TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible he or she was on foot?
Possibly, but how far would the perp want to walk with all that gear? If the perp did arrive by foot, I'd think he/she didn't park too far away? For as planned out as this all appears, surely the perp put just as much planning into the arrival and getaway.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/8-things-we-know-about-missy-bevers-murder/145099447
"The building didn't have an alarm...."
http://www.midlothian.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=184
Alarm permits are required, good for one year, and decal must be affixed to the alarm posting.

Somehow the perp knew there wasn't going to be an alarm. Most likely - he/she is familiar with the church - maybe through CG, maybe by setting up CG in prior wee hours, maybe through a camper mentioning it, maybe through being a church member. Least likely imho - he/she is familiar with Ellis County's alarm sign-posting rules or had access to the county permits.

Add to that someone familiar with motorcycle/police gear, had a connection to Missy, has no verifiable alibi for early am Monday and the list gets smaller.

I'm curious as to why the perp left the hammer in the double-door room.... for later? just to ditch it? is this room where the murder took place? does anyone know which room this is? could it be where her equipment was stored and he/she knew that's where the confrontation would take place?

I'm not sure that he or she left it in the room. Those SWAT uniforms have all sorts of pockets, loops and even a tool belt, where the item could have been shoved into.

This is from CG Midlothian FB post where it doesn't sound like they're moving from the church, but instead there's an expansion to other locations as well and it also makes me wonder who else had the same job as Missy as there was at a minimum two locations that happened at approximately the same time on multiple days:
The weather is perfect for Outdoor Group Fitness! Are you in a place in your workout regimen, where you need Group Support, Motivation, Accountability, and the Knowledge of a Certified Personal Trainer? Are you already fit and looking for a Bigger Challenge! Camp Gladiator is for all Fitness Levels!

Take Action Now!

Special Price for Grand Opening and Current Locations!! Message us for a Pre-Openimg Sale!! Hurry...this special price begins now and ends April 18th!

Current locations for Midlothian, TX
M/W/F 5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ
M/W/F 9:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
T/TH 5:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
T/TH 7:00pm, Midlothian Conference Center

Locations coming April 4th:

M/W/F 4:40am & 6:00am, Beef O' Brady's
M/W/F 5:00am & 6:15am, Athletes Enhancement
M/TU/THUR 9:15am & 5:15pm, Gateway Church Midlothian

Come check out Camp this week at current locations and next week at our Preview locations!
Send us a Message for More Details!!

I added a question to my post back thread but I will ask you again.

You mentioned motion activated.
Are you thinking that the car was caught on video because of the movement inside the building and when the perp left, there would be no more movement so nothing to activate the camera and capture the car leaving?
Perhaps it was activated by Missy arriving?

And who would know best to cover their tracks like that? Who would know what could or could not be seen and what may leave evidence and what would really throw LE off track?

Us? J/K sort of... LOL
Someone who took the time to PLAN out a murder is who!

Maybe the answer to this is right in front of me and I am dense but...
If LE can see a car on the surveillance, why did they not see who parked it and see it leave?

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-coach.html

Odd, because I understand that some federal LE agencies have new technology that could read the plate #, and the make and model too...

If I may put my two cents here, I don't see on the footage any prosthetic limbs. I see a small person, wearing bulky, heavy gear they are not used too and shoes that are clearly too big. I waddle in exactly the same manner whenever I borrow my mom's rubber boots, which are much too big for my feet. The perp, IMO seems to be not very comfortable in this gear, therefore moving in a clumsy manner.

From the very first moment I've read about Missy's murder, I couldn't fight the feeling that it's somehow computer-game like. The perp wanders around the church, checking the rooms and closets as if he was in a game, looking for stuff to their inventory. I have no idea if Missy's murder was a part of the perp's fantasy, or was unplanned, but if it was a premeditated murder, targetting specifically Missy, wouldn''t the perp dress himself in something more comfy, alloving him to move faster and swiftier? And something less catching attention than a freakin' SWAT gear. There are easier and less flashy ways to obliterate your face and body than that.

I feel there is something weirdly immature and teenage in this case.

Good post! I can't shake off the videoish-game feel either or a teenager. So, not to get too far off in another direction, if it was a teenager attracted to Missy's oldest daughter who sometimes accompanied her to the workouts, maybe Missy was not the object of this perp's desire/rage/anger. I'm thinking only mom and dad would know when the oldest daughter was accompanying Missy to the workouts. I'm still stuck on Missy being targeted, but this might be my second guess if there are not any hard leads that Missy had a stalkerish-type person in her life, the daughter might be second to look and see if she had any stalkerish-type guys in her life, even remotely.

