GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

If you listen closely to Roger's interview, he indicates that there was some sort of info he was privy to, that told him what area he would find them. I wonder what that could have been? So awesome!

Interesting, I thought it was a damned weird coincidence that this guy who had been interviewed two days before happened to be the one to find them. But everyone was still celebrating and I kept my cynical yap shut.

So what do you think was his motive? "Weird uncles" who aren't sharp and are harmless usually don't abduct their niece. Not meaning that to sound sassy lol. I genuinely am curious for what you suspect was his motive. :)

I dono. I think he maybe just wanted to take her camping. From those short store video clips I'd say, he looks to me to be borderline mentally retarded. Loading the cart up with a life time supply of TP. :crazy:

Roger Carpenter said he couldn't go into details, but then said, "About as good a situation as we could've asked for" . Does anyone else think that this means he doesn't think she was abused? That's wonderful news, but what else was GS's motive? It's been 9 days....

My first thought to mind was the rescue was about as 'uneventful' as we could have wished for (no nasty confrontation etc) :thinking:

In the interview, Roger also said that he's very glad they found them when they did because he strongly believes he was getting ready to move on from that location. (Paraphrasing)

This was the first I'd heard that they actually had to get off their ATVs to walk and/or climb to get up there.

So what do you think was his motive? "Weird uncles" who aren't sharp and are harmless usually don't abduct their niece. Not meaning that to sound sassy lol. I genuinely am curious for what you suspect was his motive. :)

I agree KaaBoom. I don't think anything 'evil' was part of his plan.

No idea what his motive was though Gabby. You don't take a child without letting anyone know if you are just going on a camping trip. I wonder what was going on in his head

I dono. I think he maybe just wanted to take her camping. From those short store video clips I'd say, he looks to me to be borderline mentally retarded. Loading the cart up with a life time supply of TP. :crazy:

Thanks! I'm experienced with disabilities and retardation b/c of my former career. I'm thinking that if he had the mental deficit to think it was OK to just take her camping, he wouldn't have had the mental capability to know that he had to come up with a "lie" to remove her from school. Then again, I wouldn't think that most abductors would have taken her into the grocery store, so soon after abducting her either. So who knows?

That headline is misleading. This isn't the latest news. This is from when she was found and BEFORE she was taken to the hospital. I hope it proves true later, but we really need to understand that the authorities have repeatedly said she was in real danger, and that they have other evidence that they can't disclose that leads them to feel strongly that he was NOT protecting her and indeed had bad intentions. Also, TBI said it was insulting to not believe just how dangerous this man was. While I pray that CT wasn't harmed, I suspect we may find out that their has been a history of abuse, even before the abduction.

Thanks! I'm experienced with disabilities and retardation b/c of my former career. I'm thinking that if he had the mental deficit to think it was OK to just take her camping, he wouldn't have had the mental capability to know that he had to come up with a "lie" to remove her from school. Then again, I wouldn't think that most abductors would have taken her into the grocery store, so soon after abducting her either. So who knows?

Well, there you go. There is not a lot of rationality for anything he did.

IMO We might be surprised that some of the people saying that he wanted to save her from something could be right.
Will be interesting to find out exactly what LE were told that made them so sure she was in as much danger as we were told and who told them.

It sure makes you wonder now, huh? In the beginning, I felt there was more to the story. As soon as I heard he had a prior sexual abuse history, his motive seemed clear to me. Now, I'm not sure. Will be interesting to learn more...

That headline is misleading. This isn't the latest news. This is from when she was found and BEFORE she was taken to the hospital. I hope it proves true later, but we really need to understand that the authorities have repeatedly said she was in real danger, and that they have other evidence that they can't disclose that leads them to feel strongly that he was NOT protecting her and indeed had bad intentions. Also, TBI said it was insulting to not believe just how dangerous this man was. While I pray that CT wasn't harmed, I suspect we may find out that their has been a history of abuse, even before the abduction.

Good points! Yes, misleading for sure. I thought this was posted after she had been examined.

No idea what his motive was though Gabby. You don't take a child without letting anyone know if you are just going on a camping trip. I wonder what was going on in his head
Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this line of thought. IMO...I repeat IMO...He had evil intentions. He is probably a pedophile. He knew what he was doing. He wanted to take her away and have her all to himself. And frankly, I don't care what his mental capacity is or what was in his head. He wasn't living as a mentally-challenged individual. He was the caretaker for his disabled son. He was formerly a legal guardian for CT and her sister. He had a driver's license. He knew enough to lie to the school. I just can't sugar coat this stuff any more. I am so, so happy he has been caught and that CT is alive and well (from our limited perspective). But so many of these cases that I follow are unresolved and the children are never found, or even worse, they are found dead. For this reason, if someone takes a child, I will always assume ill intent and guilt until proven otherwise. Sorry if I am sounding heated. This case was very stressful, and now that she is found, I don;t want us to forget who the bad guy is.

My weird creepy uncle was a molester.

My first thought to mind was the rescue was about as 'uneventful' as we could have wished for (no nasty confrontation etc) :thinking:
That is what I am thinking also. Given the circumstances it was the best outcome.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I do. Grown men don't go buying their nieces underwear, high-cut bikinis, dark colored nail polish and lip gloss and abduct them. Also according to relatives, he has a history of sexual abuse. I think we will find that he assaulted her when they add charges.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this line of thought. IMO...I repeat IMO...He had evil intentions. He is probably a pedophile. He knew what he was doing. He wanted to take her away and have her all to himself. And frankly, I don't care what his mental capacity is or what was in his head. He wasn't living as a mentally-challenged individual. He was the caretaker for his disabled son. He was formerly a legal guardian for CT and her sister. He had a driver's license. He knew enough to lie to the school. I just can't sugar coat this stuff any more. I am so, so happy he has been caught and that CT is alive and well (from our limited perspective). But so many of these cases that I follow are unresolved and the children are never found, or even worse, they are found dead. For this reason, if someone takes a child, I will always assume ill intent and guilt until proven otherwise. Sorry if I am sounding heated. This case was very stressful, and now that she is found, I don;t want us to forget who the bad guy is.
Agreed. I strongly feel that he was grooming her. He probably had been for a long time. Hoping to keep her to himself for as long as he lives. [emoji35]

BBM. I totally agree! :clap::clap::clap:Gary Simpson is NOT innocent. At the very minimum, he kidnapped her under false pretenses and bought her sexually suggestive items. So sick of people defending this pervert!

If you listen closely to Roger's interview, he indicates that there was some sort of info he was privy to, that told him what area he would find them. I wonder what that could have been? So awesome!

I wonder, too. He starts talking about how and where he started trying to look for GS. The first three days he looked around where GS lived because he was familiar with the area (I love how he said he knew a lot of hidey-holes - I haven't heard that term in 30 years). When that didn't turn up anything, he went to Goshen (?) Valley (where GS was born and raised) and searched for two days. No one there had seen GS for over 20 years. That's when Pastor Carpenter says they caught a break (which he can't disclose) and was told which direction GS went after he abducted CT. It was at that point he knew where to look. Turns out he was spot on.

So utterly amazing! The pastor and his "hunting" buddies felt they were right on top of GS...spidey-sense...and the kept searching. Anything could have happened to those men on their tracking mission but they were undeterred. They brought CT home.

Super yay!

BBM. I totally agree! :clap::clap::clap:Gary Simpson is NOT innocent. At the very minimum, he kidnapped her under false pretenses and bought her sexually suggestive items. So sick of people defending this pervert!

For what it's worth, I wasn't defending him. I thought surely his motive was to harm her, once it was mentioned that he has a history. But then when I read the article that said she was OK, I assumed it was posted AFTER she'd been examined. At that point, I thought it was odd that he'd go 9 days w/o touching her, if that was his intention, which made me question those intentions. Now, I understand that article to have been written before she was taken to the hospital.

I'm still wondering where GS was when his wife said that he would disappear for many hours at a time......

I wonder, too. He starts talking about how and where he started trying to look for GS. The first three days he looked around wher GS lived because he was familiar with the area (I love how he said he knew a lot of hidey-holes - I haven't heard that ten in 30 years). When that didn't turn up anything, he went to Ghost Valley (where GS was born and raised) and searched for two days. No one there had seen GS for over 20 years. That's when Pastor Carpenter says they caught a break (which he can't disclose) and was told which direction GS went after he abducted CT. It was at that point he knew where to look. Turns out he was spot on.

So utterly amazing! The pastor and his "hunting" buddies fled they were right on top of GS...spiney-sense...and the kept searching. Anything could have happened to those men on their tracking mission but they were undeterred. They brought CT home.

Super yay!

Yes, and it makes me wonder why the public wasn't privy to the info about the direction GS went. It's great that they were given that break, but perhaps if more people had been as well, she could have been found sooner?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back