Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That woman is stuck on stupid!

As I watched this pharse I kept thinking of the undigested food found in Reeva's stomach, science. And yet Masipa still couldn't figure out that it was premeditated.

On to the SCA.

Any Appeal will be heard today
so they're not completely leaving Court

I think that is leave to appeal isn't it, so if the State are going to appeal we will know today. I hope they do.

That's only one year more than Culpable Homicide result. She's basically saying eh, murder, worth another year.

Ridiculous. Tragic.

South Africa, this has not been a good look, at all.

How many years does he have to serve before parole? 3 years?

The sister, Aimee P hand over mouth , looking like she's smiling

I think we would have lost more time following the trial than OP would to imprisonment!

Passive aggressive towards the public methinks.

ha , she really resents society

Now she is saying that crud again - nothing she can say will bring Reeva back

OH my, does she so misunderstand what we expect of her in this role. How patronising a view of the citizens.

OP's demeanor early on in sentencing hearing tended to indicate he was comfortable - in my honest opinion.What had he been informed about?

How many years does he have to serve before parole? 3 years?

1 probably ,
Nel must be seething ,
I couldn't read the Steenkamps but believing he had remorse made me feel sick, because he had remorse only for himself being in the situation , he was sorry for only himself

Iirc she gets to approve or deny any appeal... what a mess.

The State can petition the SCA directly anyway

In the case of giving a 9 year deduction to the mandatory minimum I am sure an appeal would be heard

This is unprecedented as far as i am aware

Even de Oliviera for 10 years

I think we would have lost more time following the trial than OP would to imprisonment!

this trial has been longer than time he'll serve in prison
SA really messed up -now nausiating Alex Crawford on Sky, bootlicking the P family as per usual

That's only one year more than Culpable Homicide result. She's basically saying eh, murder, worth another year.

Ridiculous. Tragic.

South Africa, this has not been a good look, at all.

Exactly! She's made a mockery of the entire legal system with this sentence.

just seen it

Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years for Reeva Steenkamp's murder

OP's demeanor early on in sentencing hearing tended to indicate he was comfortable - in my honest opinion.

I was just thinking the same thing. Hardly the actions of a man whose terrified of being gang raped whilst incarcerated for 6 years. No tears whilst he's torn away
from his loving family. Just very calm and composed. Must be the anti depressants though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa