I wouldn't call them boyfriends, but admirers. I think someone took her friendliness as compliance that she wanted to be in a relationship with them, in their own little mind. When she made it clear she wasn't on board were th that, he kidnapped her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hachiko304