OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

I checked with Troy's Mom Linda, who checked with the cold case detective. Unfortunately, Michael Atwood was not in the local area when Troy was killed in 2008 at this same general location on the Greenway. I'm sorry this turned out to be a false alarm, but we do need to keep our eyes open for these new cases, since Linda lives across the country. I'm sure LE cross-references new murders, but it's always good to make sure. One of these days, Troy's killer will be found.

I've been following the Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette case so I listened to tonight's radio program and heard bessie's segment on Troy...how sad...
I've now read the pages here...Troy's Mom...my heart goes out to you...I cannot even imagine...
Looking at Lillibet's post with his picture...what a smile...
BIG HUGS to you...he's now in my thoughts also...

Thanks to everyone who remembers my son and thank you for keeping in touch with me. Since I live on the east coast it's hard for me to know what is going on in your news. Linda

I remember way back when first reading about this case, they mentioned, i read somewhere that they took photos of persons staying in that area, in-case something happened to one of them they would have some information on file to give to the authorities since most if not all of these persons were living on the street for lack of better term. Do you know if they tried to find any of the persons whom had a picture on file and was staying in the area when your son was murdered to see if they could find out any information. It is possible your son was murdered for no other reason then someone just didn't like him. Not that he did anything to this person, this person for whatever reason just didn't like him and probably shot him on his last night there. Probably was leaving the area and shot him as he was leaving. There is a chance, though small as it may be, that this person had some information on file that was collected from those staying in the area in-case something happened to him also. That is why I asked about if any of the LEOs tracked down anyone from the information to see if they could shed light on the matter..........Your son was found in his sleeping bag, so I am guessing he was not being robbed or he walked upon someone stealing from his things. Someone on the way out just shot him as he passed by.

Thank you both for posting here after hearing Bessie's presentation on Tricia's show. Your support means a lot. So do Tricia's and Bessie's. I really wish there was more sleuthing to do. But at least we can keep this case alive.
:loveyou:

Just listened to Bessie's presentation of Troy's case on Tricia's iHeart radio program and then read all the posts here.

My condolences to you, Troy's mom.

I've been following the Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette case so I listened to tonight's radio program and heard bessie's segment on Troy...how sad...
I've now read the pages here...Troy's Mom...my heart goes out to you...I cannot even imagine...
Looking at Lillibet's post with his picture...what a smile...
BIG HUGS to you...he's now in my thoughts also...

Eight years gone, yesterday September 4. Condolences to Linda and all who loved Troy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 77
I have been looking at the details in these terrifying cases... but the serious question to me seems simplest. Medford/C.P/Ashland running along the I-5 corridor. Why havent I seen any mention of gang activity? Am I missing something? Epidemic problem with drugs especially methamphetamines. Am I crazy or blind? I was really expecting some kind of internet or media coverage at minimum throwing this possible corrilation. Sorry if this post isn't perfect, but was really wondering about demographics and geography on this?

I have been looking at the details in these terrifying cases... but the serious question to me seems simplest. Medford/C.P/Ashland running along the I-5 corridor. Why havent I seen any mention of gang activity? Am I missing something? Epidemic problem with drugs especially methamphetamines. Am I crazy or blind? I was really expecting some kind of internet or media coverage at minimum throwing this possible corrilation. Sorry if this post isn't perfect, but was really wondering about demographics and geography on this?

Welcome LittleBlue! Thanks for posting. :seeya:

Yes, you're absolutely right, gang activity is an issue in the area. We just have no evidence in the mainstream media that Troy had encountered a gang member who would seek him out where he was sleeping and execute him. Anything is possible, of course. I believe Troy had stayed with someone and then moved out for some reason, but beyond that, we don't officially know names or anything that we can discuss here. It's frustrating.

If you're also referring to Dave Lewis, murdered the same weekend, I'd be very surprised if that involved gangs. His home was off the beaten track. But again, at this point, eight years later, no theory should be ignored and it's certainly worth discussing. Dave clearly crossed paths with someone who decided it was "necessary" to kill him, and the same could be said of Troy, even though the murders are no longer considered connected.

Troy's Mom can I private message you?

I was trying to think about the burning element that happened at the scene later to Troy and to Dave, then in Ashland with that old cabin. I believe that it why I drew the line to David Grubbs as well, but I can't remember the time right now exactly... it's early. But in my looking around I thought that fire is a link and often be a calling card represents crimes by the NoCal Nortenos and Serenos which all have ties to California. The Nuestra Crime Family La Familia, have direct ties to Cartels in Mexico. I do believe, that there is evidence ofpolice departments as well with other government agencies, possibly unable to close these cases due to corruption. This is my 'opinion' so dont think I'm trying to cause problems.

I just seem to remember methamphetamine bust that happened in sleepy Central Point that was huge like 9 lbs or something? To me that indicates a serious manufacturing and distributing business. Not a trail operation ran by small time crank bakers.of out in Drain or Wolf.Just sleculation.

The names I saw in drug busts I googled seemed to see what affiliations were possible. I think from what I googled and how moderately with just access to police info at your fingers you could zigzag down to proof? I fear that answers could be there, but people in control people have been gagged? I

The Rogue Valley is growing into a pretty large city, but the minds of a lot of people it's a small town still. That thought rings true to me with my experiences there. Lived there periodically in my years. Seems that it's extremely hard to do anything in that town without a lot of people knowing. The answers are there but people who might have direct knowledge don't trust the police. The mpd has been called corrupt by a lot of people, some in decently high factions of the community. I believe most people don't think there are serious gangs in RV but there are and those gangs are scary. People are too scared to say anything in my opinion. If you can't trust the police who can you? Just a thought...... sorry if I got any Spanish names wrong Im not bilingual.

There is a link. Similar cases. Arsons and fires.
Look at the Keno quarry advertisements and the medical marijuana arrests being made. Troy had lived in the area years before. He knew people from his past.
Look at what is going on there. Black market and pot cartels.

That information seems to be very intriguing. The swirling accusations of elected officials Sherriffs and what not during this time, still reverberates today in this community and will for a long time.I believe corruption and fear have a strong grip on anyone with even an crumb of legit information. Just saying....

[ I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner, but I just read your message. I haven't been checking messages for a while because I haven't been well. Yes it is ok to private message me...You can also write. Findjustice4troy@yahoo.com.. Again, sorry..Troy's mom..

QUOTE=LittleBlue1031;12801759]Troy's Mom can I private message you?
I was trying to think about the burning element that happened at the scene later to Troy and to Dave, then in Ashland with that old cabin. I believe that it why I drew the line to David Grubbs as well, but I can't remember the time right now exactly... it's early. But in my looking around I thought that fire is a link and often be a calling card represents crimes by the NoCal Nortenos and Serenos which all have ties to California. The Nuestra Crime Family La Familia, have direct ties to Cartels in Mexico. I do believe, that there is evidence ofpolice departments as well with other government agencies, possibly unable to close these cases due to corruption. This is my 'opinion' so dont think I'm trying to cause problems.

I just seem to remember methamphetamine bust that happened in sleepy Central Point that was huge like 9 lbs or something? To me that indicates a serious manufacturing and distributing business. Not a trail operation ran by small time crank bakers.of out in Drain or Wolf.Just sleculation.

The names I saw in drug busts I googled seemed to see what affiliations were possible. I think from what I googled and how moderately with just access to police info at your fingers you could zigzag down to proof? I fear that answers could be there, but people in control people have been gagged? I

The Rogue Valley is growing into a pretty large city, but the minds of a lot of people it's a small town still. That thought rings true to me with my experiences there. Lived there periodically in my years. Seems that it's extremely hard to do anything in that town without a lot of people knowing. The answers are there but people who might have direct knowledge don't trust the police. The mpd has been called corrupt by a lot of people, some in decently high factions of the community. I believe most people don't think there are serious gangs in RV but there are and those gangs are scary. People are too scared to say anything in my opinion. If you can't trust the police who can you? Just a thought...... sorry if I got any Spanish names wrong Im not bilingual.[/QUOTE]

So sorry you haven't been well, Linda. :( I've tried to fix your post so it didn't blend into Little Blue's post...something got messed up in the formatting. :)
I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner, but I just read your message. I haven't been checking messages for a while because I haven't been well. Yes it is ok to private message me...You can also write. Findjustice4troy@yahoo.com.. Again, sorry..Troy's mom..
Troy's Mom can I private message you?I was trying to think about the burning element that happened at the scene later to Troy and to Dave, then in Ashland with that old cabin. I believe that it why I drew the line to David Grubbs as well, but I can't remember the time right now exactly... it's early. But in my looking around I thought that fire is a link and often be a calling card represents crimes by the NoCal Nortenos and Serenos which all have ties to California. The Nuestra Crime Family La Familia, have direct ties to Cartels in Mexico. I do believe, that there is evidence ofpolice departments as well with other government agencies, possibly unable to close these cases due to corruption. This is my 'opinion' so dont think I'm trying to cause problems. I just seem to remember methamphetamine bust that happened in sleepy Central Point that was huge like 9 lbs or something? To me that indicates a serious manufacturing and distributing business. Not a trail operation ran by small time crank bakers.of out in Drain or Wolf.Just sleculation.The names I saw in drug busts I googled seemed to see what affiliations were possible. I think from what I googled and how moderately with just access to police info at your fingers you could zigzag down to proof? I fear that answers could be there, but people in control people have been gagged? IThe Rogue Valley is growing into a pretty large city, but the minds of a lot of people it's a small town still. That thought rings true to me with my experiences there. Lived there periodically in my years. Seems that it's extremely hard to do anything in that town without a lot of people knowing. The answers are there but people who might have direct knowledge don't trust the police. The mpd has been called corrupt by a lot of people, some in decently high factions of the community. I believe most people don't think there are serious gangs in RV but there are and those gangs are scary. People are too scared to say anything in my opinion. If you can't trust the police who can you? Just a thought...... sorry if I got any Spanish names wrong Im not bilingual.

I understand what your saying and I too have always believe the same thing. I signed up on google for alerts on cold cases in Medford, Central Point area and I see that they have solved a few very old cases.
Medford and Central Point needs new fresh young detectives that want to make a name for themselves to help solve these cases.
I haven't talked to the detectives in many months, just got tired of being told they have nothing to report.
My health is not good so I know I will never see Justice in my lifetime. I never thought eight years later there would still be no justice for my son. Troy knew everyone working at the Pilot and all the detectives tell me is that they can't find anyone that didn't like him and everyone they questioned all say the same thing, that he was a very friendly kind hearted guy and they are shocked to think anyone would want him dead.
Every one remembers him as very soft spoken. Wish I could have been on here more, but was I the hospital for a while.
I am feeling much better right now and hope it stays that way.. I am so greatfull to everyone that has posted about my son and so much appreciate all the help.. I miss him so much every day. Thank you to everyone..Linda

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back