I added a question to my post back thread but I will ask you again.

You mentioned motion activated.
Are you thinking that the car was caught on video because of the movement inside the building and when the perp left, there would be no more movement so nothing to activate the camera and capture the car leaving?

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. The cameras (I would guess) pick up near movement, but not movement from outside through windows. I imagine it was while the camera was capturing movement inside the building that they were able to see a car in the parking lot through a window.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/8-things-we-know-about-missy-bevers-murder/145099447
"The building didn't have an alarm...."
http://www.midlothian.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=184
Alarm permits are required, good for one year, and decal must be affixed to the alarm posting.

Somehow the perp knew there wasn't going to be an alarm. Most likely - he/she is familiar with the church - maybe through CG, maybe by setting up CG in prior wee hours, maybe through a camper mentioning it, maybe through being a church member. Least likely imho - he/she is familiar with Ellis County's alarm sign-posting rules or had access to the county permits.

Add to that someone familiar with motorcycle/police gear, had a connection to Missy, has no verifiable alibi for early am Monday and the list gets smaller.

This kind of makes the hair on my neck stand up too:

2. Bevers was at the church early because she was teaching a Camp Gladiator boot camp class. She lived in nearby Red Oak with her family and was formerly a public school teacher and worked with students with special needs.

Former student with a crush. Someone she befriended, maybe she didn't have as much time for as she once did.

Good post! I can't shake off the videoish-game feel either or a teenager. So, not to get too far off in another direction, if it was a teenager attracted to Missy's oldest daughter who sometimes accompanied her to the workouts, maybe Missy was not the object of this perp's desire/rage/anger. I'm thinking only mom and dad would know when the oldest daughter was accompanying Missy to the workouts. I'm still stuck on Missy being targeted, but this might be my second guess if there are not any hard leads that Missy had a stalkerish-type person in her life, the daughter might be second to look and see if she had any stalkerish-type guys in her life, even remotely.

Good point! I had a neighbor whose daughter was held hostage by an ex. His intent was to kill the mother, but instead the step-father showed up and was shot through the door by the ex. So, maybe the daughter could have been the intended victim.

That's what sooo scary and creepy! We know Missy is coming and there's this monster just waiting for her to get there. I do think he was looking to disable/destroy the cameras recording inside the church! Geez Louise!

I disagree...if he/she was looking for the camera equipment, it would involve more than just nonchalantly opening the Dutch door and peering in. That kind of equipment is (I believe) wired to a router or a security panel. At the very least he/she would have had to turn on the lights and step inside. I think he/she was just doing a quick scan to make sure no one was in the building.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. The cameras (I would guess) pick up near movement, but not movement from outside through windows. I imagine it was while the camera was capturing movement inside the building that they were able to see a car in the parking lot through a window.

Ok, now i understand
That makes a lot of sense and certainly is an answer to the question about no video of the car leaving

I disagree...if he/she was looking for the camera equipment, it would involve more than just nonchalantly opening the Dutch door and peering in. That kind of equipment is (I believe) wired to a router or a security panel. At the very least he/she would have had to turn on the lights and step inside. I think he/she was just doing a quick scan to make sure no one was in the building.

I think you may be right - just checking to make certain the coast is clear.

Welcome and thanks for the input.

I think because the outfit looks like it could be for a motorcycle rider. Boots, possible shin guards, possible heavy body armor around chest and back, gloves. Also makes great coverup for the .

Don't forget, BB in one of his first interviews even suggested moyorcycle garb

I keep wondering how much additional surveillance footage LE has from the church and what's on it.

SCHMAE is right. We need a presser, but I suspect, as many of you have stated, LE will hold off releasing anything new until after Missy's funeral tomorrow. It will probably be Monday before we get anything new, unless case busts wide open for which I am praying for the family and true friends of Missy.

"Police also said that they do not know if the suspect was carrying a weapon or if anything was stolen from the church.

Bevers was first seen at the church at 4:20 a.m.

No items appear to have been taken from the church but there is significant damage.

'We are exploring all possibilities,' says Chief Smith.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ning-slaying-fitness-coach.html#ixzz46aWLV5E2

*I am very interested in knowing the amount $$$ of damage the church received, and if the church has been a target of vandalism or robbery in the past. Would help rule in if this "person" also had it in for the church. I'm just astounded at how rural it looks from the maps. If I was the husband, or family member, I would have been very worried about Missy doing this alone at this location. Just saying! 4:20 a.m. is DARK!

That's what sooo scary and creepy! We know Missy is coming and there's this monster just waiting for her to get there. I do think he was looking to disable/destroy the cameras recording inside the church! Geez Louise!

Welcome to Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member