TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was mad when he made those statements.

Video in aftermath of Dallas police slaughter appears to show protesters DANCING and 'taunting' officers in a 7-Eleven parking lothttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ice-slaughter-appears-protesters-DANCING.html
This made me just as mad as when I saw video of people cheering in Palestine after seeing the planes hit the twin towers, absolutely sickening. You could not pay me enough money to be a police officer in this day and age. Every time I encounter a police officer I always make it a point to thank them for their service and shake hands and have been doing this for years. I wish more people would take the time to do this, it costs you nothing and I am sure that they appreciate the gesture.

Each of chooses to see the glass as half full or half empty. A single extremist committed mass murder, the ONLY difference from hundreds of other massacres here in the US being that he killed cops, instead of, say school children, or church goers, or movie-goers.

Handfuls of drunk young people danced, maybe they danced becsuse they were drunk, or lost in their world, or maybe they were celebrating. Who knows. But why the focus on the actions of those few, rather than on the shock and horror expressed by nearly everyone else, including the mother of a black son so recently shot by cops?

Johnson was a terrorist, as far as I'm concerned, and to ignore the pleas of leaders in Dallas for folks to come together is, imo, to give the Johnsons of the world exactly what they want.

Rbbm

I agree - but who are the ones ignoring the pleas to come together?

Seems peaceful everywhere tonight. Thank goodness.

Hi!

My fear is people just dont function when stressed - either cops or marchers make what might perceived as a wrong move and off it goes, again.

Like last night it seemed like someone shot three times at the beginning and then it blew up.

I read somewhere this afternoon that no one was in custody directly related to the shooting.

Can't quickly locate the link. I'll post it if/when I come across it. I read very little other than MSM at times like these, so I am 99% that I read it from local MSM.

Possible no woman was ever arrested or detained.

Possible a woman was questioned and released.

Possible a woman was arrested on an unrelated charge.

DPD does report they arrested a man at the scene on an unrelated weapons charge. Could be anywhere from felon in posession, concealed carry without a license, prohibited weapon (brass knuckles, etc.) and so on.

https://dpdbeat.com

It's long, but nowhere near as long as the article it's snipped from:

Initial confusion
In earlier news conferences, Brown referred to at least two possible shooting suspects and said they may have been perching in a way to triangulate on the officers. There was also initial confusion over the number of people in police custody.
When the shooting started, about 20 people in camouflage gear with rifles slung over their shoulders started running and police "started catching," Rawlings said.
Throughout the course of the night, police interviewed and questioned multiple people. During the shootout, Brown said a woman who had been in the same area as the gunman was taken into custody.
By Friday afternoon, no suspects were in custody.
"As we started to unraveled this fishing knot, we realized that the shooting came from one building at different levels by this suspect," Rawlings said.

About 11:30 p.m. Thursday, a person of interest in a photo circulated by the city and Dallas police turned himself in, police said. But that man, Mark Hughes, was released from custody about two hours later.
Shortly before midnight, a Dallas police officer saw someone carrying a camouflaged bag, walking quickly down Lamar Street. The person threw the bag in the back of a black Mercedes-Benz that then sped off, police said.
Police stopped the vehicle, questioned the two occupants and released them, KXAS-TV (NBC5) reported.

http://beta.dallasnews.com/news/dal...ooting-deaths-alton-sterling-philando-castile

BBM

The camo bag person (read about in another article) was simply a kid being picked up by his brother from the Greyhound bus station situated there in the middle of all that melee.

Each of chooses to see the glass as half full or half empty. A single extremist committed mass murder, the ONLY difference from hundreds of other massacres here in the US being that he killed cops, instead of, say school children, or church goers, or movie-goers.

Handfuls of drunk young people danced, maybe they danced becsuse they were drunk, or lost in their world, or maybe they were celebrating. Who knows. But why the focus on the actions of those few, rather than on the shock and horror expressed by nearly everyone else, including the mother of a black son so recently shot by cops?

Johnson was a terrorist, as far as I'm concerned, and to ignore the pleas of leaders in Dallas for folks to come together is, imo, to give the Johnsons of the world exactly what they want.

Why are you asking me why I am focused on the actions of a few rather than on the shock and horror expressed by nearly everyone else.

I was commenting about that one article about people dancing and taunting police.

I am shocked and saddened about everything that has happened.

IMOO.

Disgraceful. Looks to be about 3 dozen idiots. How many were at the protest I wonder? I'm not a fan of BLM, but I don't think these degenerate fools represent the mass of marchers. These are wanna be looter-goons that were prevented from looting IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I watched that go on for a long time last night, what was confusing was many of them had red bandanas and the dancing I saw was actual throwing up gang signs and many were wearing red and bandanas. I was really shocked, I thought it was illegal to be in a gang?

How terrible!!!!!! It's horrific that these police officers were killed and people are dancing and taunting officers. How is THIS helping????????

IMOO.

Exactly, heartbreaking and the LE still trying to protect everyone there. 😥

Maybe he was mad when he made those statements.

No excuse, IMO, for someone of such a high office. People with power should not say or do idiotic things because they're mad.

No need to get too wound up about it. A very small group of boors does not represent any group larger than themselves. I'd actually find it kind of insulting to suggest they do -- not that you are doing so. I mean, do we judge any large group based on the actions of a few idiots? (Or I guess I should ask -- should we?)

BBM

People are sure judging all LE enforcement by the actions of a few idiots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not in Atlanta.

Details?

ETA: I just checked myself. Looks like the marchers in Atlanta shut down an expressway. I'm not seeing any news other than that. From what I'm seeing, it remains peaceful in Atlanta as of now (9:45pm). Am I missing something?

I say this as a Texan. He is an idiot of the highest order!!!!!!!!! As well, he's likely a criminal. It just hasn't gone to court yet. We here in Texas have several politicians who embarrass me.

Dont feel alone, I am confident every state has #############

!!

He is quoted directly in the article linked initially:

“All those protesters last night, they ran the other way expecting the men and women in blue to turn around and protect them,” Mr. Patrick told Fox News. “What hypocrites!”

Goodness that IS tacky-- it is however the job they selected to do ....

Given what was found in his home I wonder if he had a bigger plan? Events unfolded and he took action sooner than later? This is horrific enough but it makes me wonder if he had something much bigger in the works.

i wondered that when I saw that too. What is also amazing is where do all these folks get all the money to get all this stuff??

I'm scared to even refresh the news pages tbh. Prayers for everyone to stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes