MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that in the most lighthearted way. Sorry if that offended you or was taken to be mean spirited. That was not my intention at all. Apologies to Jillycat if she thought it was anything but lighthearted as well.

:grouphug: :heartbeat:

If this comes down to the 1 juror issue I will be peeved

<modsnip>Bri testified HE was hooking up with 2 other guys (they could be the father of her baby). Was this totally new revealing info or has this been discussed on FB?

I hadn't heard that before Bri's testimony and I've followed this case from the beginning.

Heather would have told her BFF if she were pregnant and thinking of getting an abortion. She discussed everything else with her BFF. Heather was upset because she had finally moved on from the affair with Sidney, she was getting her life back together, she had moved in with Bri, she had interviewed and been offered a new job, and she was finally starting to be interested in someone else (SS) and bam, SM calls right at that point.

Except for that just does not jive with reality, if she was so moving on, enjoyed her date that evening, she would have told him to call her another day or not at all. But no, she burns up his phone/pay phone afterwards. Date could not have been too spectacular. If he is creepin around during the middle of the night making a booty call, which is more likely what that call was. I do see her being murdered by him after they met although the 13 minute timeline does not leave much time, according to him arriving and leaving PTL.

You shouldn't be thinking about the murder charge if you were on the jury now. The charge is kidnapping.

If you're trying to understand are these questions reasonable? If you are going by only the testimony and the narrative the solicitor layed out my question is why do you see disconnects in the solicitors theory. Who did what in between could have many scenarios. I think you are overthinking everything if you would have questions about the narrative layed out by Livesay in the closing. That's fine. So, do you feel that the SM attorney casted enough doubt in his presentation?

I'm not thinking about murder as a juror. My point is that we members here can't be married to the PTL theory and then for the purposes of this discussion pretend we don't know there's no evidence of a crime at PTL and that the state had to nolle pross it's murder charge. I think Livesay's theory that SM chose HE because she was a "transient" is the dumbest thing said to date by the state, and I think she had to keep using emotionally charged words like "creepin' because she either doesn't do well in closings, or, she ran out of substance. And I think KT lost a lot of ground when he didn't rebut or offer other witnesses, however I think his closing was pretty solid. His closing however is not what raises a question in my mind about whether or not the state met its burden. It was just another closing, frankly.

I think this verdict could go either way.

Quite frankly, there are times when I think any pause or willingness to consider reasonable doubt is seen as being in the enemy camp, or perhaps as simply being stupid, and I beg to differ. I was a caseworker for a long time and went before courts on behalf of and in opposition to all kinds of people who had various legal conflicts and at times, criminal charges. I helped put one of my clients in prison. I'm not claiming expert status in anything, but I'm far from naive or on anybody's team. I'm not "over-thinking" anything, although was said to be when I argued previously that the state could not make the PTL murder theory work because the timeline was too tight.

So I simply think this chain of events is missing some important links that raise questions. If this was me or my family member on trial, I would hope that the zeal in 'getting' me or my family member would not stop my jury from looking at all evidence through the lens of the reasonable doubt standard. If this jury already struggled with that straight out of the gate, are they just too dumb, push-overs, or on Sid's side? It seems that's the judgement.

Given who is on the jury that does not surprise me. I'm curious to know who the hold out(s) are.

WPDE ABC15 &#8207;@wpdeabc15 [video=twitter;746410630396153856]https://twitter.com/wpdeabc15/status/746410630396153856[/video] Jury is heading back into the courtroom for #SidneyMoorer trial. Hearing it is a deadlocked jury and an Allen Charge will be delivered

If the friend is the holdout.. i'll be really pizzed.

My guess is they are being shown the letter from the forperson of the jury on the deadlock issue.....

Meghan Miller &#8207;@Meghan_WBTW

UPDATE: Judge Dennis just announced the jury is deadlocked. #HeatherElvis #MoorerTrial

Meghan Miller &#8207;@Meghan_WBTW
Judge Dennis has just received another note. He is speaking with state and defense right now.

The judge needs to re-explain the instructions in a different way IMOO. :moo:

My heart is breaking for the Elvis family.

Alright! Who put on the Mickey Mouse movie? :notgood:

125stvl.jpg

How apropo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads