OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by PrayersForMaura, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Not in the Army, Tulessa ... possibly in Alaska:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Israel Keyes Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Troy's and Dave Lewis' names have come up a few times in the Israel Keyes forum here on WS. Try searching for "Carney" and/or "Lewis" in these two threads (using the "Search This Thread" drop-down):

Pacific Northwest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

2. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

Bumping for Troy. His mother Linda deserves answers.

3. Lilibet

On September 4 it will be six years since Troy Carney was murdered. I hope there will be some news coverage. His Mom Linda needs to know he has not been forgotten.

4. Troy's mom

Troy's mom Justice4troy

Hello.
    Thanks so much for posting about my son Troy Carney. Yes six years have passed now and I sure wish I had good news, but the Jackson County cold case team found nothing new to report. I have been trying to move on with my life but can't. Not yet...
    They can't find anyone that didn't like him so no new leads...Thanks for thinking of my son....

5. Sleuth2010

Sleuth2010 New Member

It is fair for people to know some more truth. The police do believe that some sort of illicit drugs (pot or ?) may have
    been involved. They also know that sexual trists were happening at the Keno Quarry. This is advertised on Craigslist & National Men's magazines. Dave Lewis apparently ran some men off, about a week to 10 days before the murders.

The police waffle on if the crimes are connected. There are several different theories. The cold case team is small. One of the detectives passed away. Another got cancer. Another retired. No one has picked up the pieces. There should have been a lot of DNA and information on Carney's phone & body.

The whole truth needs to be told, so that those who are crying for help & those who attempt to help, are dealing with all the facts.
    The police have revisited the first cabin that burned on Keno Quarry turn-off. Took evidence.

6. Sleuth2010

Sleuth2010 New Member

The name of the man that Troy Carney had stayed with was Georg Garibay.
    He has heavy ties to Mexico, if that helps some of the web-sleuths & researchers.

7. Sleuth2010

Sleuth2010 New Member

There are 3 crimes scenes in the Lewis-Carney murders.
    2 on Dead Indian Memorial road, where both cabins were torched to the ground. Lewis murder.

Carney's camp place, in the heavy thorn bushes, near a Medford truck stop.

Pretty brazen to create 3 scenes. Cops must have some sort of DNA & evidence. Ballistics. Both men shot in the head.

The case needs to be cracked. South ORegon has a lot of open-unsolved. Too many.

8. Sleuth2010

Sleuth2010 New Member

I think to get to the truth you have to tell the truth. Not just play on people's emotions.
    Lots being left off of here. :thinking:

9. Lilibet

A recent story about the Dave Lewis murder investigation states that the ballistics do not match on the bullets used to kill Lewis and Carney, so they do not think the two cases are connected.

http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/it...vestigators-six-years-later.html#.VDDjKGK9KSM

10. Lilibet

We need a media link for this information in order to discuss it.

11. Lilibet

12. Troy's mom

Troy's mom Justice4troy

Now more then seven years have passed and still no justice for my son Troy Carney.

13. :+:MrTT:+:

:+:MrTT:+: Cold Case Files

No mentioned of type of weapon used. Alot of cases I have read over the years would tell me it was probably a revolver, like a 22 or 38 and not a clip weapon, a automatic.............You mentioned in one article someone he had met a couple of days earlier. What makes you believe it was someone he met a couple of days earlier?

I ask the above question because they mentioned a few weeks before the murder they went out there and took pictures of those living in the area for better identification if they became missing or murdere3d whatever the case may be.

I was wondering if they may had taken the persons picture and after the murder they left the area. ​

14. Troy's mom

Troy's mom Justice4troy

Praying for justice for my son this holiday season..Long shot, I know.

15. Troy's mom

Troy's mom Justice4troy

16. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Bless you, Troy's Mom! :heartbeat:

17. Lilibet

18. Lilibet

19. Lilibet

Bumping for Troy and his Mom Linda. Not forgotten.

:grouphug:

20. Lilibet

Another murder on the Greenway in Central Point. There has been an arrest of Michael Atwood for murder. I hope LE will consider that the suspect could have also murdered Troy.

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_17024.shtml

Other coverage:

http://kobi5.com/component/zoo/item/man-found-dead-on-bear-creek-greenway.html#.VcLtE0pHarU

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Man_Charged_with_Murder_on_Greenway.html